• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2015 Dynasty Draft Official Thread

AHF

I think I am his number 1 on here....I thought you were Dol's number 1 on here lol

Edited by jy23

I think I am his number 1 on here....I thought you were Dol's number 1 on here lol

Haha... Nah, he left me for a real life relationship lol

• Moderators

Without further ado... with the 54st pick in the SDL Draft, the Lethal Voltage finally selects…

snakes.jpg

Oh, c’mon, now! Somebody, please tell me Danny Green (Shooting Guard/Small Forward, Age 28, 6’6”, 215 lbs.) comes with an insurance package!

These days, it's much easier being Green. Danny Green scratched out the first couple of seasons teetering between the Big Show and the D-League. Fast forward just a couple of years, and he's played a crucial role as a starter on a championship-contending veteran roster. He's developed his game on both ends along the way to become, perhaps, the penultimate 3-and-D role player, a "shooting" "guard" who actually lives up to the very duties the position's titles imply.

Steph Curry needed a "Splish Brother," and with Green's addition, the Voltage now have two of the league top five players in career 3FG% sharing the starting backcourt. Joined by Rudy Gobert, the Voltage trio represented three of the league's Top 15 in true shooting percentage last season, while rookie Karl-Anthony Towns came in second among 2015 NCAA draftees for that same category. If you're an opposing defender and you're seeing a shot going up, it's probably too late.

Since nearly stealing the show with an MVP-caliber breakout performance in several games of the Finals three seasons ago, Danny has shed the impulse of deferring to older teammates and passing up open shots. As the senior member of the Voltage, he literally has the Green light now. His and Curry's ability to effectively spread the floor will allow KAT and Rudy to toil away comfortably inside the arc.

While many long-range bombers give up at least 4 or 5 for every 3 they make, Green has used his considerable athleticism to his advantage on defense. He has become a nightmare on-ball defender out on the perimeter and one of the best stiflers of opponent fastbreaks around. Green is one of just 8 active ballers (and the only one among them who's backcourt-eligible) to have averaged at least one block and one steal last season. His pestering play takes pressure off of the front line to shift or help on pick-and-roll plays, and keeps his backcourt mate from playing fullcourt D on his heels.

Green disappointed during the 2015 playoffs, resulting in an abruptly short appearance for his team, so he will be looking to make amends this coming postseason with the Voltage. He also expressed disappointment at being left off the All-Defensive teams at season's end, and vows to ensure he won't be quite so overlooked the next time around. Green can continue to round out his game by becoming a better passer, accomplishing career highs (and lows) in assist percentage (and TO percentage) last season.

Lethalopolis is thrilled to have at least one guard from each of the last two league title-holders suiting up in the backcourt together. Green and Curry certainly could use a coach that can turn this dynamic duo into a dynastic one, by leading them back to championship glory again, perhaps as soon as 2016.

Let’s keep this thing slithering along, with the illustrious @ATLHawks3!

THE LETHAL VOLTAGE: Now you know.

PG: Wardell Stephen Curry II

SG: Daniel Richard Green, Jr.

SF:

PF: Karl-Anthony Towns

C:  Monsieur Rudy Gobert

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3
  • Like 2

Without further ado... with the 54st pick in the SDL Draft, the Lethal Voltage finally selects…

snakes.jpg

Oh, c’mon, now! Somebody, please tell me Danny Green (Shooting Guard/Small Forward, Age 28, 6’6”, 215 lbs.) comes with an insurance package!

More on this ophidiophile later! Let’s keep this thing slithering along, with the illustrious @ATLHawks3!

THE LETHAL VOLTAGE: Now you know.

PG: Wardell Stephen Curry II

SG: Daniel Richard Green, Jr.

