• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Best Strategy for Draft night?

Diesel

7 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

We will see starting tomorrow. Remember, we, i mean, :laugh: the Celtics got THREE first round picks. There is no way the Celtics gonna mess that up. I wouldnt be surprised if they offered two of them for Butler or Middleton before this is all over with.  Ainge did something right to wind up with THREE firsts in this draft.

Gramps aka @Sothron summed it up nicely.  They could offer all 3 for Middleton or Butler and will get turned down.  A top 3 pick in this draft probably couldn't even get them Millsap.  This draft is very weak so having 3 1sts means nothing.

And if "doing something right" means taking advantage of a GM who was forced by his owner to trade all his assets for aging stars, then I guess he did do something right.  Think he can duplicate that?  Nah, me neither.

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Gramps aka @Sothron summed it up nicely.  They could offer all 3 for Middleton or Butler and will get turned down.  A top 3 pick in this draft probably couldn't even get them Millsap.  This draft is very weak so having 3 1sts means nothing.

And if "doing something right" means taking advantage of a GM who was forced by his owner to trade all his assets for aging stars, then I guess he did do something right.  Think he can duplicate that?  Nah, me neither.

Purely bluff.  Let Boston offer all 3 and Chicago or Milwaukee would jump in a minute. Its all show at this point.  When that draft kicks off tomorrow, watch what happens.  The only team i can think of that don't value first round picks...is the Hawks.  Thats got to change.

As far as Boston goes, the only person thats gonna be upset in that camp tomorrow is Marcus Smart.  They trying their best to replace him........:laugh:

Edited by Hawkmoor

• Moderators
21 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

Purely bluff.  Let Boston offer all 3 and Chicago or Milwaukee would jump in a minute. Its all show at this point.  When that draft kicks off tomorrow, watch what happens.  The only team i can think of that don't value first round picks...is the Hawks.  Thats got to change.

As far as Boston goes, the only person thats gonna be upset in that camp tomorrow is Marcus Smart.  They trying their best to replace him........:laugh:

Not going to happen.  I'll give you props when they pull off that deal with the Bulls or Bucks but until then you are coming off like all the other entitled Boston fans who think other teams will bend over just because Boston wants them to.  

"Oooh, please give me your bench players for my All-Stars....pleaaaaase!!"  ~Boston fans' view of what other teams' GMs are saying

23 hours ago, kg01 said:

I still think it's cute how the "we" and "they" changed for you in a matter of hours after "decades" of fanhood(sic).  If the Selts pick Hield/Brown they're still not a better team than Atlanta so why would Al take less to go there?  They're arguably not a better team even if they do "steal" Horford.

Cute?  Try:

louis-tomlinson-sick.jpg

Rebuild, retool, or whatever, constantly throwing draft picks away is a good way to kill your franchise.

Even if they can't move up, they need to select the BPA at #12/21, maybe have one of them be a guy you can stash overseas for a year (like maybe an Euro shooting guard).

I wouldn't mind walking away from the draft with Sabonis and Prince or Beasley (may have to make a small trade to move up to 17/18 for him) in the first round and then gambling on Kay Felder with the last 2nd round pick.

Trade the pick and if it's not a package deal to move up, and I'm going to be calling for the front office to be fired unless its a VERY good move...

• Like 2

I'd rather package Millsap with the #12 to move up than to get rid of 2 first round picks, just to keep the same team, minus Teague.

Millsap, Horford, Korver. All of these guys are 30 or older. We have to re-sign them to larger contracts soon, and they can't even beat Lebron 1 time in the playoffs.

Why do we continue to get rid of any future for this core is beyond me.

Trade Millsap and the #12 to the Celtics for #3 instead of trading both picks for Mr. Cash Considerations.

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

Rebuild, retool, or whatever, constantly throwing draft picks away is a good way to kill your franchise.

Even if they can't move up, they need to select the BPA at #12/21, maybe have one of them be a guy you can stash overseas for a year (like maybe an Euro shooting guard).

I wouldn't mind walking away from the draft with Sabonis and Prince or Beasley (may have to make a small trade to move up to 17/18 for him) in the first round and then gambling on Kay Felder with the last 2nd round pick.

Trade the pick and if it's not a package deal to move up, and I'm going to be calling for the front office to be fired unless its a VERY good move...

This

Either trade up or stay put and draft two players with upside. The young talent on this team leaves a lot to be desired. Anything else would be irritating.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I would be fine with Sabonis and Beasley (who is pretty risky but with great upside). The problem with this is that our team composition would be somewhat weird with two first round picks coming in with an aging Millsap and Al Horford. On top of that, we could potentially have another two first round picks next draft.

@kg01 Danny Ainge showing how to get it done.  You dont want to play ball with the Celtics? Ok,   He knows a point guard is premium right now with Teague gone.  Philly and several other teams need a point guard.  Suddenly , Ainge puts out that he wants to draft Dunn... NOW everybody calling the Celtics and wanna trade with them :laugh:

My man Danny. Showem how its done...

danny%20ainge%20garden%20282-6956.jpg

Edited by Hawkmoor

5 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

@kg01 Danny Ainge showing how to get it done.  You dont want to play ball with the Celtics? Ok,   He knows a point guard is premium right now with Teague gone.  Philly and several other teams need a point guard.  Suddenly , Ainge puts out that he wants to draft Dunn... NOW everybody calling the Celtics and wanna trade with them :laugh:

Meanwhile................

The Philadelphia 76ers have been doing "due diligence" on Ricky Rubio for months.

The Minnesota Timberwolves could consider moving Rubio this offseason.

Philadelphia has been looking to part with either Jahlil Okafor or Nerlens Noel to balance out their roster.

Rubio signed a four-year, $54 million extension with the Wolves in 2014.

Go ahead Danny, draft another point guard you don't need.

On 6/21/2016 at 5:48 PM, Thomas said:

Not positive what is being disagreed on here but Sap is on the floor unless a lung has been ripped out of him (whether clutch bunnies are missed or not) and Gallo doesn't even give you that option much less do a good job of pretending to play defense Where is the improvement now (believe it or not this is our current window). The next one could be a decade or more from now. History states never forget the past and this team is as close as we have ever been in Atlanta. I believe our glass is half full yet not overflowing. 

The missed clutch bunnies are the problem.  How can he miss so many layups?

18 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Meanwhile................

The Philadelphia 76ers have been doing "due diligence" on Ricky Rubio for months.

The Minnesota Timberwolves could consider moving Rubio this offseason.

Philadelphia has been looking to part with either Jahlil Okafor or Nerlens Noel to balance out their roster.

Rubio signed a four-year, $54 million extension with the Wolves in 2014.

Go ahead Danny, draft another point guard you don't need.

Okafer is as good as in Boston and Dunn going to Philly.  Philly dont want Rubio.

• Moderators
54 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Okafer is as good as in Boston and Dunn going to Philly.  Philly dont want Rubio.

So another non-rebounding, non-defending big?  Sounds like that #3 pick just hit jackpot baby!

55 minutes ago, AHF said:

So another non-rebounding, non-defending big?  Sounds like that #3 pick just hit jackpot baby!

But Okafer outscored and outrebounded Horford during the 2015-106 season. :laugh:  Albeit, he played fewer games, but theres a reason Boston hasnt bothered Bud or Horford about coming up to the Garden...

Edited by Hawkmoor

2 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

Danny's ears are waiting for that stiff breeze to carry him to NBA Oz. You know, stealing another team blind.