• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Same Ole Falcons

PSSSHHHRRR87

The hideously ugly head of Kyle Shanahan has raised its stubborn horrible play calling again when we had to have it. Ryan on a sneak is a poor call anytime and short side of the field left on the ground didn't work most of the game. Brain pain right now. 

• Like 1

Didn't get to see the end of the game so I don't know what happened but damn, how did they lose this one

This is a loss where "same ole Falcons" definitely applies. Ryan had one of the best throws of his career on the deep pass to Julio, but he was looking like 2015 Ryan for the rest of the game. A mind-boggling interception, a few missed reads, and just short or behind all day long. The pass protection broke down as well (which has something to do with Ryan's struggles) and there were too many penalties. The defense really didn't perform worse than expected. They scored a TD and Alford made the play of his life on the pass at the end of regulation. Our rookies made some plays, but they were in position to make a few more key plays that they unfortunately weren't able to finish (or just didn't see in Neal's case on that potential INT). 

I love aggression, but I hated the call to go for it on that 4th down. You have to use your great punter in sudden death and trust that your defense can defend a long field regardless of their struggles. Especially considering our offense was struggling just as much in the 2nd half.

It's still a long season and we're leading a bad division, but losing at home to the Packers would be hard to recover from. Not looking forward to playing Rodgers in a somewhat desperate situation. It also sucks that we're playing yet another team with a long week to prepare. 

• Like 4

Falcons keep finding new ways to lose and sometimes the same thing, over and over.

Jones got held again and no call.  This is getting old.

These Birds couldn't make one yard with two tries, the couldn't possibly stop their opponent.

This was a great way to not win, wasn't it.  With a great passing QB and great receiving group,

we can't spread em out before we try to run?  WHY?  WHY?  WHY??

• Like 2

• Moderators
13 hours ago, Thomas said:

The hideously ugly head of Kyle Shanahan has raised its stubborn horrible play calling again when we had to have it. Ryan on a sneak is a poor call anytime and short side of the field left on the ground didn't work most of the game. Brain pain right now. 

Especially on 3rd and a long 1.   It wasn't inches.   That was poor.   I'm not going to deny i wanted them to go for it but the smart move is to punt.   This was my fear though.   We won the Seattle game and it got taken away from us.   Now we're sitting a 4-3.   That Seattle game could be a huge turning point in the season.    Yesterday we just gave one away.   

• Like 1

You know that if Julio played in the NBA he would be getting calls going his way left and right. He is that important to the league no doubt but we're talking about the No Fun League and it is really strange he ends up throwing his hands up in the air because the refs won't make an appropriate call. Yesterday had a lot more to it than that one play because we became the Chargers of fourth quarters this year in that game. Did what we could not to seal it. That field goal that was a foot wide would have helped too. 

• Like 3

• Moderators
14 hours ago, jy23 said:

Didn't get to see the end of the game so I don't know what happened but damn, how did they lose this one

Blew a 17-pt lead on bad playing call, mismanaging time, and going for it on 4th down on the wrong side of the 50 in OT.  Two games in a row that we can chalk up to coaching.  San Diego won because of the opposite reason... They possessed the ball for over 10 minutes in the 4th and ended it with the tying  points.  I hate when poor coaching loses us games because the players did well. Pass rush got sacks and pressured the QB, the run attack was running the ball exceptionally well, Julio got almost 200 yards, and Keanu Neal & the secondary had a great game.

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, Thomas said:

You know that if Julio played in the NBA he would be getting calls going his way left and right. He is that important to the league no doubt but we're talking about the No Fun League and it is really strange he ends up throwing his hands up in the air because of the refs won't make an appropriate call. Yesterday had a lot more to it than that one play because we became the Chargers of fourth quarters this year in that game. Did what we could not to seal it. That field goal that was a yard short would have helped as well. 

I was thinking Bosher tried the 55 yarders.  Did I dream that?    I won't complain about Bryant.  The guy is a great kicker and he about got that one.   

8 hours ago, macdaddy said:

I was thinking Bosher tried the 55 yarders.  Did I dream that?    I won't complain about Bryant.  The guy is a great kicker and he about got that one.   

Bryant kicked it and the accuracy was almost there. Bosher can definitely kick the heck out of it for distance but pretty sure his accuracy keeps him just for kickoffs when needed. Guess Bosher would have been the correct call but hindsight is of course 20/20.  

Didn't mean to blame Bryant. Just listed that field goal as one of the things that didn't work out in an earlier post. Don't actually remember Bosher kicking a field goal last year because we brought in Graham but do remember him on some kickoffs. The distance yesterday was good and we almost won the game on it. 

• Premium Member

If they had correctly called PI on Julio at the end of the game then Bryant would have had a chip shot FG and we win the game. Back to back games we get losses because the refs won't call blatant PI on Julio Jones. This was AT HOME and after the entire NFL media called out the refs for not calling PI the week before. THE WEEK BEFORE. I can't believe the refs did this a second time in the next game we played.

PI needs to be reviewed in the last two minutes of game like the other things they review. When a team can blatantly grab guys arms and keep them from catching the ball then what kind of validity do the rules even make?

• Like 3

Not that the NFL would ever try it but in the CFL you can throw a challenge flag if you think defensive interference was not called but should have been. They don't spend all day on the review so it does not actually slow the game down like you would think. Six and one sounds quite a bit better than four and three with Green Bay coming to town next weekend.   

Well time for my positives....Matt Ryan has erased all doubt about his ability to throw the deep ball. That pass to Julio in the second quarter was just beautiful. Then the lazer to Tamme right after that. Whatever he did in the offseason to strengthen his arm has really worked. 

Tevin Coleman is a player. There's not much he can't do. We already know how good free is but tevin shows me more and more every week. His top end speed makes him such a threat. 

Dont need to spend much time on Julio bc hes Julio. I've said on here for years that he's the best wideout in football. 

What I really loved tho was Vic. The kid is really showing how good he is and how good he can be. 2 sacks and another forced fumble that actually led to a touchdown. The kid is going to be special. And really the pass rush was coming from everywhere. And I see Grady in the backfield so much, he's just not making the play when he's back there. He'll eventually get it all together and those two will be a force for a long time.

Debo is a playmaker and I love that but he had a bad game and that's to be expected. He's a rookie and he and Campbell both made rookie mistakes. It happens, they'll learn 

• Moderators
6 hours ago, jy23 said:

Well time for my positives....Matt Ryan has erased all doubt about his ability to throw the deep ball. That pass to Julio in the second quarter was just beautiful. Then the lazer to Tamme right after that. Whatever he did in the offseason to strengthen his arm has really worked. 

Tevin Coleman is a player. There's not much he can't do. We already know how good free is but tevin shows me more and more every week. His top end speed makes him such a threat. 

Dont need to spend much time on Julio bc hes Julio. I've said on here for years that he's the best wideout in football. 

What I really loved tho was Vic. The kid is really showing how good he is and how good he can be. 2 sacks and another forced fumble that actually led to a touchdown. The kid is going to be special. And really the pass rush was coming from everywhere. And I see Grady in the backfield so much, he's just not making the play when he's back there. He'll eventually get it all together and those two will be a force for a long time.

Debo is a playmaker and I love that but he had a bad game and that's to be expected. He's a rookie and he and Campbell both made rookie mistakes. It happens, they'll learn 

Oh, no question the players did well.  Ryan is a better QB, our run game just eats up the yards, Keanu Neal & Beasley be great players for us for years to come.  Nobody is questioning the player's performances... There is a time to be aggressive and there is a time to be smart, Coach.