(Consolidated Teag/Den Rumors) Hawks Asking For Trade Offers For Either Jeff Teague, Dennis Schröder

Wurider05

28 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

If Teague was playing lights out we would be challenging the Cavs in the standings... sooo nope.

Well then we can't complain about trading Teague while his value is lowest. Ideally u want to trade players at their peak to net the biggest package

Ayo @NBASupes, latest Realgm Teague-trade gem:

Calderon, Galloway, Derrick Williams for Teague and Scott

Nix fans trade proposals ...

Track and Fail

ETA: I don't like how the organization is handling these rumors.  Stating STTE: "preliminary talks are underway" and "no deal is imminent" and "undecided whether to trade or not" is unnecessary and leaves a cloud over the team.  Just say "teams offer/explore deals all the time, it's not unusual, no one's been traded" and leave it at that.

22 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Ayo @NBASupes, latest Realgm Teague-trade gem:

Calderon, Galloway, Derrick Williams for Teague and Scott

Nix fans trade proposals ...

Track and Fail

ETA: I don't like how the organization is handling these rumors.  Stating STTE: "preliminary talks are underway" and "no deal is imminent" and "undecided whether to trade or not" is unnecessary and leaves a cloud over the team.  Just say "teams offer/explore deals all the time, it's not unusual, no one's been traded" and leave it at that.

Don't pay any mind to any Knicks fans. They are awful man. All of them. I wrote a list of what we need and our roster. They just skip over it and post some awful deal. 

Teague Needs:

1. A legit starting SF. Meaning they have put in work and in Free agency, they can command at LEAST 10 million per a season. None of these numbers guys on 9 win teams. They can't be badly overpaid... i.e. Harris 

2. A SF with very good potential in OUR system. If you need help, their assets. When mentioned, you're hesitant. If you don't, it's likely not an asset and we don't want it either for our very talented PG. 

3. A knockout deal. Let's say Hinkle wants him so bad he trades his 1st. Hypothetically speaking. Boston offers BRK 1st. LAL offers their 1st. Not saying this will happen AT all, I am just saying, a knockout no brainer deal would intrigue us even if the pieces aren't of the best fit. 

Otherwise, it's not really that interesting. For example, if Atlanta is resigning Bazemore who's a SG, it makes no sense for us to trade for one when we have like 4 of them we like. We have Mike Scott and Millsap so the interest is low for PF. We have Horford who we want to resign and Splitter as well as a big with potential in Edy Tavares so our interest in C is low. If you look at SF, we do not have one this roster. Not even a bad one, we simply have none. So that's an interest for us and for Teague, that means we want quality value. 

I said this earlier but it seems like others didn't understand or were new and just didn't bother to read. 

I seen one offer with potential in this thread from a MIL fan but it would get rejected by the 3rd team. So if you can give us what we need, don't add a 3rd team who will easily turn down your deal to satisfy us when all teams want to be satisfied. 

We are NOT rebuilding. We are not in a rush to get rid of him. Him and Dennis give us 48 minutes of great production from the PG position and they are a strength for our team. Do I have faith in Dennis starting? To a degree. For a team like Orlando or Milwaukee, yes but for a really good team trying to be contenders again, not really. He's still doesn't really know how to run the offense while Jeff is really good at running the offense. That's not going to show up on the stat sheet but it matters and our starting unit is flawed, I expect to see a drop in his percentages when he starts but at the end of the day, Dennis is our most talented member of our roster. So it is what it is.

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

I don't know, but there's a coupla Teague/Hawk-related threads that are woefully in need of some actual Hawk-fan insight.

I saw a freakin' UT trade of Booker/picks-for-Teague.  Geez that's bad.  Another had us trading Teague/Thabo and getting back MCW, Otto Porter and OJ Mayo.

Oh and of course, the Knicks fans are out in full force.  How 'bout Teague/Horford for Afflalo and Lopez?  Yeah, yeah, that's worx.

I eventually poked my eyes out.  Not sure how I typed this.

@kg01  @NBASupes  RealGM makes my eyes bleed.  I can't get involved in that nonsense.  

There position is yeah...but every other player in the league is better than every Hawks players and wanna give us trash...PASS!

45 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Been saying since I saw Dennis in the SL his rookie year that he had the "It" factor Teague never had. More than happy to trade Teague to let Dennis start.

I disagree slightly. Dennis has always had a bit more moxie, enthusiasm, and energy for sure. But Teague in his rookie SL/Preseason was an attacking animal. He clearly was a score first guard, too small to play SG and not as natural of a pick and roll player at the point. It wasn't until after he was put in to Woodys dog house that his attack mentality became inconsistent.  He also was forced to learn the PG position which slowed him down tremendously. I still believe if Teague was given the freedom and confidence to play through his mistakes as a rookie career trajectory would have arced much higher he would be one of the best scoring PGs in the NBA today. Give Jeff and Al coach Bud instead of Woody and Drew and you would have a Lillard/Aldridge type combination in my honest opinion. Statistically more productive albeit true impact hovering around the same. Jeff should be a 20 ppg scorer and Al should be a 20 and 10 big man.

Truth is he still has that potential. its all mental at this point.

Also does any body find it suspicious that Jeff received so much coverage tonight on the pre game show? Almost as if they know something we don't and were told to focus on him either as a smoke screen to the trade rumors or as a chance to hype him and add to his value. Either way Ive never seen a guy get so much praise for a 14 point game where he was the teams 3rd leading scorer.

Edited by RedDawg#8

3 hours ago, TheFuzz said:

Some craziness in here. Deal Teague AND Horford for a raw C, 3 + D dude, and a pick that will end up around 7 or so after we hand them all that talent? Yea, no.

Al is in his walk year and chances are he's gonna command more than the Hawks are willing pay.  The Hawks aren't winning anything this season.  It makes sense to trade him and get something in return.  

4 hours ago, kg01 said:

You're totally right except for the fact that Noel is decidedly not a post presence and Covington is anything but a defender and that pick would likely have lotto protections.  Other than that ....

True. But by post presence I meant defensively. Sure we have Edy but Noel may have more potential overall.  I've never actually seen Covington play so I was going off of the statement of calling him a "3/D" player. Lol

4 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Teague's condo on sale reportedly, per Mike Conti.

It's been for sale since November FWIW, so I'm not sure if I would read too much into it. (There was an article from the AJC in the Twitter feed I clicked on but can't find it ATM since it was so far back.) Unless of course he was told something that long ago, which I doubt.

It would suck to see Teague go, but the timing may be right. Truthfully, the Hawks are kind of in a tough spot. The biggest need is definitely rebounding. We just aren't efficient as we used to be and can't get away with the poor rebounding. The issue is that there are so few guys we can realistically trade for that will get enough minutes to really improve our rebounding. In addition to that, it's hard to confidently build with 2 key cogs (Horford & Bazemore) possibly gone after this year and another who was abducted and may not be returned (Korver). We may not be rebuilding now, but we could easily be rebuilding this summer.

All that being said, assuming we hold onto Horford and Baze, I say we ideally  get a SF who can start and make Korver a 6th man. I think we can get away with an average or below average scorer, buy they have to be able to defend well, hit open shots and do it CONSISTENTLY. I'd be excited to see what Schröder could do with the full time starting job.

vor einer Stunde, Wurider05 sagte:

Per AJC :

Hawks' Jeff Teague selling posh Buckhead condo

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/basketball/hawks-jeff-teague-selling-posh-midtown-condo/nqDZQ/

Zitat

The stylish 4,000-square foot refurbished penthouse has been on sale since November for $2.18 million.

• Like 2