• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Stevens: Bradley return "Very Unlikely"

benhillboy

The media will have a crutch to downplay a Hawks advance.  And I give two relations.

He shoots good percentages but I didn't know he led them in minutes.  His advanced numbers show he's overrated defensively: some call him their best perimeter defender when by most measures it's Crowder.  His loss would hurt much more.

Hopefully Kyle can get some damn shots off now and you know, hit some.  I'm pretty sure Stevens will go bigger in lieu of playing 3 Celtic Green guards (corny but I had to) in Rozier, Hunter, and Young.  We take care of business Tuesday and Paul George strikes again, I can't be mad at our fortune at all.

• Like 1

I suspect their lineup will be either Thomas/Smart/Crowder/Johnson/Sullinger or Thomas/Turner/Crowder/Johnson/Sullinger then on Tuesday. Actually wouldn't be surprised if a change is made and Stevens takes out one of the big men as well too though or Johnson/Sullinger play together even less than they did yesterday. Most of their lineups will be 3 guards+Crowder/4 guards+Amir/or maybe even Crowder at C some.

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

I suspect their lineup will be either Thomas/Smart/Crowder/Johnson/Sullinger or Thomas/Turner/Crowder/Johnson/Sullinger then on Tuesday. Actually wouldn't be surprised if a change is made and Stevens takes out one of the big men as well too though or Johnson/Sullinger play together even less than they did yesterday. Most of their lineups will be 3 guards+Crowder/4 guards+Amir/or maybe even Crowder at C some.

Any minutes for Crowder at 5 and Al better drop 30.

• Like 1

I'm back from the future and i bring you thread titles from next week's SellticSquawk ...

"If Bradley Hadn't got hurt we wouldn't ve got Swept"

"Selltics a DLeague team w/o Bradley"

"Thomas Worst All-star Ever"

2 hours ago, capstone21 said:

Smart will get his minutes and he is a good defender too ... They are pretty deep and I don't think losing Bradley hurts them that much.

He's becoming one of the better two way players in the league at his position.  He's a pretty big loss no matter how you try and slice it.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, capstone21 said:

They are pretty deep and I don't think losing Bradley hurts them that much.

It does hurt them but does so offensively more than defensively. Now in the starting lineup there's only one three point shooter I'd really be afraid of and it's Isaiah Thomas.

Edited by Lurker

• Premium Member

The only thing I know is that when Bradley was matched up with Teague, he did slow him down better than Thomas. So yeah, the Bradley injury is big.

11 hours ago, Trout7 said:

This is bad news for the Hawks. Everyone knows how the Hawks play when a team is missing players. Could cost us the series.

You're not kidding. If this were the Spurs or Golden State, I'd already be calling StubHub demanding a refund for Game 2. But in our case, well, they should've kept this to themselves and not let the Hawk players find out. They seem to always lay a stink bomb whenever a key member of the opposition can't play or no-shows. If the Celts gets up in this series, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Bradley magically appear on the court like Willis Reed in order to try to close things out...

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Dejay said:

You're not kidding. If this were the Spurs or Golden State, I'd already be calling StubHub demanding a refund for Game 2. But in our case, well, they should've kept this to themselves and not let the Hawk players find out. They seem to always lay a stink bomb whenever a key member of the opposition can't play or no-shows. If the Celts gets up in this series, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Bradley magically appear on the court like Willis Reed in order to try to close things out...

That's probably the reason Stevens released the injury info (which was actually pretty unusual).  He knows the Hawks have a tendency to mentally relax when they see they should have a clear advantage.

As a side note, on the radio, Chris Mannix (aka Selltics mouthpiece) was talking about how teams don't release injury info in the playoffs.  Said, in passing, that they (Sellts) know Bradley's not coming back but the "very unlikely" notation was meant to put a seed of doubt in the Hawks.  Like, maybe they should still prep in case he plays or w/e.

• Premium Member
19 hours ago, capstone21 said:

Smart will get his minutes and he is a good defender too ... They are pretty deep and I don't think losing Bradley hurts them that much.

Smart is also a dirty player.