• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

This⬇️

benhillboy

1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

Cant believe he went out of his way to praise Al, especially in the same breath with Sap. That's crazy talk.

Gotta grease the free agency (and trade) wheels a bit.  Can't have the typical divaness of a NBA player preempting all reasonable negotiation because the player felt some type of way for not being praised enough (Remember Josh and his "politics").  And maybe if you talk well enough about a guy publicly other GMs might convince themselves to up their ante some rather than say "look, you don't value the guy that much anyway".

• Like 2

3 hours ago, benhillboy said:

http://soaringdownsouth.com/2016/01/22/atlanta-hawks-main-weaknesses-and-top-trade-fodder-for-deadline/

Am I late just now seeing this site?  Anyway, I agree verbatim besides the Mack tidbit.

Be careful, someone might accuse you of just trying to plug your site......KIDDING

But in all seriousness, moving Al is the only way I think that this team is able to improve the roster overall.

Someone mentioned a Korver/Kanter deal above and I just don't think the Thunder would even sniff that with how valuable he is to their team.  I think we'd be better of going after Adams if we wanted to work out a deal with the Thunder.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, HawkItus said:

Its funny how the national media like Horford more than the "fans" do lol.    He is almost a lock on most All-star rosters.  I think the move has and continues to be for penetrating guard that can finish at the rim.  If that takes Teague or Dennis or Kyle, just make it happen.  

The national  media doesn't even watch the Hawks games. If they did he wouldn't be a lock on anyone's team.  There's  4 or 5 front court players on winning teams , that are having better seasons than him.

1 hour ago, hylndr11 said:

fan blog fluff piece - who is it hes saying we trade for??, ohhhhh cant go that far into it that would mean actually writing something we could realistically talk about.  These sites just push content - really the BR and PH have upped there game to levels where the content is not just conjecture - and thats why you dont see them make posts like this nearly as much as they used to.  Im just peeved the team is all of a sudden playing like this like everyone else, I think the best hope we have is Dennis gets things under control and THjr displaces Korver in the starting lineup by playoffs time.  

If you look on the site, this is a piece that is a precursor to trade pieces that they are doing.  I posted the Dwight Howard piece on here the other day.  This piece isn't meant to suggest trades, only to show trade value.

And if you want to give PH credit then go right ahead as they are a good source of info, but B/R basically takes things from other sites and puts them into a piece.  There is ZERO to that involving any sort of writing or journalism.  But PH posts these same types of fluff pieces in the form of videos and podcasts that really go over these same things.  All sites do it because of what we are doing here.  Talking about it.

• Premium Member
51 minutes ago, gopack10 said:

Be careful, someone might accuse you of just trying to plug your site......KIDDING

But in all seriousness, moving Al is the only way I think that this team is able to improve the roster overall.

Someone mentioned a Korver/Kanter deal above and I just don't think the Thunder would even sniff that with how valuable he is to their team.  I think we'd be better of going after Adams if we wanted to work out a deal with the Thunder.

I agree here about Al.  I just don't see how you get better if Al and Paul are your highest paid players.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaceCase said:

Gotta grease the free agency (and trade) wheels a bit.  Can't have the typical divaness of a NBA player preempting all reasonable negotiation because the player felt some type of way for not being praised enough (Remember Josh and his "politics").  And maybe if you talk well enough about a guy publicly other GMs might convince themselves to up their ante some rather than say "look, you don't value the guy that much anyway".

And there you go.  Always thinking logically and sh@t.

I'd actually prefer Adams to Kanter.  He's twice as tough as Al, Kanter, and Splitter combined after sharing a bottle of Vodka.

39 minutes ago, HawkItus said:

Its funny how the national media like Horford more than the "fans" do lol.    He is almost a lock on most All-star rosters.  I think the move has and continues to be for penetrating guard that can finish at the rim.  If that takes Teague or Dennis or Kyle, just make it happen.  

The national  media doesn't even watch the Hawks games. If they did he wouldn't be a lock on anyone's team.  There's  4 or 5 front court players on winning teams , that are having better seasons than him.

But yet they breakdown his game and have poignant points about what he is doing for the team. But, yeah only Hawks fans no hoops. [emoji106]

Sent from my SGH-T399N using Tapatalk

59 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

I agree here about Al.  I just don't see how you get better if Al and Paul are your highest paid players.

