• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kris Humphries has committed to sign with the Hawks

GameTime

Just now, Alex said:

Pardon my ignorance, but how can the Hawks afford him?  I know the Suns waived him, but what money do the Hawks have?

Hawks are likely signing him with the minimum player exception. You don't need cap space for that.

They do have the Room MLE still but I don't think that will be necessary. That would have been around $2m.

40 minutes ago, bumpyphish1 said:

Very important question I have for the board:

This signing would likely just have us committed to him through the end of the season, correct?

Correct.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

He's a dud for the most part. With that said,  he is much better than what we get from guys like Scott and Muscala. Especially Moose

Sorry I'm just a little older lol.   I don't think he's really a dud, he's better the Varejo.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

Sorry I'm just a little older lol.   I don't think he's really a dud, he's better the Varejo.  

Hmmmm...it's close imo...I'm just glad we got one big guy that can bang

46 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Hmmmm...it's close imo...I'm just glad we got one big guy that can bang

20 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Just glad we have rebounder on the bench ... A big need answered

Yup this to me was an excellent pickup. I don't think he's a bum, I just think he's definitely a bench player. What he's good at is being tough/physical in the paint and rebounding the ball. If he can get the 3 ball rolling thats just an extra bonus and huge extra bonus bud will love. Defensively he's not a rim protector imo but again his physicality will be easy to point out once the ball is up for grabs on rebounds. If he finishes this year out strong I would love to see him back, he's a Blue collar Big man off bench player and thats just what we have needed.

Its too bad splitter got hurt. I think if splitter was playing or was yet another option I think this move would be a pretty huge move for the playoffs.

Edited by JTB
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, bumpyphish1 said:

Very important question I have for the board:

This signing would likely just have us committed to him through the end of the season, correct?

and all through the playoffs...yes....unless bud is trying to sign him for more than just the rest of this year which I'm sure he's not but its possible i believe.

• Premium Member

I'm not upset with this signing.   I think he adds a little inside toughness for us.  He's the guy that will get under people's skin because he's always around the ball.  Moreover, he does have some offense skills.   He's got basketball smarts with limited physique.  He will be a coach one day so this was a smart pickup. If he's taking minutes from Moose.. not bad.  I think he helps us in the playoffs.  Maybe we can even see some mentoring to Scott and Moose.

• Like 2