• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at 76ers

lethalweapon3

Much of why Dennis has been"under much more controll" is because it seems the gameplan included to stop forcefeeding Howard the ball. You could see some tries early, resulting in blocks and TO's but then they stopped doing that. Howard needs to include himself in to the equasion and adapt his game. But thus far I liked what I saw. In both games we eliminated their mayor weapons according to gameplan. And I dont think Washington is trash either. You have to force them in to turning in to trash.

• Like 3

Call me crazy, BUT:

Our starting five sure is different and will take quiet a few games to get all the gears to mesh smoothly.

Right now, the thing that makes me go, WOW!, is all the other Hawks who are coming off the bench.

In our last game, only #2, I know, every Hawk in uniform played.  They didn't look bad either.  Some had

been in and out of the game in the first three quarters and we didn't miss a beat.  In fact, if anything,

we played better when the bench players were mixed in with the starting five.

Then, in the 4th, with all five starters resting, the bench finished the game in style. 

• Like 4

Near the end of the game the dunk by Edy was really a quick one but looked so awkward it was kinda funny. Just amazing how everyone on the court looks like a kid when he is out there. Wonder how much he has to jump to touch the top of the backboard or will toe raises get that done. Seems like he could block a shot every two or three minutes he is on the floor.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Alex said:

Bazemore gets handed a nice contract and all of sudden he's awful.  I know it's 2 games, but he's been the worst player out there.  

Baze just needs to slow down. I don't want him thinking he has to play to his contract.

If i remember correctly, when he first became the starter last season, he was HORRIBLE in that first game. Then he settled in nicely. Let's hope he does the same again.

• Premium Member
30 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Baze just needs to slow down. I don't want him thinking he has to play to his contract.

If i remember correctly, when he first became the starter last season, he was HORRIBLE in that first game. Then he settled in nicely. Let's hope he does the same again.

Baze always runs hot and cold. He has had some terrible stretches each of the last two seasons... Hopefully he continues to improve and become more consistent on offense. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, QuantumHawkz said:

The funny thing is that for years the 2 major weakness of the Hawks was lack of rebounding and a rim protector  A.K.A a true center. The second was aggressive point guard play . Now they have both. It's about to get ugly for teams when they play the Hawks...... cause this is and for the first time a totally different Hawks team. The Woody era is now officially over.

Every player out there seems to have the killer instinct that we never see from Atlanta sports. Has been fun to watch so far.

• Like 1

D8 sounds really mature in all his comments since becoming a Hawk.  Here's some advice he had for Embiid.

http://www.csnphilly.com/philadelphia-76ers/dwight-howard-has-veteran-advice-joel-embiid?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo&yptr=yahoo

“I know he’s young and it’s something that I will talk to him about,” Howard said. “I’d just tell him, ‘Hey man, you’re going to have good games, you’re going to have bad games. Don’t allow that stuff to affect who you are. Don’t allow that to steal your joy.'"

I really hope the lightbulb's really gone off for Howard and that this isn't an elaborate act.  I say that because he's had nice comments in the past but eventually ended up being a little diva-ish.  Hope the HOU/LAL experiences have taught him to basically do exactly what he's advising Embiid to do.

• Admin
On 10/30/2016 at 11:01 AM, JayBirdHawk said:

Yes, he did the same thing last year ... he started out too fast and excited and trying to do to much and he quickly settled down.... Same thing this year ... he has a lot of energy and probably wants to prove himself ... he will settle into his role