• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2016 Dynasty Draft Official Thread

AHF

On 8/24/2016 at 10:51 AM, LucastheThird said:

Not when your reach might not even play this year like mine. I really thought Stephenson was still under contract.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Lance will probably sign with one of those NY teams and be an all defensive team candidate. That would be a Hawks fans nightmare!

• Like 1

• Moderators

With the 214th pick in the final round of the Summer Dynasty Draft, the Lethal Obsession selects…

RHJ_GettyImages1.jpg

Well, I’m not so sure that’s a legitimate NBA move, Rondae Hollis-Jefferson (SF/SG, Age 21, 6’7”, 220 lbs.). But, I’ll tell you what. If this whole pro hoops thing doesn’t work out for you with us, the Harlem Globetrotters are just one borough over. You can literally Take the A Train!

Rondae Hollis-Jefferson doesn’t really fill a need with this final pick for the Lethal Obsession. This roster could certainly use some additional veteran leadership at the point, in case Chris Paul gets injured, or some beef up front whenever the centers find themselves in foul trouble.

But on a team already loaded with long-limbed swingmen with upside and stretch forwards, RHJ is certainly a luxurious commodity. His potential wasn’t too good to pass up when he was first considered by the Obsession Front Office six rounds ago, but it is too good to pass up now.

“Best defender”. So said Hollis-Jefferson’s peers in a survey conducted during the 2015 Rookie Shoot. He was also voted “funniest,” which wouldn’t hurt to counterbalance the occasionally dour CP3 in the lockerroom. While he provided much levity in and around his team during his rookie campaign, he wasn’t able to fully showcase his perimeter defensive skills and superb rebounding talent. That was thanks to a broken ankle he suffered in early December, an injury that sidelined him through mid-March.

Still, he did get enough floortime on a woeful team to finish 51st overall in Defensive Real Plus/Minus, sixth-best among shooting guards/small forwards behind Kawhi Leonard, LeBron James, Danny Green, the recently-drafted Tony Allen and Robert Covington. Gifted by his (here comes that word again!) 7-foot-2 wingspan, Hollis-Jefferson also averaged 5.3 RPG in only 21.2 minutes per game.

Even as a budding college star, jump shooting was not RHJ’s forte. In his rookie season, he shot just 28.3 3FG%. But after his ankle healed, he worked with a prominent shooting coach that had him sinking three of his eight attempts in April. You know who else shot poorly from the perimeter fresh out of college? Kevin Durant shot 28.8 3FG% in his rookie season, but has raised his career average to 38.0% while exceeding that average in each of his past five seasons. Hollis-Jefferson has spent much of his summer working with KD’s personal trainer, and that should pay dividends down the road. He, Brandon Ingram, and Josh Richardson can all stand to work on their ballhandling moves from the wing in halfcourt sets.

Along with fellow Obsession teammates Kristaps Porzingis and Richardson, Hollis-Jefferson was one of just five rookies from the 2015 Draft class to have a positive Box Plus/Minus. Fellow hyphenated talents Karl-Anthony Towns and Willie Cauley-Stein rounds out that short list. He also joined Porzingis and Bobby Portis as three of the league’s nine players to average over five boards per game in their rookie campaigns.

With seasoned vets available at every position (Paul, Courtney Lee, DeMarre Carroll, Marvin Williams, Robin Lopez), there is no need to rush or overutilize the many young talents at the Lethal Obsession’s disposal. But with persistent player development, the upward trajectories of the team’s rookies (Kris Dunn, Ingram) and young players (Richardson, Kent Bazemore, Porzingis, Portis, Jonas Valanciunas, and now RHJ) will make it hard for coach Terry Stotts to keep these up-and-comers off the floor.

LETHAL OBSESSION

PG: Christopher Emmanuel Paul; Kristofer Michael Dunn

SG: Brandon Xavier Ingram; Joshua Micheal Richardson; Courtney Lee

SF: Kenneth Lamont Bazemore, Jr.; DeMarre LeEdrick Carroll; Rondae Jaquan Hollis-Jefferson

PF: Kristaps Porzingis; Marvin Gaye Williams, Jr.; Bobby Portis

C: Jonas Valanciunas; Robin Byron Lopez

HCIC: Terry Linn Stotts

Let’s not waste any more of @LucastheThird’s precious time! This Draft is wrapping up quite nicely!

~lw3

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lethalweapon3 said:

With the 214th pick in the final round of the Summer Dynasty Draft, the Lethal Obsession selects…

RHJ_GettyImages1.jpg

Well, I’m not so sure that’s a legitimate NBA move, Rondae Hollis-Jefferson (SF/SG, Age 21, 6’7”, 220 lbs.). But, I’ll tell you what. If this whole pro hoops thing doesn’t work out for you with us, the Harlem Globetrotters are just one borough over. You can literally Take the A Train!

More on this Net Positive in this space in a little while.

