Zach Kline says Al left because Dwight

ATLien_

2 minutes ago, GameTime said:

The absence of Tea and Horf now unleashes the dog in this team IMO

But get ready for more techs.

More toughest and a lot less tattle-telling like this . hehe
Horford : "Im telling on you !"

16 minutes ago, CTann said:

That is true. TWP came off the bench most of his career (started a lot, if not all, in his senior year) and was sadly just about the only scoring option(s) that BU had the past two seasons after guys like Isaiah Austin, Royce O'Neale, Brady Heslip, and Cory Jefferson left a few years back. Couldn't really keep up with Yale because BU was struggling to find offense; that Makai Mason fellow really showed up that day.

What excites me about TWP in Atlanta is that he isn't going to be relied on as THAT GUY for offense like he was the past 2 seasons in college. He can shoot, rebound, move the ball, clean up plays, and he brings some defense too. He's scrappy. If he can really improve his shooting even more (he's with the right NBA team to help him do that) and not have to be as much of a 'volume shooter' then boy o' boy o' boy. :cool:

Sorry ya'll! I derailed the convo there for a bit.

****Horford. 

I loved the pick.  My Syracuse bias would've preferred Malachi Richardson, but Prince's energy and passion reminds me of Kenneth Faried.

He's better now than Demarre was coming out of college.  He seems to be a coachable kid that Bud could really develop rapidly.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I loved the pick.  My Syracuse bias would've preferred Malachi Richardson, but Prince's energy and passion reminds me of Kenneth Faried.

He's better now than Demarre was coming out of college.  He seems to be a coachable kid that Bud could really develop rapidly.

I really liked Richardson and Beasley from FSU.

TWP plays with a lot of passion; truly cares about the game. Sometimes his emotions get to him though. I really do think that he's going to love playing for Bud and Bud's going to enjoy coaching him. Yes, I agree about TWP coming out of college is better than DMC coming out of college. I like DMC and I think that TWP could, key word could, become better than DMC was here. Interesting comparison you made with Faried. 

6 minutes ago, Alex said:

Not to derail the thread, but I have to say this.  Garnett is the biggest bitch in the NBA.  He's such a wannabe fake tough guy.  

Zaza very much agrees.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Alex said:

Not to derail the thread, but I have to say this.  Garnett is the biggest bitch in the NBA.  He's such a wannabe fake tough guy.  

If Garnett is the Batman of NBA bitches then Paul Pierce has to be his Robin.. No one has ever been "injured" worse and  came right back to play through than his Bitch Ass!!!

• Like 2

We could easily move these posts to a new thread "Bitches that have played for the Celtics" that would be full of  excellent answers!!!!

• Premium Member

I don't understand how Al asked for years to bring in another center so he could play more PF. We bring in a great center and suddenly he can't stay here? C'mon now. This is either about money the Hawks wouldn't offer or something else behind the scenes.

2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I don't understand how Al asked for years to bring in another center so he could play more PF. We bring in a great center and suddenly he can't stay here? C'mon now. This is either about money the Hawks wouldn't offer or something else behind the scenes.

Ya, and why the hell is he acting like we did him wrong? Is there something we don't know? Or is he just a piece of crap?

Just now, Sothron said:

I think it is about ego.   Al wanted to be in the "Max" player club and he was also scared to be outplayed by D12 and look soft in comparison as another poster said earlier.    He got his feelings hurt when the Hawks didn't max him on the first offer sheet and pitched a little fit and it cost him millions of dollars.

• Like 3

• Moderators

I'm not buying it.

He can...

giphy.gif

What I find most interesting is the Hawks taking a risk at the expense of letting Al leave, that says a lot. They aren't content with the status quo. It's  definitely not business as usual.....I can appreciate that even if it backfires. 

Failing on status quo is frustrating. Failing while trying your best to be better is commendable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ThomasCredle said:

If Garnett is the Batman of NBA bitches then Paul Pierce has to be his Robin.. No one has ever been "injured" worse and  came right back to play through than his Bitch Ass!!!

Couldn't have been pudgy worse or injured worse to the point that Phil Jackson verbally questioned Pierce's integrity in the media. Love an NBA soap opera.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NekiEcko said:

That is what championship teams do, they take risk like how Cleveland has to give up 54 mil in luxury tax but it won them their ring or when Golden State did all of those trades long time ago.

That is the reason why I am not angry at FO or ownership about this because they are willing to shoot to the sky unlike our other ownership that played it safe.

Right! It would have been easy for the Hawks to be predictable - give Horford the 5 year max, let Bazemore walk and sign some other no name SF to start like Brandon Rush and get swept by CLE again.

I'm glad Hawks FO wants to break the cycle of insanity. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RandomFan said:

I heard the interview too, and this part made me fall out of my chair. Alice freaking Whoreford REALLY thinks he's going to opt out of his contract after 3 years at 33 years old and be in line for ANOTHER 4 to 5 year max contract which is going to be even more ridiculous than the crazy numbers this year?!?!?!?!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

OK, done. No...wait...

BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!!!!!

This cat is freaking delusional - that is all.

Yeah the way the game is changing with bigs just as quick but bigger than him (Towns, Noel, Nurkic, etc), it'll be plenty of them on the market, won't be a need to pay a guy that much money at age 33. I can't even think of a big at 33 that got paid huge besides maybe Shaq. I believe he was 33ish when he was in Miami when he got that 100 mil deal but Al is no Shaq.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BigDog90 said:

Yeah the way the game is changing with bigs just as quick but bigger than him (Towns, Noel, Nurkic, etc), it'll be plenty of them on the market, won't be a need to pay a guy that much money at age 33. I can't even think of a big at 33 that got paid huge besides maybe Shaq. I believe he was 33ish when he was in Miami when he got that 100 mil deal but Al is no Shaq.

Exactly, plus the perception of the short falls in Al's game will be magnified considerably when the media in Boston is calling him out for every 3 rebound game or poor shooting performance.   The Atlanta media never said much and the national media pretty much ignores the Hawks.   A couple of playoff choke jobs and early round exits in Boston he won't be a stretch 4 playing out of position but a soft center that won't rebound and can't close out games.    He wasn't blamed hurt that bad for his playoff choking here.  He will be crucified for it in Boston.

Three years from now he won't be a max premier FA but an over paid above average player that people will say has a bad contract and can't perform when it matters.  Boston fans will be steady bitching in year 4 not begging for another max extension after they get a better up close look at Al.

2 minutes ago, ThomasCredle said:

Exactly, plus the perception of the short falls in Al's game will be magnified considerably when the media in Boston is calling him out for every 3 rebound game or poor shooting performance.   The Atlanta media never said much and the national media pretty much ignores the Hawks.   A couple of playoff choke jobs and early round exits in Boston he won't be a stretch 4 playing out of position but a soft center that won't rebound and can't close out games.    He wasn't blamed hurt that bad for his playoff choking here.  He will be crucified for it in Boston.

Three years from now he won't be a max premier FA but an over paid above average player that people will say has a bad contract and can't perform when it matters.  Boston fans will be steady bitching in year 4 not begging for another max extension after they get a better up close look at Al.

Right! Ainge will trade him. He doesn't pay vets big money when they age. Dude flipped KG and Pierce into multiple 1sts once he saw they fell off.

Al will opt out but in 3 years the salary cap spikes won't be jumping in such high increments  and he won't get a 5yr max, however a soon to be 36 year old Pau Gasol is rumored to be getting 2yrs/$42 mil.