Honestly, you don't get better and that's why moving him is a necessity at this point.  He'll provide cap space for some team heading into this summer, with the potential for him to fit their system and then be signed long term.  Millsap has lived up to his contract as he's our most important player at this point.

Teague is another player we could move, but I'd move him second.

Draft picks will likely have to be involved in any deal, but it isn't like we are in desperate need of a mid to late 20's pick anyway.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pimp said:

No disrespect to Al, because he was part of the core that turned this franchise around, but I agree with both of these posts.  The media love him and so do a lot of talking heads.  I just don't see why they love him as much as they do.  He's a good player, no doubt about that, but he's never been a perennial All-Star and the Hawks have never won much with him manning the 5 spot.  They criticize the Hawks for never putting a center around him and sliding him to the four, but then act like he's one of the best centers in the game.

The trade decision hinging on this 4 game west coast trip may not be so far fetched.  Most of the trades go down around the all-star break, so if the FO wants to do something this season, they need to have things sorted out soon.

I don't think anyone would give us much for Korver at this point.  The more Teague gets benched, the more difficult it is to move him IMHO.

Probably our best shot is to try to trade Horford, but I doubt we would get too much back for him. 

In the immortal words of Linus, "We're doomed!"

4 hours ago, HawkItus said:

I think the move has and continues to be for penetrating guard that can finish at the rim.  If that takes Teague or Dennis or Kyle, just make it happen.  

Then the trade just needs to be Korver to the bench for THJr. Then offer up Kyle as a 6th man/co-coach to a team that has a valuable piece  we need (rebounder!). I'm not against trading Bawse and/or Ice Teague, but I have a feeling we'll see Kyle dangled.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
On 1/22/2016 at 2:20 PM, hazer said:

Then the trade just needs to be Korver to the bench for THJr. Then offer up Kyle as a 6th man/co-coach to a team that has a valuable piece  we need (rebounder!). I'm not against trading Bawse and/or Ice Teague, but I have a feeling we'll see Kyle dangled.

How is a 39% shooting guard going to be the big move?

33 minutes ago, AHF said:

Who said it's a big move? In fact I used the wording "then" and "just" to deflate it's bigness. BTW, shooting 53% in February, trending up! :aikido:

Which I fully expect to continue with increased minutes and confidence...

On 1/22/2016 at 2:20 PM, hazer said:

What's the other 61%, SF?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators
On 2/5/2016 at 11:33 AM, hazer said:

Who said it's a big move? In fact I used the wording "then" and "just" to deflate it's bigness. BTW, shooting 53% in February, trending up! :aikido:

Which I fully expect to continue with increased minutes and confidence...

February 

THJr

36.4% FG%

18.8% 3pt% 

#TrendingUp!  :approved:

36 minutes ago, AHF said:

February 

THJr

36.4% FG%

18.8% 3pt% 

#TrendingUp!  :approved:

2 1/2 weeks ago, when I made that post, he was. Nice try ;)

• Moderators
3 hours ago, hazer said:

2 1/2 weeks ago, when I made that post, he was. Nice try ;)

When you use like 2 games worth of play to try to establish a trend (which was about the case if you are looking at February stats only 2 1/2 weeks before 2/22), you aren't gonna have a good time.

My point wasn't to try to portray your post as some recent mistake.  Your number was totally accurate given the limited picture in which it was framed.  I was saying that the actual trend has emerged now that 2 1/2 weeks have gone by:

November .231% FG%, .250% 3pt%

No December

January .386% FG%, .241% 3pt%

February .364% FG%, .188% 3pt%

The only trend here is increasingly widespread disillusionment and disappointment.  

25 minutes ago, AHF said:

When you use like 2 games worth of play to try to establish a trend (which was about the case if you are looking at February stats only 2 1/2 weeks before 2/22), you aren't gonna have a good time.

My point wasn't to try to portray your post as some recent mistake.  Your number was totally accurate given the limited picture in which it was framed.  I was saying that the actual trend has emerged now that 2 1/2 weeks have gone by:

November .231% FG%, .250% 3pt%

No December

January .386% FG%, .241% 3pt%

February .364% FG%, .188% 3pt%

The only trend here is increasingly widespread disillusionment and disappointment.  

Yes, trending down quite a bit since :barf: