• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2015 Dynasty Draft Official Thread

AHF

• Moderators

120 more player selections, at an average of 8 hours per, would indeed have us wrapping things up right before the Hawks hold training camp.

But the ennui sets in for many after all the big fish get drafted, and nobody needs 8 hours (not even counting the overnight layovers) to choose between a wayfaring veteran, a disappointing sophomore, and a Summer League upstart.

So, I'm for the 4-hour "lightning rounds", at least for the final five rounds (9-13). We can use the saved time to wax poetic about our completed lineups at the tail end of the draft.

~lw3

120 more player selections, at an average of 8 hours per, would indeed have us wrapping things up right before the Hawks hold training camp.

But the ennui sets in for many after all the big fish get drafted, and nobody needs 8 hours (not even counting the overnight layovers) to choose between a wayfaring veteran, a disappointing sophomore, and a Summer League upstart.

So, I'm for the 4-hour "lightning rounds", at least for the final five rounds (9-13). We can use the saved time to wax poetic about our completed lineups at the tail end of the draft.

~lw3

Yessssss...and play each other on nba2k :-D

He will def have a bigger role in TO. It will be interesting to see how he does with the big contract and expectations

That's exactly what I was thinking. He will see a lot more shots in Toronto in order to justify that contract. We'll see how that works out. I think he can average about 14 or 15 while still shooting at a decent clip. Rebounds and assist will probably stay about the same tho which is fine with me

With the 64th pick in the 2015 Dynasty Draft, the Spud2nique Slammas select:

Julius Randle

Let me in on the Wildcat party!!! Ashley Judd may flirt with Anthony Davis, Nerlens Noel and KAT, but at the end of the night she's dreamin of a 6'9" 250 pound low post do it all beast in Jbo, he plays very similar to Zbo, but Jbo seems much quicker than Zbo. He broke his tibia in his first pro game but that can't possibly slow down this 20 year old double double machine. Recently, Ron Artest stopped by the Laker facility and commented on the physical strength of Julius. Apparently since returning to basketball activities, Randle has added a consistent jumpshot to his game as well. The Slammas are very excited about the addition of Randle, and have no doubt that he will be a perennial all star for years to come. Welcome aboard Jbo!

@lethalweapon3 It's on!!! :-)

PG- Damian Lillard

SG- Giannis Antetokounmpo

SF- Kawhi Leonard

PF- Julius Randle

C- Joakim Noah

@JETSET you are on the clock...

Edited by Spud2Nique

Knockdown shooter

gifted passer

hardworker

natural leader

It's time for a new star in L.A. and he has all of the tools to be that guy.

We select Deangelo Russell.

PG:  Deangelo Russell

SG:  Paul George

SF:  Carmelo Anthony

PF:  Nerlens Noel

C:   Demarcus Cousins.

@AHF  is on the clock

• Like 1

• Moderators

We figure we need to finish off our starting lineup.  Ashley wants a point guard who can pass, hit the three, and is going to still be in his prime for the next 5 years.  

What Ashley wants, Ashley gets:

ashley-judd-hot-wallpapers.jpg

With the 66th pick of the draft, the U-Niques select a player who couldn't be happier to leave the toxic environment in Denver where the team has been floundering and join up with a much better cast:

Ty Lawson

The 27 year old point guard has been a consistent force, putting up 15 and 10 last season even with the train wreck that Brian Shaw wrought.  He shoots a career 37% from 3pt range, a career 18.3 PER (very consistent with this), and his 7 win shares last season ranked him 13th among guards last season behind luminaries like Chris Paul and James Harden and right there with his draft day brother from another mother, Jeff Teague.

We think Lawson will rebound being out of the current cluster that is Denver since they lost their management team (coach & GM) and that his plus passing and perimeter shooting will be a great fit with this team.  Although lacking the versatility of someone like Eric Bledsoe who can check 2's, Lawson's speed keeps him as a good defender at his position and a ball hawk (1.5 steals average two of the last 3 seasons).

Welcome to the U-Niques, Mr. Lawson!

ty-lawson.jpg?w=600

@IheartFerry is on the clock.

PG:  Ty Lawson

SG:  Bradley Beal

SF:  Lebron James

PF:  Kevin Love

C:  DeAndre Jordan

Edited by AHF
  • Like 2

OK guys.. Sorry for delay but working.
Here is my high risk pick.

Sit down *****!!

