• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2016 Dynasty Draft Official Thread

AHF

3 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Technically, @AHF is up, but first, he'll pick @TheFuzz's coach next, probably!

~lw3

When choosing a head coach for Fuzz, I say we throw this guy's name into the hat!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Spud2Nique

• Moderators
12 hours ago, Buzzard said:

I like the Crawford pick a lot and I know Butler is playing SF this season; but looking at your team, Butler at SG and Johnson at SF would help you on the glass quite a bit. But what the hell do I know, I am ranked 13th lol.

If it helps, I've got a less tried-and-true measure that has the Flocking Buzzards  probably finishing in 2nd, both now and in 2021. More on that after the draft ends!

~lw3

• Like 1

• Moderators

thefuzz.png

Final Selections:

Coach Doc Rivers

and

Jose Calderon

Final roster:

Doc Rivers    
Ricky Rubio Emmanuel Mudiay Jose Calderon
Avery Bradley Evan Turner  
Danilo Gallinari Otto Porter Jerami Grant
Blake Griffin Chris Bosh Marcus Morris
Demarcus Cousins Brook Lopez  
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

So with my last and final pick in the most Boring'est Hawksquawk Fantasy Draft ever  the JayBird Lady Squawkers select:

Ikr... it can  get a little boring , especially when people don't add a write up with their pick. It's not that hard to give  at least give 1 reason why you drafted a guy, or why he fits your team.

Btw, you should secure yourself a spot in the cartoon draft , or even better... the greatest movies/ movie characters of all time draft. :smile3:
I'll tell one benefit of joining it.  It's a great way to fill up your Netflix queue!   Because at some point, people are gonna be talking about how great some movies  are ,that you've 
never seen before. You're gonna get curious about them , and want to see what all the fuss is about. So you'll start adding movies to your list, and before you know it you'll have 20 + 
extra movies to watch before the season starts :cool:
tumblr_inline_nhpzqqC4Nx1qz65iu.gif

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

For all you NBA2Kers and @Spud2Nique - is there away to rank the teams as constructed based on 2K ratings or whatever to seed the teams then have a playoff. Single elimination style.

He can simulate an entire season and playoff (best of 7 ) in about 10 minutes. it  may be possible to do it single elimination style.
You'll get a NBA champion, All-star teams, All NBA teams,  All defensive team, All rookie teams, Mvp, ROY, MIP, 6TH man, and regular season standings.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, pimp said:

He can simulate an entire season and playoff (best of 7 ) in about 10 minutes. it  may be possible to do it single elimination style.
You'll get a NBA champion, All-star teams, All NBA teams,  All defensive team, All rookie teams, Mvp, ROY, MIP, 6TH man, and regular season standings.

giphy.gif

• Admin
44 minutes ago, AHF said:

thefuzz.png

Final Selections:

Coach Doc Rivers

and

Jose Calderon

Final roster:

Doc Rivers    
Ricky Rubio Emmanuel Mudiay Jose Calderon
Avery Bradley Evan Turner  
Danilo Gallinari Otto Porter Jerami Grant
Blake Griffin Chris Bosh Marcus Morris
Demarcus Cousins Brook Lopez  

For not selecting his team ... Fuzz actually has a decent roster

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

For not selecting his team ... Fuzz actually has a decent roster

I agree and think @AHF did him pretty righteous. If Bosh comes back medically cleared he has four all-star bigs surrounded by some good to great defensive talent. Porter, Grant, and Mudlay is a good group of young talent as well.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

If it helps, I've got a less tried-and-true measure that has the Flocking Buzzards  probably finishing in 2nd, both now and in 2021. More on that after the draft ends!

~lw3

I can't draft all star level players at every position because folks in this draft won't let me :cry: So my teams success or failure will totally hinge on how my bigs play and if they improve.

Edited by Buzzard

1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

@AHF made the Fuzz's pick but he did not make his own. What's up with that?

yeah i know . :hmm:  I go after him... i pretty much have my write up thought out, so as long as he doesn't take my player, i'll be ready to go.

• Like 1

• Moderators

And now it comes down to the final pick for our U-Niques squad.  Sad but true.  We are excited about the future of some of our recent young picks but we are also excited about our chances to contend this season.  We think our starters are as strong as any group in the league and the bench will bring skill versatility and tons of potential.  Ashley thinks there is plenty to celebrate!

Image result for ashley judd uk

To round out that bench, we are bringing in a veteran wing who is now a 5-time consecutive selection for the All-NBA Defense squad.  He can man up against and shut down about any guard in the league and we think he'll bring a work ethic and desire that will be a model for our younger players.

