• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kris the new enforcer

Dexmethylphenidate

• Moderators

He better be part of the rotation.   They made such a big deal about how effective we were with Splitter but we never replaced his minutes with anyone.   We just went small ball or played Horford more.    I expect him to get the minutes Splitter was getting.   I also expect he'll be better.

18 minutes ago, sturt said:

Easy to imagine that, with Scott's off-court legal problems being what they are, Hump already is penciled-in for 2016-17, wouldn't  you think?

Please, elaborate on this new information of what the off-court legal problem is. I'm dying to know what you found out.

1 hour ago, sturt said:

Easy to imagine that, with Scott's off-court legal problems being what they are, Hump already is penciled-in for 2016-17, wouldn't  you think?

I'm hoping that the Hawks buy out Splinter, I mean Splitter anyway, and replace him with Humphries.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Dexmethylphenidate said:

Hawks glaring weakness is rebounding from the front court + small forwards. Will Kris be the new rebounding enforcer that the Hawks need at the moment? I believe he can from what I read, but will he be part of the regular rotation? 

I doubt it. Hawks are coached not to go for offensive rebounds so I don't expect a major difference than what Scott/Muscula delivers on a good night.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, BigDog90 said:

I doubt it. Hawks are coached not to go for offensive rebounds so I don't expect a major difference than what Scott/Muscula delivers on a good night.

Defensive rebounding is where we need to improve the most.

5 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Great first start for the new addition. I was very impressed with his play. I didn't expect him to be that active and I don't expect him to do what he did tonight every game but I like that he displayed the full arsenal of his skills, provided a ton of energy and impacted the game on both ends when he was on the court.

Tonight we saw a guy who was not fully comfortable with our offense yet, this could have had two effects, he could have been passive and deferred to the other guys not wanting to step on any toes, or he could have done what he did which was be aggressive, play HIS game, take open shots, attack the rim when necessary, attack the glass on both ends etc.

My concern is that once Bud and co. get their hands on him and try to work him into the intricacies of the system we wont see this same player anymore. I'm afraid we will see him become less decisive with the ball as he has to think more, less active on the offensive glass as they coach that out of him, and less aggressive attacking the rim as they will encourage him to take the open jumper more so than getting in to the lane.  I fear he will take more threes and hover around the 3 point line by coaches design and spend less and less time being active down low like he was for us tonight.

Hopefully I'm just being paranoid, I would love to see Humph play EXACTLY the way he did today for the rest of the season, we just have a track record of turning bangers in to finesse guys.

But if we can get this kind of effort from him, we are going to have one heck of a front court rotation to go along with a great PG duo. Tonight our wings played great overall as well, they are going to be THE  difference for us going down the stretch. Will any of them make their 3's, will Kyle and Baze not turn the ball over, etc...

Damn I never even imagined Bud would try to change him but you're totally right.  If he's still with us next season and his rebounding and foul drawn numbers take a dive from his career peaks I'm gonna be ultra pissed.  

This is gonna be the best team he's played on in his career by far, we only need him to be himself.  Sap's transformation was necessary with Al at the 5 and he still has maintained his rebounding prowess for the most part.  We don't need to try that project with Hump, as tempted as the staff may be.  

Atkinson leaving may curtail their desire to try to change him too much.  I want his main focus to simply be our muscle, not trying to turn into f$&kin Steph Curry.  Keep the developing chops focused on the kids Dennis, Tim, Lamar, Moose, and Edy.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Damn I never even imagined Bud would try to change him but you're totally right.  If he's still with us next season and his rebounding and foul drawn numbers take a dive from his career peaks I'm gonna be ultra pissed.  

This is gonna be the best team he's played on in his career by far, we only need him to be himself.  Sap's transformation was necessary with Al at the 5 and he still has maintained his rebounding prowess for the most part.  We don't need to try that project with Hump, as tempted as the staff may be.  

Atkinson leaving may curtail their desire to try to change him too much.  I want his main focus to simply be our muscle, not trying to turn into f$&kin Steph Curry.  Keep the developing chops focused on the kids Dennis, Tim, Lamar, Moose, and Edy.  

We develop everyone 

MAN he's good at getting under the opposition's skin and being cool/calm/collected about it. That's how it's done, son. If you want to get the calls and refs on your side, that is. I realize this was the L.A. Lackers last night, but looking like this signing will pay bigger dividends than I expected...

• Like 3

Off topic:

1) Why is there always like 1 person in the chatroom at 12:07 PM?

2) These Saturday Night games have been intriguing/ good up until today.  Rockets vs Bulls.  Yuck. 

3) Just listening to Steven A's weekly State of The Abominable Knicks Address.  They don't have a 1st Round Pick this summer?!?!  :biggrin:, then :ahf:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Off topic:

1) Why is there always like 1 person in the chatroom at 12:07 PM?

2) Just listening to Steven A's weekly State of The Abominable Knicks Address.  They don't have a 1st Round Pick this summer?!?!  :biggrin:, then :ahf:

I'[ve always wondered about that "Lone Chatter" myself. Are they in there, lonely, wandering around, just hoping someone will show up?