Deandre bembry

gsuteke

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Thomas said:

But I think only three are full time SFs. Thabo, Prince and Bembry. Of course Thabo has defend three different positions when needed before. Now we need to address backup PG.

At least it doesn't appear as though the Hawks are planning on resigning Bazemore

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

At least it doesn't appear as though the Hawks are planning on resigning Bazemore

Wow. Starting at about seven tonight I believe I forgot all about Baze. Could be they figured out he really is a SG just like the rest of the league already knew. 

Man what are y'all complaining about now? Dude has skills, nice player. Doesn't have the body or athleticism but has a similar skill set of igoudala. If he can develop a shot he'll be pretty damn good. Doubt most of y'all actually watch ball, you just look at mocks and then complain when we don't pick who you wanted like you actually know what you talking bout.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Marvin24Williams said:

he has a good skill set and great athleticism. He's going to be a stud, book it.

His skill set is driving the lane against inferior players.  That won't work in the NBA.

Just now, Marvin24Williams said:

oh please. that was the same thing that was said for dennis. look at him now, the dude is still blowing past players at will

Dennis is one of the fastest players in the league.  Bembry has zero basketball skill and relies on athleticism to get by.

Been watching clips of Bembry and he gets to the rim from anywhere on the floor. He looks bigger than 6'6" and has a motor. His passing seems alright. Coaches will have a full time job with his perimeter game.

8 minutes ago, Alex said:

Dennis is one of the fastest players in the league.  Bembry has zero basketball skill and relies on athleticism to get by.

zero basketball skill? he has good handles for a 2 guard, can play make at times, and is a good rebounder for his position. His jumpshot is a concern but it's definitely fixable. I'm not saying he'll be a star or anything but he has the potential to be a solid starter for years to come.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jy23 said:

Man what are y'all complaining about now? Dude has skills, nice player. Doesn't have the body or athleticism but has a similar skill set of igoudala. If he can develop a shot he'll be pretty damn good. Doubt most of y'all actually watch ball, you just look at mocks and then complain when we don't pick who you wanted like you actually know what you talking bout.

Thank you JW23.  I wish a little more research would go on around here.  This kid has a lot of potential, good passer, great defensive ability.  His shot can be taught.  Also, we may have a plan in free agency to address the other team needs.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Alex said:

His skill set is driving the lane against inferior players.  That won't work in the NBA.

That is not his skill set. If you took the time to watch the 5 minute video posted earlier, you could see a wide array of step backs, and post moves, along with the ability to get to the rim. This wasn't a guy who strictly drove to the basket over smaller players. He's also much more athletic than he looks. Here's a shorter video, only 1:40, that shows him against Cincinnati. They were one of the top defensive teams in the country last year. 

He also excelled when competition got better. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, marco102 said:

10Thank you JW23.  I wish a little more research would go on around here.  This kid has a lot of potential, good passer, great defensive ability.  His shot can be taught.  Also, we may have a plan in free agency to address the other team needs.

100% agree  how many people wanted Denzel Valentine? He's a stat stuffer too.  How can you not love this pick? He's Denzel with actual NBA athletcism and two good knees. He's a better defender and his only glaring weakness  is 3 point shooting.

I'm done doubting can  the Hawks improve players 3 point  shooting. Sap, Carroll, Baze check check check.

I love the versatility in both picks. Prince is more 3/ small 4 and Bembry  is more 3/2. Prince  can guard 2, 3, and 4's. This is good because they can play  together and gives us lots of lineup and matchup posibilities. 

My gut says we thought baby Sabonis would be there for us, but OKC flanked us and snagged him. I think we likely wanted Prince at 21, but I don't think he would have made it. All those overrated players fell past our pick.  Bottom line is we got guys that fit and mitigate some  of our know weaknesses. 

• Like 1