LETHAL OBSESSION

PG: Christopher Emmanuel Paul; Kristofer Michael Dunn

SG: Brandon Xavier Ingram; Joshua Micheal Richardson; Courtney Lee

SF: Kenneth Lamont Bazemore, Jr.; DeMarre LeEdrick Carroll; Rondae LaQuan Hollis-Jefferson

PF: Kristaps Porzingis; Marvin Gaye Williams, Jr.; Bobby Portis

C: Jonas Valanciunas; Robin Byron Lopez

HCIC: Terry Linn Stotts

Let’s not waste any more of @LucastheThird’s precious time! This Draft is wrapping up quite nicely!

~lw3

I have been wondering when someone would take this guy. He has a chance in Brooklyn and at this point in the draft players who will get minutes are a pretty good get.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Lance will probably sign with one of those NY teams and be an all defensive team candidate. That would be a Hawks fans nightmare!

That would be a Lethal Obsession fans' nightmare, too! #Porzingis #RHJ.

~lw3

• Like 1

• Moderators

You know what, @TheFuzz is the only Squawk GM left who needs to take a coach, and since he can't steal anyone from the rest of us, I figure it would be a great executive decision (by @AHF) to go ahead and let @JayBirdHawk's clock start, then AHF can take Fuzz's coach and final player (or save Fuzz's last player for the end of the draft, which would be fine, too). I trust she wouldn't mind.

~lw3

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

You know what, @TheFuzz is the only Squawk GM left who needs to take a coach, and since he can't steal anyone from the rest of us, I figure it would be a great executive decision (by @AHF) to go ahead and let @JayBirdHawk's clock start, then AHF can take Fuzz's coach and final player (or save Fuzz's last player for the end of the draft, which would be fine, too). I trust she wouldn't mind.

~lw3

I agree 100%. He has not been on since Aug. 8th, so waiting any time at all for him seems like overkill to say the least.

Edited by Buzzard

6 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

~lw3

I suggest Fizdale, Earl Watson or Scott Brooks...:-|

2 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Trying to pick my last player was somewhat difficult. They had to meet a few different criterions. First, I needed a guy who could play point guard if needed, because it's always smart to have an extra point guard, but at the same time I needed a guy who could get his if needed. I was also looking for somebody who was a veteran that could be a leader to my young squad that was getting a tad beat up in 2k. Without further adieu...

With the 212th pick in the dynasty draft, the Spudsters select:

JAMAL CRAWFORD

We are very pleased to add Jamal to our roster to play the point guard and shooting guard positions. Hard to understand how he hasn't been selected given the fact that he was the 6th man of the year last year as well as the only player having won that award 3 times in the history of the NBA. We understand that Alex is not a fan of Jamal because he was a Wolverine, nevertheless, welcome J Craw!

PG- Dennis Schröder/Tony Parker

SG- Devin Booker/Crawford/KCP

SF- Jimmy Butler/Stanley Johnson/Mario Hezonia

PF- Draymond Green/Gorgui Dieng/Dragan Bender

C- Andrew Bogut/ Tristan Thompson 

Coach: Billy Donovan

I like the Crawford pick a lot and I know Butler is playing SF this season; but looking at your team, Butler at SG and Johnson at SF would help you on the glass quite a bit. But what the hell do I know, I am ranked 13th lol.

43 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

Don't have any pictures to make my write-up look better.

Just going to select SETH CURRY before my phone dies on me.

@TheFuzz is on the clock for 2 hours unless we're bypassing his last pick.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

dammit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
Bobby-Knight-Throws-Chair-reduced_medium

That was gonna be my final pick. I was 90% sure noone would take him  :(
Back to the war room .. i guess 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I suggest Fizdale, Earl Watson or Scott Brooks...:-|

I would suggest someone with a similar name to this guy... assuming he's still available , because the draft summary hasn't been updated in a while.
im-your-huckleberry-o0aehf.jpg

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Diesel said:

With the next pick of the draft, the Atlanta Ganstaslappas select....

Joe Johnson - Jazzman. 

Image result for Joe Johnson Jazz

Sorry for the late.  I was waiting all day yesterday and nothing. 

The Utah natives are restless; and the Jazz are going all in on a playoff push this season with the three decent vets they added. JJ will help them with his experience. He is still one very cool dude under pressure.

Edited by Buzzard

2 hours ago, Buzzard said:

I like the Crawford pick a lot and I know Butler is playing SF this season; but looking at your team, Butler at SG and Johnson at SF would help you on the glass quite a bit. But what the hell do I know, I am ranked 13th lol.

I think you know a whole hell of a lot, specially when complimenting my team lol. :-)

This was a tough pick, I debated if I needed another C, but in this new Guard/Wing centric NBA I decided to pass, and I fugured Powell can play some minutes at C in a pinch. I've decided to add some insurance at the wing with a guy who can also play PG and run the offensive in a pinch.

So with my last and final pick in the most Boring'est Hawksquawk Fantasy Draft ever  the JayBird Lady Squawkers select:

ColderThanFire Atlanta's very own:

DeAndre' Bembry. 

The obligatory @TheFuzz is up.