• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is Dennis ready to run this team?

bleachkit

vor 1 Stunde, Thomas sagte:

Our scheme will certainly be adjusted but as far as D8 not being able to shoot from the distance Al can I don't think it will be a negative effect on our spacing. Believe our spacing will improve because Dwight scores in the paint and grabs more rebounds than anyone else in the games he plays in. When the defense closes towards him someone will be wide open. Kyle will be very happy for example because we don't want him working extra hard to release some open threes and Dwight's presence should really help with that. Dwight will give us more opportunities to score as well. 

I am not sure if we are better off or not, but i would say it is different and that we need some time to adjust to get and use the open spaces now. This won't be the full season, but i would be surprised if everything is working from day one like we just change 1 player for me it is an change in the offensiv approach.

About Kyle i hope he is still running, he was the key 2 years ago, as a player who creates without even touching the ball - there was stats out there that he had as much off the ball attention then James and he was always on the moves which makes the defense move against there number one thread. Last year wasn't that strong for him, but him running through the d still makes the d worry because he can shoot even when he had to work for it and is not a stretcher who stands in the corner waiting for a pass.

Love Dennis' attitude and his effort on the defensive end is a dying art.  I just think his size and jumpshot are fatal flaws.  I fear his jumper is broken beyond repair.

I'm a big proponent of having an average-sized PG, around 6"3'', 200.  I'm more intrigued by watching how Jack fits in than Dennis assuming more responsibility.   

There are just too many things that guys like Barrera, Chris Paul, Collision, Jennings, Brooks, and Beverly can't accomplish on the floor, as evidenced by CP3's ungodly career PER with no Conference Final appearances to show for it.

Granted Dennis' wingspan  is likely much longer than any of them, demonstrably quicker than either, and rebounds harder than all of em.  Still, it's just way too easy to defend him at the rim or post him up.  When the playoffs slow down, get twice as physical, and closer to the basket, his returns diminish quickly.  With that said I still think he could outplay Irving in a series as a starter but his highest value to a contender is off the bench.

I would hope like hell Paul steps up and "runs" the team anyway so to answer the question, no.  The closer he draws to shooting 47 or 48%, the more optimism I'll have.

Edited by benhillboy

vor 2 Stunden, benhillboy sagte:

Love Dennis' attitude and his effort on the defensive end is a dying art.  I just think his size and jumpshot are fatal flaws.  I fear his jumper is broken beyond repair.

I'm a big proponent of having an average-sized PG, around 6"3'', 200.  I'm more intrigued by watching how Jack fits in than Dennis assuming more responsibility.   

There are just too many things that guys like Barrera, Chris Paul, Collision, Jennings, Brooks, and Beverly can't accomplish on the floor, as evidenced by CP3's ungodly career PER with no Conference Final appearances to show for it.

Granted Dennis' wingspan  is likely much longer than any of them, demonstrably quicker than either, and rebounds harder than all of em.  Still, it's just way too easy to defend him at the rim or post him up.  When the playoffs slow down, get twice as physical, and closer to the basket, his returns diminish quickly.  With that said I still think he could outplay Irving in a series as a starter but his highest value to a contender is off the bench.

I would hope like hell Paul steps up and "runs" the team anyway so to answer the question, no.  The closer he draws to shooting 47 or 48%, the more optimism I'll have.

At least you mentioned the length of his arms, right now i would say the people look more then the "real" height for the wingspan. Long arms mean you dribble lower, usually smaller people can change direktion easier etc.

As the stats show he is hard to defend at the rim, cause of his athletics and i would say speed and handly are more important for a guard to score inside ... Besides livingston i don't see any Point Guard who post up more regulary, which is indeed a weakness in Dennis game. (defensiv after rotation offensiv it is unimportant)

And sorry Paul is one of he best, the west is damn strong and he hadn't that strong team around him for a long time that he had to reach it. And when it is an weakness it is more a mental one, then a physical one.

On September 30, 2016 at 6:38 AM, bleachkit said:

The organization is handing Dennis the keys to the offense. I'm just not sure he's consistent and steady enough, night in and night out, to handle the job. Our team should be solid defensively, but we are going to be a mess on offense. Bud is going to have his hands full that's for sure.

This team will probably push .500.

Dennis struggled to shoot as a backup and so I can't see him being all that consistent as a starter.

• Premium Member

I really prefer Teague for this particular team, but what's done is done.  I'm still worried though since this season depends on his performance. Dennis' time as a starter when Teague was out with the ankle left a LOT to be desired. But that was last season. He's coming into this season knowing he's the guy, so I hope that helps him. 

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, CrazyEye said:

I believe he meant fast, not sure how you come from ignoratn to arrogant ;) Proadly he meant he is ignorant to better options.

A lot of people I know sometimes use ignorant in the place of arrogant and vice versa.

In his post, he said that if Dennis acted like he was the man he would be self centered which also goes hand in hand with an arrogant person which means someone who over weighs their self importance. 

Ignorant is more used for a lack of knowledge than being a hot head(not saying Dennis is one)

I'm not trying to be a know-it-all, just poking a little fun is all.

Edited by aali34

8 hours ago, BigDog90 said:

I believe he'll be fine. Breakout season. A lot of people underrating Delaney too.

That pic that shows Dwight,Tim, Dennis and Malcolm watching a Dream game show how skinny our points really are. Guess any point guard would look small next to Dwight. Just the same believe the weight room will be in their future a lot even if its just for durability purposes.