• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2015 Dynasty Draft Official Thread

AHF

• Moderators

With the 59th(-ish) pick in the 2015 SDL Draft, the Lethal Voltage selects…

Hold up! Before I take you… how many more years you plan on stickin’ around these parts?

coachpop.gif

Alright... fine, then! I think you’ll do.

Can you all wait for Ed O’Neill to star in “The Gregg Popovich (Head Coacher in Charge, Age 66, 6’2”, None of Your #$^% Business what his weight is) Story”? I know I sure can’t.

Just a few years ago, it wasn't a good bet to expect Gregg Popovich to hang around the league much longer, at least not in his capacity as the top active head coach in the biz. After collecting four championship rings, he had his trusty longtime assistant waiting in the wings to receive the mantle. Meanwhile, the superstar workhorse Popovich hitched his successful decade-plus-long wagon onto was, surely, not going to keep this basketball thing up beyond age 40. The veteran core seemed more prepared to look for greener pastures than golden trophies.

But two more trips to The Finals and another league title later, and suddenly Coach Pop has renewed vigor and swagger. Why not aim for a few more titles, or at least 350 regular season wins above .500, which would be the most in NBA history?

Rather than looking like he's running a retirement stead, Popovich is luring some of the league's top talent to play for him in their prime. His commitment to see things through for at least another half-decade puts the Voltage in position to attract championship-caliber talent for years to come. His excellent track record with transforming players through his preferred styles of play grants his team managers flexibility in bringing in a wide array of talent. No matter the skillset, the best things to bring to a Popovich-led team are good ears and a checked-in ego.

Given Pop's famously stern, curmudgeonly demeanor, Danny Green probably hoped to catch a break in 2015 after incurring his coach's wrath one too many times. But the opportunity to have the 3-time Coach of the Year lead the reigning league MVP, the #1 pick in the draft, and one of the top young defensive talents around is too good of an opportunity to pass up for the Voltages. We'll get you some ear plugs, Danny. And maybe we'll encourage your coach to try decaf.

It’s time once again for the punctilious @Nicholasp27 to reappear with his picks. So… I suppose we’ll see you all tomorrow, eh?

THE LETHAL VOLTAGE: We’re Building for a Run!

PG: Wardell Stephen Curry II

SG: Daniel Richard Green, Jr.

SF:

PF: Señor Karl-Anthony Towns

C:  Monsieur Rudy Gobert

HCIC: Gregg Charles Popovich

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3

With the 61st pick in the draft The Fighting Jandros select: Wesley Matthews.

One of the best 3 & D wings in the NBA today, I don't like his new price tag but luckily we aren't working with a salary cap.

VoQB0NT.gif

PG: Russell Westbrook

SG: Wesley Matthews Jr.

SF: Jabari Parker

PF: Paul Millsap

C:   Jahiil Okafor

A sneaky good perimeter defense and explosive fast break team.

@jy23 is up next.

• Like 3

I'll take Khris Middleton next

He's a great defensive wing that has also shot over 40% on 3s the past 2 seasons

He will be great in BUD's system and my defense is going to be top notch along with plenty of scoring...this is a contending team

Teague

Middleton

Durant

Ibaka

?

Coach: BUD

Edited by Nicholasp27
  • Like 2

• Admin

With the 61st pick in the draft The Fighting Jandros select: Wesley Matthews.

One of the best 3 & D wings in the NBA today, I don't like his new price tag but luckily we aren't working with a salary cap.

VoQB0NT.gif

PG: Russell Westbrook

SG: Wesley Matthews Jr.

SF: Jabari Parker

PF: Paul Millsap

C:   Jahiil Okafor

A sneaky good perimeter defense and explosive fast break team.

@jy23 is up next.

I am a big fan of WM ... very underrated and a real solid pick

• Like 1

• Admin

I'll take Khris Middleton next

He's a great defensive wing that has also shot over 40% on 3s the past 2 seasons

He will be great in BUD's system and my defense is going to be top notch along with plenty of scoring...this is a contending team

Teague

Middleton

Durant

Ibaka

?

Coach: BUD

Nice pick... I was hoping Middleton would last to me

• Moderators

@Spud2Nique
@ATLHawks3
@lethalweapon3
@Diesel
@capstone21
@JETSET
@PSSSHHHRRR87
@jy23
@IheartFerry
@alejandro09
@Nicholasp27
@Alex
@Blazemore

I got a request to change the time limits for picks to 4 hours to try to speed up the draft a bit in the later rounds.  We would implement this, if desired by the majority of the group, at the conclusion of the round we were then in the middle of.

With over 120 more picks to go, it may be a good time to speed up the process, and have Draft participants remembering to check into the Squawk more routinely, especially once the Summer League games are done.

I propose a 4-hour window, allowing for as many as 3 late-arriving GMs per day to make picks and still keep things moving. Extending the daily draft window to 11 PM Eastern (16 hours) would expand the minimum to 4 picks per day.

• Like 1

Ok I'm rolling with my man DMC/Junkyard Dog 2.0. Needed to round out my starting lineup and I feel that this man gives me versatility at this spot which is exactly what I was looking for. He can defend those guys that Harden can't and he allows us to be versatile offensively. He plays well off the ball and he can spread the floor. I feel good about the balance of my starters....now it's time to build a great bench. @Alex is up

• Like 1

• Admin

Ok I'm rolling with my man DMC/Junkyard Dog 2.0. Needed to round out my starting lineup and I feel that this man gives me versatility at this spot which is exactly what I was looking for. He can defend those guys that Harden can't and he allows us to be versatile offensively. He plays well off the ball and he can spread the floor. I feel good about the balance of my starters....now it's time to build a great bench. @Alex is up

He will def have a bigger role in TO.  It will be interesting to see how he does with the big contract and expectations