I am taking Zach Lavine

Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87
No mentioning player who haven't been drafted!
  • Like 3

• Admin

Shocked and pleased he is still on the board

Capstone's Crew selects

Chandler Parsons SF

bringing some much needed three point shooting... Chandler is another of those team first players. A good passer he helps get his teammates involved...The crew will have a lot of ball movement this year. chandler is also a hustle guy who is not afraid to dive for balls and is an underrated defender. A Great locker room guy, he will fit great with this team. Parsons can also play some PF when we go small as he adds some more versatility to the roster. Welcome to the crew Chandler and we look forward to using your GM skills.

C Dwight Howard

PF Al Horford

SF Chandler Parsons

SG Victor Olidipo

PG John Wall

Edited by capstone21
  • Like 1

• Moderators

With the 69th pick in 2015 Hawksquawk Dynasty draft, PSSSHHHRRR87's "Birds of a Feather" select:

post-3277-14366718934255.jpg

Why Miss Judd, you look fabulous in your new photoshopped UGA duds!

SF - Rudy Gay

post-3277-14366714072831.jpg

With this pick, Birds of a Feather rounds off their starting cast. Standing at 6'8" and weighing in at lbs, Gay is strong, slashing SF that does a little bit of everything. Averaging over 20 ppg, 5apg, 5 rpg, and shooting 3pt at 35%, if you only saw his numbers, you'd swear they were Lebron's. Birds of a Feather is very PRIDEful to have Rudy joining our squad!

HC - ???

C - Andre Drummond

PF - LeMarcus Aldridge

SF - Rudy Gay

SG - Demar DeRozan

PG - Derrick Rose

Bench -

Reserves -

@Diesel has been P to the M'd.

Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

With the next two picks in the draft, the Atlanta GanstaSlappas select:

Joe Johnson.  6'7"  240 lb SF

joe-johnson-t.jpg

Joe Johnson is coming off of an 14 and 5 year.   With our shooting, Joe Jesus should get a lot of open looks.  We also like his defense.

Our next pick is:   Dwayne Wade  6'4" 225lb SG.

3.jpg?w=640

Wade County's best is now a Ganstaslappa.  Coming off a ~22, 5, 3.5 season, we like the change of pace that Wade can offer our team. He brings a guy who can relentlessly attack the basket and would make a fine compliment to what we have.

• Like 1

• Moderators

With the 72nd pick in the 2015 Hawksquawk dynasty draft, PSSSHHHRRR87's "Birds of a Feather" select:

PG - RAJON RONDO

11377934_108883059454226_2136012454_n.jp

Backing up an ACL tear with another player that recovered from an ACL tear?!? That's the Birds of a Feather way! With this pick, we get our bench off to a great start and bring in a guy that is a trip-dub machine. One of the smartest players in the league, a disgruntled Rajon posted stats of 9 ppg, 8 apg, and 5 rpg. 6'1", 190 lbs. We'll be waiting for Rajon to be putting the opposition on the Rondobout!

HC -

C - Andre Drummond

PF - LeMarcus Aldridge

SF - Rudy Gay

SG - Demar DeRozan

PG - Derrick Rose

Bench - Rajon Rondo

Reserves -

@capstone21 has been P to the M'd.

• Like 1

• Admin

With the next pick the Crew selects the best post player in the league

Al Jefferson

When it comes to post play teams should study Al Jefferson's game. It is a work of art. He is also an excellent rebounder. He lines up well next to Al or Howard when one of the starting bigs go to the bench. Their d can help cover for his average defensive skills.

@IheartFerry is up

• Like 2

We bringing down the house with this pick cause he may not be who he was but coming off the bench for Jimmy Buckets will work perfectly. That's right we are grabbing the NBA's favorite asshole!

With the ummmmmmm 1123 pick , The fabulous Fairies selects future Hall of Famer , The Black Mamba , Mr.Kobe Bryant

Injured much of his last couple years , but last year while on the court dude still brings it averaging 22.3 pts a game.

@ATLHawks3 is up

Edited by IheartFerry
  • Like 3

We bringing down the house with this pick cause he may not be who he was but coming off the bench for Jimmy Buckets will work perfectly. That's right we are grabbing the NBA's favorite asshole!

With the ummmmmmm 1123 pick , The fabulous Fairies selects future Hall of Famer , The Black Mamba , Mr.Kobe Bryant

Injured much of his last couple years , but last year while on the court dude still brings it averaging 22.3 pts a game.

@ATLHawks3 is up

myemotions_troy.gif

I wanted to pick him, but I knew he wouldn't fit well with Russ. Was hoping I could pick him up next and have him anchor my 2nd team. You're on my list now. You and Doflamingo.

• Like 1