• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Press Conference going down Now...

Diesel

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, kurupt said:

It seems to me that if the two major signings you did in the offseason cry during the presser, because they are so excited to be with your team, you kinda did the right thing.

I think the teams motivation will be absolutely through the roof. Schröder in his 1st year as a starter, Bazemore trying to give back the trust the Hawks continue to give him, Millsap in a contract year, THjr trying to make the next step and obviously Howard - plus the professionals Korver and Sefolosha.

The more time goes by, the better my feeling for next season becomes. Especially because outsiders think the Hwaks probably got worse...lol.

I'm excited to see something different that's for sure.   I think the way they handled the Horford situation was embarrassing.  Who would of thought that we get rid of Teague/Horford for the 12th pick in the draft.   That's pretty poor return.   (yes i know cap space and all)

But I am excited to see what we do.   We needed to make changes.   And Hardaway is also in a contract year so hopefully he steps up.   Still would like to hear something from Millsap though. 

23 minutes ago, kurupt said:

It seems to me that if the two major signings you did in the offseason cry during the presser, because they are so excited to be with your team, you kinda did the right thing.

Yep. I'm pretty sure the Green Puke wouldn't have been up there shedding any tears of excitement for the Hawks.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, macdaddy said:

I'm excited to see something different that's for sure.   I think the way they handled the Horford situation was embarrassing.  Who would of thought that we get rid of Teague/Horford for the 12th pick in the draft.   That's pretty poor return.   (yes i know cap space and all)

But I am excited to see what we do.   We needed to make changes.   And Hardaway is also in a contract year so hopefully he steps up.   Still would like to hear something from Millsap though. 

Idk if you've watched today game from summer league, but Prince damn near had a double double dropped 21 and 9 boards. Plus had some nice penetrations an kicks which lead to easy baskets! Him,Cordinier,and Bembry all have astonished me. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

Idk if you've watched today game from summer league, but Prince damn near had a double double dropped 21 and 9 boards. Plus had some nice penetrations an kicks which lead to easy baskets! Him,Cordinier,and Bembry all have astonished me. 

Good Organizations get exceptional value outside of the top 10 picks. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Afro said:

Bud sweating like a drunk....:laugh:

HEY! Just because you enjoy a couple......

dozens of beers, doesn't mean you're a drunk...:-|

HAWKS!!!!!!!

I wish I could be ALL IN riding the Band Wagon on Dwight.  As of today, I’m running behind the wagon with a hand holding on so I can jump on when I’m ready.

towed%20by%20truck.gif

He almost had me drinking the cool aid from his previous interviews and particularly his intro presser yesterday. 

3478503876_80a3d763ef_o.gif

I’ll admit, I’m sipping the cool aid, I just can’t guzzle it like some of you though.  My concern has less to do with basketball success on the floor – I see what having him can do for our team and how Bud will use him. I can see him having a resurgence. My concern is what is in between his ears, his thin skinned nature etc.  He’s saying all the right things and I really applaud his effort.

It’s all good now – no pressure of basketball games, the grind of a season etc., he’s our new shiny toy that we can’t wait to play with.  But when the novelty wears off and adversity hits – how will he handle it and with that how does it affect the team performance and more importantly those around him.  He sounds as if he’s in a better place mentally with his family close by – mending the relationships that were previously rocky. He WANTED to be here WITH the Hawks so that’s a start.

I will say “I’m cautiously optimistic.”  I'm wiping the slate clean.

8-The-Prestige-quotes.gif

I will.

GO HAWKS!!!

27 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I wish I could be ALL IN riding the Band Wagon on Dwight.  As of today, I’m running behind the wagon with a hand holding on so I can jump on when I’m ready.

towed%20by%20truck.gif

He almost had me drinking the cool aid from his previous interviews and particularly his intro presser yesterday. 

I’ll admit, I’m sipping the cool aid, I just can’t guzzle it like some of you though.  My concern has less to do with basketball success on the floor – I see what having him can do for our team and how Bud will use him. I can see him having a resurgence. My concern is what is in between his ears, his thin skinned nature etc.  He’s saying all the right things and I really applaud his effort.

It’s all good now – no pressure of basketball games, the grind of a season etc., he’s our new shiny toy that we can’t wait to play with.  But when the novelty wears off and adversity hits – how will he handle it and with that how does it affect the team performance and more importantly those around him.  He sounds as if he’s in a better place mentally with his family close by – mending the relationships that were previously rocky. He WANTED to be here WITH the Hawks so that’s a start.

I will.

GO HAWKS!!!

I hear ya, and that's the only chink in the armor. If it's to crash and burn, it'll be his thin skin and attitude and whatnot. But I just don't see that happening in a better city with a better coach, better system, better locker room, and better atmosphere where D8 will be utilized in a much better way than he was in LA/HOU. Early clock PnRs and lobs vs late clock iso post ups will turn him back into a 17-20/12-14/2 all-star player. We shall see...

• Like 1

• Moderators

I'm on the cautiously optimistic train too.    It's great that Dwight and Baze want to be here and I'm  still hoping that Sap is on board.    But we had a guy leave a bunch of money on the table to go to a lesser team.     There is a lot of pressure on Bud to make this work.   

22 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Aw crap.  I forgot.    Even though he didn't play here long enough to get his number retired he still ranks top 5 of my all time favorite hawks.   

We all forgot about this guy wearing #8.

shelvin-mack-nba-atlanta-hawks-media-day

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We all forgot about this guy wearing #8.

shelvin-mack-nba-atlanta-hawks-media-day

I was just about to say Dwight looks a tad more ripped than the Mack of the year....no fear...

1 hour ago, hazer said:

I hear ya, and that's the only chink in the armor. If it's to crash and burn, it'll be his thin skin and attitude and whatnot. But I just don't see that happening in a better city with a better coach, better system, better locker room, and better atmosphere where D8 will be utilized in a much better way than he was in LA/HOU. Early clock PnRs and lobs vs late clock iso post ups will turn him back into a 17-20/12-14/2 all-star player. We shall see...

Here's to hoping he's a BETTER Dwight. :drinks:

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

I'm on the cautiously optimistic train too.    It's great that Dwight and Baze want to be here and I'm  still hoping that Sap is on board.    But we had a guy leave a bunch of money on the table to go to a lesser team.     There is a lot of pressure on Bud to make this work.   

But that guy want us to give him the full max on that Friday and walk away from 135 (153?) mil because we didn't added 6 mil to the bottom line.  That same guy that got bully by Tristan Thompson and Channel Frye all series long. 

I am not on his bandwagon as well for Dwight, however he can rebound and that is what we need (think about all of the game that we could win last year if we were winning the rebound battle ).  I know that home has a calming effect on people and most pressure to play in it, but I think Dwight will do fine.

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

towed%20by%20truck.gif

I will.

GO HAWKS!!!

Maybe we can have Barkley and the guys at TNT give him a monthly therapy  session .

Edited by pimp