• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Meeting With Dwight

Misha Owens

39 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Would someone answer my previous question? When was the last time the Hawks had a good rebounding team? Like, seriously, year and roster?

Well we were pretty good back in St. Louis...from what I have heard.  Bob Petit was a beast on the glass.

Signing Dwight and thinking we can change him into what he needs to be, a defensive minded center who only shoots sparingly, is probably one of the more wishful thinking scenarios I've ever heard on this sight.  This dude is probably never going to change.  What did we learn from his buddy Smoove?  These guys both have tarnished what could have been MUCH greater careers by being unable to accept their limitations and fit within a team concept.  Although in fairness, I never thought Josh was not a competitor as I think Dwight has displayed.

4 hours ago, Jody23 said:

From Paul Millsap on NBA Radio:

He also says he would have no problem playing the three IF he had advanced notice.  Said that Al playing the four would help Al and that Dwight would make them better.

For the record, apparently Millsap has been on NBARadio before an indicated he had no interest in playing the three per Jared Greenberg.

Well I missed this! Now Im extremely hyped! Come on Home Dwight! 

Hopefully Sap don't drop too many pounds but to be more of a tweener SF hell yeah i like that idea. Sap probably need to stay around 240 instead of 250 and he can continue doing damage in the post when howard isn't in the game as well as being quicker on his feet. I don't see how some aren't excited about this. Also sounds like Sap is going to help Bud pitch the offer to Dwight joining! 

This is what I call trying to get better.

6 minutes ago, Eddielives said:

Signing Dwight and thinking we can change him into what he needs to be, a defensive minded center who only shoots sparingly, is probably one of the more wishful thinking scenarios I've ever heard on this sight.  This dude is probably never going to change.  What did we learn from his buddy Smoove?  These guys both have tarnished what could have been MUCH greater careers by being unable to accept their limitations and fit within a team concept.  Although in fairness, I never thought Josh was not a competitor as I think Dwight has displayed.

Trading Teague, Signing Horford to the max and Bazemore for 16-18 million and thinking this team can contend for a championship this year is even more wishful in thinking IMO 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Johnnybravo4 said:

Kobe was a rapist and you would've loved to have him be a Hawk

"Alleged."  And hell yeah.  

Dwight has always committed a turnover or foul for every shot he's converted, on top of the fact he struggles at the line when given the oppurtunity of a 3 point play.  The fascination with the guy has just always escaped me.  Maybe I'm the fool.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

Bring him home... Worry about semantics and scheme later. We've been a positionless team since Bud arrived anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EXACTLY

• Like 1

Give me Dwight in the starting line-up over Baze any day. 16 mil for the base of Baze's contract? Ha.

Schröder/Korver/Sap or trade/Horford/Dwight > getting swept again by Lebron with the same damn core.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

"Alleged."  And hell yeah.  

Dwight has always committed a turnover or foul for every shot he's converted, on top of the fact he struggles at the line when given the oppurtunity of a 3 point play.  The fascination with the guy has just always escaped me.  Maybe I'm the fool.

No you're not.  I think that a lot of fans are banking on 2 things...1)  Howard and Horford are signed to some sort of discount and 2) Bud can do something 3 or more other coaches were unable to do with Howard.

I can't stand the guys game, but eff it, I wouldn't cry much about a one-year rental-to-own, if that's even an option.I can't believe y'all still want this cat after all he's shown (or not shown). 

I'm too lazy to look it up, but I'm pretty sure his career record in games started is a losing one.  Sounds like a leader/Max player to me.  He's Melo without the skill. 

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

So does no one think we can develop Dwight at all? We seem to have done a solid job with Kyle, Baze and Demarre. I'm not closing the door on the possibility of him becoming a better player as a whole in Atlanta.

• Like 3

And then I would see if we can't steal Brown from the C's or Buddy from NO in a Millsap trade. If not, get the best 3 point shooter you can.

Horford is the better outside shooter of him and Sap. Horford would play well with Howard and Dennis working in the paint.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Flight said:

So does no one think we can develop Dwight at all? We seem to have done a solid job with Kyle, Baze and Demarre. I'm not closing the door on the possibility of him becoming a better player as a whole in Atlanta.

I knew it!  Y'all think Bud is a miracle worker!

Image result for miracle worker gif

4 minutes ago, RWF said:

And then I would see if we can't steal Brown from the C's or Buddy from NO in a Millsap trade. If not, get the best 3 point shooter you can.

Horford is the better outside shooter of him and Sap. Horford would play well with Howard and Dennis working in the paint.

Unless we want to give Sap a max long term contract when he opts out after this year we need to look into trades for Sap anyways.

Edited by GameTime
  • Like 1