• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Millsap vs. Love.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Who is the better PF?

Now that the King has gotten rid of Blatt, I wouldn't be surprised if Love is next.  However, for this conversation, I feel that this is an ALLSTAR Question.

If you were  a coach voting on your allstar selection and it came down to Love vs. Millsap, who are you choosing?  Why?

5 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Who is the better PF?

Now that the King has gotten rid of Blatt, I wouldn't be surprised if Love is next.  However, for this conversation, I feel that this is an ALLSTAR Question.

If you were  a coach voting on your allstar selection and it came down to Love vs. Millsap, who are you choosing?  Why?

Millsap > Love. He is better on defense and he can do everything Love can do on offense and he can even guard some SFs.

On 1/22/2016 at 5:59 PM, Diesel said:

Who is the better PF?

I think Love is ultra soft now. Don't want him.

Gimme Sap, but Love is a little underrated these days. He's tough to build around but so was/is Dirk. He's not as prodigious offensively as Dirk of course but give him a PnR guard and a garbage man + make him the #1 or 2 option and he's still solid.

• Moderators

I agree that Love is underrated and misused in Cleveland.  The comments about Sap being the better defender are spot on so I am saying "no" given the injuries and defense from Love, but he could do a lot more scoring and rebounding if he was featured more instead of being asked to be a third wheel who rarely gets the ball in his preferred areas to score.  I was pretty sure he was going to leave Cleveland for that reason.  Surprised he came back to be stuck in a position to fail yet again this year.

7 minutes ago, AHF said:

I agree that Love is underrated and misused in Cleveland.  The comments about Sap being the better defender are spot on so I am saying "no" given the injuries and defense from Love, but he could do a lot more scoring and rebounding if he was featured more instead of being asked to be a third wheel who rarely gets the ball in his preferred areas to score.  I was pretty sure he was going to leave Cleveland for that reason.  Surprised he came back to be stuck in a position to fail yet again this year.

Hmmm, one of those rare instances where AHF gets one right.  Love is being criminally misused by the CLEebrons.  His game has flaws but he's not the middling guy he appear to be for them.

I think he re-signed there just to get his max dollars.  He's gotta be expecting to be traded the same as Blatt was probably expecting to be fired.

1 hour ago, AHF said:

I think Love was just stuck in that position where the biggest criticism of him in Minnesota was "yea the stats are nice, but he's not a winner so they are empty".  So here he comes to Cleveland and immediately he's on a team in the Finals despite his contributions being diminished.  Had he walked away he essentially would have affirmed the "see, he's not a winner" label that critics placed on him especially if he went off to join his preferred choice of the Lakers.  Wouldn't be the first time an athlete was felled by fear of their public perception.