• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks GM Wes Wilcox (The Vertical Podcast)

marco102

Horf will do great in Boston. They needed a good big more than anything else. And I agree that Horf's qualities are undervalued, while giving up post d and offense with him. It is something u have to live with and we did by being floor-D champs, but his game late in the season became exposed and he didnt put the grind in to help out in other ways. He didnt have a wtf mentality to go places where he might add something more than he did for long stretches. Places that hurt more than others and I think he did that to gain this contract.

But watch out Hawks fans. This season can also go total disaster. Horf laid out what we did last years. Without him the team will be a whole other.

Edited by DS17Fanboy

18 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

( screeeechhhhh )

tumblr_n5xltnVziS1qclmb0o1_500.gif

Al had a great reputation here until he stopped playing hard every night.

Sure, there were nights where people get flustered. But that's always going to happen with any player.

I mostly viewed Al as a good hard working and loyal player until 2 years ago. I often compared him to players like Horace Grant... A player I really liked back in the day.

Edited by Hotlanta1981
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, BigDog90 said:

Horford is the HIGHEST paid player in the ENTIRE NBA. I could imagine BOS should expect him to drop 20 and 10 not 15 and 8. I know I would.

13 hours ago, nathan2331 said:

Wouldn't that distinction go to Conley?

Same amount this year, but yes Conley has a 5th year and greater raises each year. It's all moot once Bron Bron signs his new deal. He'll be the highest paid then.

5 hours ago, DS17Fanboy said:

Horf will do great in Boston. They needed a good big more than anything else. And I agree that Horf's qualities are undervalued, while giving up post d and offense with him. It is something u have to live with and we did by being floor-D champs, but his game late in the season became exposed and he didnt put the grind in to help out in other ways. He didnt have a wtf mentality to go places where he might add something more than he did for long stretches. Places that hurt more than others and I think he did that to gain this contract.

But watch out Hawks fans. This season can also go total disaster. Horf laid out what we did last years. Without him the team will be a whole other.

It's up in the air. The biggest issue other than that is losing Jeff for a rookie. Top 10 PG aren't a dime a dozen and even if Dennis is a top 10 PG next year, we might need more.

We need Dwight to be dominate. Otherwise, it can get ugly and ugly fast. 

• Like 1

vor 19 Stunden, NBASupes sagte:

It's up in the air. The biggest issue other than that is losing Jeff for a rookie. Top 10 PG aren't a dime a dozen and even if Dennis is a top 10 PG next year, we might need more.

We need Dwight to be dominate. Otherwise, it can get ugly and ugly fast. 

I think the FO is kind of hedging its bets with this roster. They now can also develop allot of young players. If it doesnt work out(which is just as likely imo than it working out), we can always rebuild in a somewhat comfortable manner.

And blame Dwight...

Edited by DS17Fanboy
  • Like 3

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, DS17Fanboy said:

I think the FO is kind of hedging its bets with this roster. They now can also develop allot of young players. If it doesnt work out(which is just as likely imo than it working out), we can always rebuild in a somewhat comfortable manner.

And blame Dwight...

This is exactly it.   If all goes to crap Sap will take off, Dwight can be traded and you're left with youngsters who at least have a few years experience.  

On 7/20/2016 at 0:34 PM, macdaddy said:

That may be true but we said the same about Smitty.   I don't know if we could have kept Smitty at his contract and added enough to get over the hump but his departure screwed this franchise for years.     I still have faith in Bud though.

I won't ever regret keeping Al if our plan were to keep the roster in tact and have the same ceiling.  What I definitely will regret is seeing how him and Dwight could've worked together.  I think they both have some skills that could've worked off each other.  Dwight the brute, Horford a more finesse big man's game

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, DS17Fanboy said:

And blame Dwight...

I think you're spot on and honestly that's why I'm really excited to watch this season unfold.  We have a different looking team with a high ceiling/potential, at the same time it could definitely be a trainwreck.

Either way I like our look for the future and I agree, we're doing a little bit of rebuilding without tanking and throwing away the roster.  I'm not taking anything too seriously with what this team can do regardless.  Just an open mind and some trust in Bud to not let it go to sh**.

• Like 1

Even if or when we have our in season snags with D8 or whoever else occur I feel what happened against the Cavs in the playoffs really spells a good bit of our future for this upcoming season. When Dennis and Humph were on the floor against them we did pretty well. Those are the two position where the starters have been replaced and Dennis and Humph are still here. Increased minutes for both should be a good thing. 

• Like 2