• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kent Bazemore as Fulltime Stater. Thoughts?

Diesel

12 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

Bazemore is our starting SG, let Korver run wild on opposing teams second unit.

I've been hoping bud would do this! Nothing wrong with making korver a 6th man at this stage in his career 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jody23 said:

I still don't see him as a starter on an elite team, but he should be starting over Korver on this team.

Bazemore has shown me that besides Millsap, he's the only one trying to play on an elite level. We all see the game differently though. He's out of position at SF and I think he could shine at SG given the chance.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

Bazemore has shown me that besides Millsap, he's the only one trying to play on an elite level. We all see the game differently though. He's out of position at SF and I think he could shine at SG given the chance.

He's definitely playing out of position and it's because Bud is accomodating Korver.  I have no issue with him starting here because the Hawks aren't an elite team now.  I agree that he's playing hard.

43 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

He's definitely playing out of position and it's because Bud is accomodating Korver.  I have no issue with him starting here because the Hawks aren't an elite team now.  I agree that he's playing hard.

I don't agree with the special treatment of Kyle but Bud is stuck in his ways.  If Oladipo went to the bench for the good of the team I know Kyle can.  It seems like a no-brainer; he can get more clean shots off and not be as much of a defensive liability versus second units whereas Baze's athleticism alone should at least keep him afloat amongst starters.

Damn, after a quick look at their numbers you have to wonder what the hell Bud is thinking.  If Baze has a higher field goal, three point, AND FT percentage than Kyle, you might wanna ride with him.  Let alone he handles much more and still turns over less.  This sharp, overnight drop-off of Kyle is very troubling, I need help.

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

I don't agree with the special treatment of Kyle but Bud is stuck in his ways.  If Oladipo went to the bench for the good of the team I know Kyle can.  It seems like a no-brainer; he can get more clean shots off and not be as much of a defensive liability versus second units whereas Baze's athleticism alone should at least keep him afloat amongst starters.

Damn, after a quick look at their numbers you have to wonder what the hell Bud is thinking.  If Baze has a higher field goal, three point, AND FT percentage than Kyle, you might wanna ride with him.  Let alone he dribbles much more and still turns over less.  This sharp, overnight drop-off of Kyle is very troubling, I need help.

Baze and Thabo as our starters provides good energy on both ends.   Seems like a no brainer.  I know Bud likes the way teams have to work to shut Kyle down but it's time to try something different.   Also, Al is positioned at top of the key on every offensive play.   I'm not sure why this is considered a good idea.

• Like 3

I see Baze or Thabo having the same affect as starter (for different reasons) so for the sake of some consistency Bud just needs to stick with Baze.  I think we also need his offense with the first unit.   He's managed to keep us from being completely blown out early on in a few games because he has been the only one making buckets.

Thabo can still get plenty of minutes off the bench and make an impact.  This is under the assumption that Bud is not budging on Korver, which I agree that he should go to the bench as a 6th man.

• Moderators
59 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

Its not a matter of accommodating Korver.  The fact is we have one SF in Thabo and 5 SGs in Bazemore, Holiday, Patterson, THJr, and Korver.  So who is the best choice to play SF among our group of SGs?

1 hour ago, Jody23 said:

Korver played SF last night, He guarded Covington/Grant for most of the game.  I haven't checked other games to see who he's been  matched up against.

We have to keep in mind that funky physiological sports data the team is hell-bent on.  It seems to be a strong determining factor for the staff.  It's probably why Thabo is sat on back to backs, Kyle is being pushed for more minutes than he deserves right now, and Al is playing like a 3.  Probably monitoring some injury Bazemore had in college even though he's a 26 year old bike-riding health fanatic.

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Korver played SF last night, He guarded Covington/Grant for most of the game.  I haven't checked other games to see who he's been  matched up against.

He did.  I don't think he can do that against most SFs but, heck, somebody has to play out of position because we just don't have guys who are natural SFs.

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, AHF said:

Its not a matter of accommodating Korver.  The fact is we have one SF in Thabo and 5 SGs in Bazemore, Holiday, Patterson, THJr, and Korver.  So who is the best choice to play SF among our group of SGs?

I get that, but I still think Thabo and Baze should start with Kyle off the bench.  When Kyle comes in, he can either replace Bazemore or replace Thabo and allow Bazemore to then play the three.  But that's not going to happen.

I’ll keep saying it until it happens. With Korver struggling the way he is, it’s really exposing the fact the offensive scheme wasn’t adjusted just in case this happened. He needs to be removed from the starting lineup and they need to go back to some basic offensive formations, considering that from what I heard, a lot of the scheme is based around his movement.

A move needs to be made for a SF, but it doesn’t need to affect Bazemore, it needs to affect Korver. He needs to go from the starting lineup. People are seeing it well, someone called his defense in recent games just disgustingly bad and said that it’s clear his ankle is still bothering him.