• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Zach Kline says Al left because Dwight

ATLien_

1 hour ago, ATLien_ said:

Zach Kline was just on 92.9 the game. He said Al didn't like the Howard signing and that's  the number one reason he's gone. He said Al and Dwight don't see eye to eye on a lot of things, and Al didn't like what he brought to the locker room. Al  felt if he was going to sign long term he wanted to be comfortable with the locker room. 

He also said Al's heart was in Atlanta if it was 100% up to him he would have been back, but he had alot of people in his ear. Tito, wife and new agent that talked him into Boston. Apparently Al is this guys only client and he wanted to make a splash. He convinced Al he can get another max in 3 years at 34, so Boston offered an opt out in year 3.

He also talked about Tito's crowd comment, but said that had little impact. Said during playoff series Celtics fan booed  everyone but Al, and they were telling him come to Boston when he walked off the court. 

Lastly, he said he loved Horford and will miss him, but he wouldn't have given him the 5 year max  either. 

Um tf ? Isnt HE THE ON THE COURT. He has to make his OWN decision. 

4 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Thats because he was the only one balling in that game.  I'd be mad too if my teammates wilted to Yale.

That is true. TWP came off the bench most of his career (started a lot, if not all, in his senior year) and was sadly just about the only scoring option(s) that BU had the past two seasons after guys like Isaiah Austin, Royce O'Neale, Brady Heslip, and Cory Jefferson left a few years back. Couldn't really keep up with Yale because BU was struggling to find offense; that Makai Mason fellow really showed up that day.

What excites me about TWP in Atlanta is that he isn't going to be relied on as THAT GUY for offense like he was the past 2 seasons in college. He can shoot, rebound, move the ball, clean up plays, and he brings some defense too. He's scrappy. If he can really improve his shooting even more (he's with the right NBA team to help him do that) and not have to be as much of a 'volume shooter' then boy o' boy o' boy. :cool:

Sorry ya'll! I derailed the convo there for a bit.

****Horford. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member

To all of those who mentioned we finally got a true center and then Whoreford leaves, thank you! The one constant thing we heard for 9 years is he isn't a center (even though he was an all star center) and he belongs at the 4.

Okay. I was in agreement at times too but I didn't think he would leave when we finally got another all star center. Did he know that he would just be a top 15 PF? 

1 minute ago, cam1218 said:

To all of those who mentioned we finally got a true center and then Whoreford leaves, thank you! The one constant thing we heard for 9 years is he isn't a center (even though he was an all star center) and he belongs at the 4.

Okay. I was in agreement at times too but I didn't think he would leave when we finally got another all star center. Did he know that he would just be a top 15 PF? 

I've said all along that he's not a 5.  He knows it deep down.  Used the "I'm really a 4 playing 5" thing as an eggscuse.  Faced with being a 4 for the first time, he tucks tail and runs (to a place where he'll likely be a 5 again which he and his daddy supposedly hate).

10 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I've said all along that he's not a 5.  He knows it deep down.  Used the "I'm really a 4 playing 5" thing as an eggscuse.  Faced with being a 4 for the first time, he tucks tail and runs (to a place where he'll likely be a 5 again which he and his daddy supposedly hate).

My thoughts exactly. Consistently talked about being out of position,and we finally bring in a true center, only to have him bolt to play out of position again? Sounds like someone got nervous about losing that out of position excuse. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member

LMAO. Horford is getting roasted on here. Now that he's in Boston, his new nickname will be Baby Cakes. 

Should have known he was leaving. The funny thing is I didn't see one story about Horford trying to recruit his friend Noah. Even if the Hawks won't  pay him that money, it still would have shown the interest to stay.

Now he blaming everyone around him about the decision?  Just man up and say "I wanted to move on to a place where I didn't have to be the "guy"  anymore."                           

I think the Al got his feelings hurt when the Hawks wouldn't offer a "max" deal because his ego wanted to be in the max player club.   Now he wants to justify his decision.   Plus I hope this pisses off D12 and makes him even more motivated to punk Al out next season!

i also hope Al enjoys being roasted by the Boston media when he plays soft and camps on the top of the key and they lose a game.   He may say he didn't like ATL fans but he is gonna miss the ATL media next year.