SF:

PF: Karl-Anthony Towns

C: Monsieur Rudy Gobert

~lw3

I see how your constructing your team...and let's just say I don't wanna play my team vs ur team in ps4...:-/

With the next pick in the 2015 Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft, the Atlanta Attack selects..... Brook Lopez 

brook-lopez.jpg?w=650

All I can say is that Brook Lopez will flourish in our system. Lopez, known as one of the better post scorers in the NBA, averaged 17.2 ppg 7.4 rpg and 1.8 bpg. With great passers such as Chris Paul and Andre Iguodala being on his team, we look for him to become not only the focal point of our offense, but to also become a defensive anchor as well. We are extremely excited that he dropped this low in the draft boards, and we know for a fact that he'll soon become the steal of the 2015 Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft. Welcome to the Attack, Brook Lopez!

ATLANTA ATTACK CURRENT ROSTER

PG: Chris Paul

SG: Andre Iguodala
SF: Andrew Wiggins
PF:
C:  
Brook Lopez

HEAD COACH:

@Blazemore is on the clock.

• Like 1

With the 56th and 57th pick in the Hawk Squawk Dynasty Draft the Paulding Count Blazers select:

Kyle Korver

and

Tim Duncan

doing the write-up now. Just figured I'd post real quick to speed things along.

@ATLHawks3 you're up again

Damn, I was hoping Kyle would drop to me!

• Moderators

With the 56th and 57th pick in the Hawk Squawk Dynasty Draft the Paulding Count Blazers select:

Kyle Korver

and

Tim Duncan

doing the write-up now. Just figured I'd post real quick to speed things along.

@ATLHawks3 you're up again

Duncan always drops in this thing and he just keeps kicking people's rears every season.  Kyle is a great pick for this format, too, where efficient players really shine because everyone's team is loaded with talent.  Good picks!

• Like 1

Duncan always drops in this thing and he just keeps kicking people's rears every season.  Kyle is a great pick for this format, too, where efficient players really shine because everyone's team is loaded with talent.  Good picks!

Is this a 1 year thing or a 5 year thing.  I'm guessing people forget about their teams pretty quickly so worrying about age can be overrated even though it would be very important in an actual team building scenario.

With the next pick in the 2015 Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft, the Atlanta Attack selects......... Zach Randolph

635564278375880429-Zach-Randolph.jpg

Zach Randolph adds a needed toughness to our Attack Squad. He finished 10th in the NBA in double-doubles (38) and he also compiled averages of 16.1 ppg 10.5 rpg and 2.2 apg. He along with Brook Lopez will give our team one of the most lethal 1-2 punches in terms of post play in the entire Dynasty Draft. We are excited to have him on our squad as he is a perfect compliment to our entire starting lineup. Welcome to the Attack, Zach Randolph!

PF: Zach Randolph
C:  Brook Lopez

HEAD COACH:

@lethalweapon3 is on the clock!

Edited by ATLHawks3
  • Like 2

With the next pick in the 2015 Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft, the Atlanta Attack selects......... Zach Randolph

635564278375880429-Zach-Randolph.jpg

Zach Randolph adds a needed toughness to our Attack Squad. He finished 10th in the NBA in double-doubles (38) and he also compiled averages of 16.1 ppg 10.5 rpg and 2.2 apg. He along with Brook Lopez will give our team one of the most lethal 1-2 punches in terms of post play in the entire Dynasty Draft. We are excited to have him on our squad as he is a perfect compliment to our entire starting lineup. Welcome to the Attack, Zach Randolph!

PF: Zach Randolph

C:  Brook Lopez

HEAD COACH:

@lethalweapon3 is on the clock!

Good pick, I was torn between Zach Randolph and Tim Duncan. Was kinda shocked both were still around.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Is this a 1 year thing or a 5 year thing.  I'm guessing people forget about their teams pretty quickly so worrying about age can be overrated even though it would be very important in an actual team building scenario.

It is intended to be a "going forward forever" thing.  Duncan is surely getting closer to retirement but that has been an argument against him for at least 3 years and he was still the best player on the Spurs come playoff time last year.