With the 218th pick in the draft, the U-Niques select:

'The Grindfather'

Tony Allen

Image result for tony allen defense

We expect to utilize Allen situationally on the best perimeter threat on the opposing team.  His defensive versatility is impressive, being able to check everyone from guards like Kyrie Irving and Seth Curry:

To much bigger men like 6'10'' - 7' Kevin Durant and Dirk Nowitzki:

Image result for kevin durant 3 point

Frankly, we are pleasantly surprised he is still on the board at all.  Welcome to the team, Mr. Allen!

@pimp is on the clock

U-Niques 2016-17

Coach:  Quin Snyder

PG:  Kyle Lowry, Jamal Murray, Marcus Smart

SG:  Rodney Hood, Danny Green, Tony Allen

SF:  Kevin Durant, Jaylen Brown

PF:  Dirk Nowtizki, Nikola Mirotic, Dario Saric

C:  Rudy Gobert, Willie Cauley-Stein

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, AHF said:

And now it comes down to the final pick for our U-Niques squad.  Sad but true.  We are excited about the future of some of our recent young picks but we are also excited about our chances to contend this season.  We think our starters are as strong as any group in the league and the bench will bring skill versatility and tons of potential.  Ashley thinks there is plenty to celebrate!

Image result for ashley judd uk

To round out that bench, we are bringing in a veteran wing who is now a 5-time consecutive selection for the All-NBA Defense squad.  He can man up against and shut down about any guard in the league and we think he'll bring a work ethic and desire that will be a model for our younger players.

With the 218th pick in the draft, the U-Niques select:

'The Grindfather'

Tony Allen

We expect to utilize Allen situationally on the best perimeter threat on the opposing team.  His defensive versatility is impressive, being able to check everyone from guards like Kyrie Irving and Seth Curry:

To much bigger men like 6'10'' - 7' Kevin Durant and Dirk Nowitzki:

Image result for kevin durant 3 point

Frankly, we are pleasantly surprised he is still on the board at all.  Welcome to the team, Mr. Allen!

@pimp is on the clock

U-Niques 2016-17

Coach:  Quin Snyder

PG:  Kyle Lowry, Jamal Murray, Marcus Smart

SG:  Rodney Hood, Danny Green, Tony Allen

SF:  Kevin Durant, Jaylen Brown

PF:  Dirk Nowtizki, Nikola Mirotic, Dario Saric

C:  Rudy Gobert, Willie Cauley-Stein

He was on my radar as well as a half dozen other players taken in this round. This late, Tony is a great get to add to your wings.

Edited by Buzzard

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

He was on my radar as well as a half dozen other players taken in this round.

I know you are ready to go!

I like the pick with him because it gives me lots of versatility if I have an injury.  Allen can matchup 1-3; Murray 1-2; Smart 1-2; Green 2-3;  Saric 3-4.  

Despite any NBA2k impact, I also felt a real life team can always use an All-NBA defensive beast like Allen.  

There is still talent so I'm pretty positive you'll end up with a productive player with your upcoming pick.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AHF said:

I know you are ready to go!

I like the pick with him because it gives me lots of versatility if I have an injury.  Allen can matchup 1-3; Murray 1-2; Smart 1-2; Green 2-3;  Saric 3-4.  

Despite any NBA2k impact, I also felt a real life team can always use an All-NBA defensive beast like Allen.  

There is still talent so I'm pretty positive you'll end up with a productive player with your upcoming pick.

You needed some wing help with all the picks you invested in Durant, PF, and Center. Like I said, he would help you for sure and is a good get. I don't know anything about the NBA2k impact except what I briefly read and posted earlier; but it would not surprise me if Tony is a positive impact in that regard as well.

I have two players in mind so once @pimp picks, I will be good to go very shortly.

Edited by Buzzard

This round has been a rough one for me . i decided that i would take Seth Curry or Deandre Bembry, but those guys were snatched up before my turn.
So i decided i that i should take a vet as a 3rd pg. I wanted someone that is a leader, and i believe i found one.

With the next pick in the draft, the Atlanta Air Force selects...

Jarrett Jack

qhYIUz_K.jpg

Jack, will be a great mentor to Bledsoe and Dirty Delly. He known as a great teamate and a team leader. He has always played well vs the Hawks in Atlanta. and we believe
that he will put up some nice nimbers, now that he will play in Atlanta all the time. He may not be ready to play when the season starts, but we have Zach Lavine as an emergency 3rd
PG. Jack still has a lot of game left , and can hit clutch shots with the game on the line . Look at all the clutch shots in this video

Edited by pimp
  • Like 4