Edited by ThomasCredle
Addition
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, QuantumHawkz said:

LMAO. Horford is getting roasted on here. Now that he's in Boston, his new nickname will be Baby Cakes. 

Should have known he was leaving. The funny thing is I didn't see one story about Horford trying to recruit his friend Noah. Even if the Hawks won't  pay him that money, it still would have shown the interest to stay.

Now he blaming everyone around him about the decision?  Just man up and say "I wanted to move on to a place where I didn't have to be the "guy"  anymore."                           

So I'm guessing Al will defer to Isaiah Thomas for who the guy is.

3 hours ago, CTann said:

The real reason for the departure is that Alice knew that TWP (Taurean Prince) is coming to Atlanta. Alice knew that he doesn't have the mental toughness to accept the fact that a rookie understands the concept of rebounding more than he does. Btw, I'm a Baylor fan (it's where my Dad went to school) and I was really irritated with TWP for the Yale game for losing his cool during the game and taking his frustration out on Rico. Now, I look back at the 'rebound' video and it's actually funny to me now. :laugh: Glad to have TWP on board in Atlanta. 

What's the deal on his 8'6 standing reach. Someone posted it was closer to 8'10. With his 6'11 wingspan he should be able to play alot of small ball 4.  

• Like 1

I like Horford as a person, but not as a player. He phoned it in after the injuries to make sure he got his payday. I'm happy with the change no matter how it turns out.

I don't think his leaving had to do with not getting along with Dwight, but that his ego was going to take a hit.

Al has been the team leader for a while and would have signed a huge contract. He would have to watch fans start showing up for home games because we brought home Dwight not because we resigned him. He would also have to see a guy getting paid less than him put up better stats. Then have everyone compare everything Dwight did during the season to what Al couldn't do as a center over the past few seasons. If we were successful in the playoffs the media and fans would give the credit to bringing in Dwight. Instead he put himself on a team where he can be the hero.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, DUrce1 said:

I like Horford as a person, but not as a player. He phoned it in after the injuries to make sure he got his payday. I'm happy with the change no matter how it turns out.

I don't think his leaving had to do with not getting along with Dwight, but that his ego was going to take a hit.

Al has been the team leader for a while and would have signed a huge contract. He would have to watch fans start showing up for home games because we brought home Dwight not because we resigned him. He would also have to see a guy getting paid less than him put up better stats. Then have everyone compare everything Dwight did during the season to what Al couldn't do as a center over the past few seasons. If we were successful in the playoffs the media and fans would give the credit to bringing in Dwight. Instead he put himself on a team where he can be the hero.

That's deep, DUrce but an interesting take.  Any success we have will be attributed to Howard (to a degree) or the move to Dennis.  Alice would've always been seen as same ol', lame 'ol.  I'm sure that didn't sit well with Tito 'n them.

Ayo, where tha f*ck is the Alice emojicon!? @Dolfan23 what gives? :argh:

2 hours ago, QuantumHawkz said:

I'm loving it :laugh:
Me and Jody23 have been slamming Horford all season for his softness and pathetic rebounding! 
I'm glad the rest of the Sqauwk is finally coming to the darkside :biggrin:

Meanwhile NbaSupes is probably like..
fE18keE.gif

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, DrReality said:

With this change from Teague and  Al to Dennis and D12 the attitude of our team will change.....for the better.    

The absence of Tea and Horf now unleashes the dog in this team IMO

But get ready for more techs.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DrReality said:

With this change from Teague and  Al to Dennis and D12 the attitude of our team will change.....for the better.    

Every Atlanta team feels the same and has for a while. There's no fire, no passion, very little emotion. We'll see if Dennis has the head on his shoulders to be a really good point guard, but we know he will bring the fire. I'm looking forward to Howard taking ownership of the paint. Someone who will hopefully be swatting shots into the stands. The Hawks should have a ceremony where Mutombo passes on the finger wag to Howard.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, DrReality said:

I completely agree Teague and Horford both would get passive and as the leaders that trickled down to the whole team.   With Dennis at the point the mindset of the team will be much aggressive.    This team will have more "dog" in them and I won't mind a couple additional techs if we get a more passionate and tougher team.

• Like 3