• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Great Time to be a Hawks Fan

TheFuzz

• Premium Member

He's got a point. I hate to say it. But he does.

On the one hand, I'm really not sure we're actually playing anywhere near our peak level, and yet have played well enough to be at .750. We can take better care of the ball, obviously, and we're clearly still very much tinkering with how to run the offense incorporating D8 efficiently. The counterbalance is, I'm not sure how often we're going to be prone to playing more like we did in our two losses. Those were stinkers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alex said:

It's the second week of November.  Get back to me when it's the second week of May.  

I don't disagree with this, but it gets at only a portion of what I'm saying. We play an aesthetically pleasing, effective brand of basketball, we've got a lot of talent and smart people in charge. The stats will come.

• Like 2

• Moderators
9 hours ago, sturt said:

He's got a point. I hate to say it. But he does.

On the one hand, I'm really not sure we're actually playing anywhere near our peak level, and yet have played well enough to be at .750. We can take better care of the ball, obviously, and we're clearly still very much tinkering with how to run the offense incorporating D8 efficiently. The counterbalance is, I'm not sure how often we're going to be prone to playing more like we did in our two losses. Those were stinkers.

This is the NBA now though.   Every team has some stinkers.   Much more so than say 20 years ago IMO.    It used to be any team could win on any night.   Now it's any team could get blown out on any night.   The Lakers loss was concerning in that it exposed that a team of really talented scorers can beat us right now if they get hot.     We are still a jump shooting, system team but at least we have the potential to add other dimensions now and we know we can tighten up the defense.   We have defensive talent.

• Like 2

Love this thread. Every team has its ups and downs over the course of the season and this team is no exception. "The Miserables" will surely be out in full anonymous force after every loss and close win, but hopefully every long-suffering Hawks/Atlanta sports fan, including them when they log off,  can appreciate what we have with this team. 

Also, The National rules.

Edited by Dakin
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I think we should of signed Joe this off season. Utah got him for peanuts, but he can still play.

11 millions per year is peanuts for a 35 year old coming off a poor 2015\16 season?
Joe had a great season opener but he has'nt done anything since .Right now i'd  rather have Tim Hardaway Jr  .

Speaking of THJ,  think about how many of us wanted to cut/trade him during preseason. Now he's looking like 2009 Jamal Crawford 

• Like 3