• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Zach Kline says Al left because Dwight

ATLien_

Zach Kline was just on 92.9 the game. He said Al didn't like the Howard signing and that's  the number one reason he's gone. He said Al and Dwight don't see eye to eye on a lot of things, and Al didn't like what he brought to the locker room. Al  felt if he was going to sign long term he wanted to be comfortable with the locker room. 

He also said Al's heart was in Atlanta if it was 100% up to him he would have been back, but he had alot of people in his ear. Tito, wife and new agent that talked him into Boston. Apparently Al is this guys only client and he wanted to make a splash. He convinced Al he can get another max in 3 years at 34, so Boston offered an opt out in year 3.

He also talked about Tito's crowd comment, but said that had little impact. Said during playoff series Celtics fan booed  everyone but Al, and they were telling him come to Boston when he walked off the court. 

Lastly, he said he loved Horford and will miss him, but he wouldn't have given him the 5 year max  either. 

15 minutes ago, ATLien_ said:

Lastly, he said he loved Horford and will miss him, but he wouldn't have given him the 5 year max  either.

I agree. If you keep him, you're just locking yourself into a max upside of being a tough out to true contenders in the playoffs (which a lot of people on hawksquawk seem to want to do). Which, I don't think Horford makes Boston a true contender in the playoffs.

And really, a realistic upside of being thoroughly embarrassed by true contenders.

Edited by Lurker
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, ATLien_ said:

Zach Kline was just on 92.9 the game. He said Al didn't like the Howard signing and that's  the number one reason he's gone. He said Al and Dwight don't see eye to eye on a lot of things, and Al didn't like what he brought to the locker room. Al  felt if he was going to sign long term he wanted to be comfortable with the locker room. 

He also said Al's heart was in Atlanta if it was 100% up to him he would have been back, but he had alot of people in his ear. Tito, wife and new agent that talked him into Boston. Apparently Al is this guys only client and he wanted to make a splash. He convinced Al he can get another max in 3 years at 34, so Boston offered an opt out in year 3.

He also talked about Tito's crowd comment, but said that had little impact. Said during playoff series Celtics fan booed  everyone but Al, and they were telling him come to Boston when he walked off the court. 

I don't buy it.

You can tell he moved on very quickly and so I'm not buying it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

I heard the interview too, and this part made me fall out of my chair. Alice freaking Whoreford REALLY thinks he's going to opt out of his contract after 3 years at 33 years old and be in line for ANOTHER 4 to 5 year max contract which is going to be even more ridiculous than the crazy numbers this year?!?!?!?!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

OK, done. No...wait...

BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!!!!!

This cat is freaking delusional - that is all.

Another max?  BWAHAHAHAHAHAHABABABBBDJFJGURUSHHAHAHHAHHHAAAAAAA!

For Alison? :laugh:

:Horford:"Hey, kiss my ass kg."

Al wanted to go to Boston and he went all this Dwight and family stuff is meaningless to me.

And I appreciate this ownership group for at least taking a chance with Dwight cause it at least showed that they understood that people are tired of the same old routine.

If the Hawks can get Dwight back to first year Houston Dwight that's better than any version of Al imo.

• Like 2

Huh? To me at least Howard would seem like a hard guy to hate having on my team as he is a jokester and would seem to mesh well off the court.  The only thing that could make me dislike him would be his reputation as a coach killer and team cancer, but that's what fans say based on team results.

Honestly horford is just making himself look like more and more of a baby back bitch to me.  

• Like 3

If this is true def makes u feel a little bit better - and goes along with other reports that the HAWKS spent lots of resources vetting the shit out of dwight and felt they can change the perception of him, if we can pull that off then yes, we should get to the table more and if AL doesnt all of a sudden improve in BOS, then the hawks will look like real good guys, cuz we improved DH AND still wanted to get Horford back and tried to do right thing by him, we have our work cut out for us, but so does Al,  is he playing center or PF up there ?

• Like 1

I'm not buying it.

He can...

giphy.gif

What I find most interesting is the Hawks taking a risk at the expense of letting Al leave, that says a lot. They aren't content with the status quo. It's  definitely not business as usual.....I can appreciate that even if it backfires. 

That's why I'm not mad at the Hawks' front office AT ALL. When was the last time you saw those words come from my account without a 4 or 13-letter bomb quickly following?

All this time, he and his dad cried about the Hawks needing to get a center to help him down on the blocks. The day after they get the best one available in free agency and, don't forget, while being offered $136 MILLION, he wants out?

If Dwight tries hard, injuries notwithstanding, and they manage to bring in Crawford or whomever to help, this is going to be an All-time laughter when all is said and done. This goes double if Durant stays in OKC... 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

I agree. If you keep him, you're just locking yourself into a max upside of being a tough out to true contenders in the playoffs (which a lot of people on hawksquawk seem to want to do). Which, I don't think Horford makes Boston a true contender in the playoffs.

And really, a realistic upside of being thoroughly embarrassed by true contenders.

In other words, we're right back to JTTS (Job To The Stars) status as we were with JJ, Marvin, and Osh. How long were we clamoring, almost begging them to take a chance, to change course? The change is now here. Ride the wave...

1 hour ago, CTann said:

The real reason for the departure is that Alice knew that TWP (Taurean Prince) is coming to Atlanta. Alice knew that he doesn't have the mental toughness to accept the fact that a rookie understands the concept of rebounding more than he does. Btw, I'm a Baylor fan (it's where my Dad went to school) and I was really irritated with TWP for the Yale game for losing his cool during the game and taking his frustration out on Rico. Now, I look back at the 'rebound' video and it's actually funny to me now. :laugh: Glad to have TWP on board in Atlanta. 

Thats because he was the only one balling in that game.  I'd be mad too if my teammates wilted to Yale.