• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Something we can all agree on... Glad we didn't max out Horford.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Just reading this article...

The Celtics are a plus-7 per 100 possessions with Horford on the court, but a minus-1.3 with him on the bench; an 8.3-point swing is a pretty big deal.

Horford can do a little bit of everything and is clearly impactful when you do a little number digging.

On the surface, though, a 6’10 big man on a $113 million contract averaging 15 & 6 is a little underwhelming, and that seems to be the basis of where the Horford criticism/snark comes from.

For reference: Horford only averaged 14.8 points in the Hawks-Cavs series last season, and grabbed 14 rebounds during the sweep. Fourteen rebounds in four games from a starter is pretty bad. From a big man — especially one as talented as Horford — it’s borderline absurd.

It’s also worth noting that in the six years Horford and Josh Smith played together, Horford averaged 10.7 shots per game with an 18.4 usage rate, while Smith averaged 14 shots per game with a 24.9 usage rate.

• Like 4

I'm not sure tbh. I love Dwight don't get me wrong. But as long as Bud stays with the shOts from the last seasons and due to him making no fitting trades on the wings I really don't know. 

Sometimes I think it could've been better to max Horford and get a good Back up who's simply there to work the boards. In other words: instead of having a D8 and a very  poor mans Horford in Moose it would've maybe been better to have Horford and a poor  mans Howard in whoever fits that term

7 minutes ago, StephenHawking said:

I'm not sure tbh. I love Dwight don't get me wrong. But as long as Bud stays with the shits from the last seasons and due to him making no fitting trades on the wings I really don't know. 

Sometimes I think it could've been better to max Horford and get a good Back up who's simply there to work the boards. In other words: instead of having a D8 and a very  poor mans Horford in Moose it would've maybe been better to have Horford and a poor  mans Howard in whoever fits that term

Man, that's a long time to have the sh*ts.

I disagree though with maxing Horford.  We've seen how that movie ends.

13 hours ago, StephenHawking said:

I'm not sure tbh. I love Dwight don't get me wrong. But as long as Bud stays with the shits from the last seasons and due to him making no fitting trades on the wings I really don't know. 

I disagree. Horford is not a max player, especially not a 5-year Bird's rights max. Howard's contract and performance per $ value is much better and doesn't lock us up for the long-term. If we had a poor man's Howard backing up Horford, then what would we do come playoff time again when we play the Cavs? Would we still start Horford to only get 14 rebounds in 4 games?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, AHF said:

There was no tension between Dwight and Al's contracts.  We could have signed Al to a max after signing Dwight and what we did offer Al was really close to a max.  He just wanted to leave.

Hey AHF I completely understand what you were saying but that was not what I was referring to. I was referring to posters talking about how we could've easily gotten a back up rebounder much cheaper than what we signed Dwight for  and that just is not true. Scrubs got the same contract almost as Dwight.

Am 21.12.2016 at 01:01 , Diesel sagte:

Just reading this article...

Dumb, dumb, dumb.  Im sure the article also mentions his 5.3 assists a game and that he has only 1.6 TO's "as the little bit of everything he does". Horford is worth that money to the right kind of teams playing the right kind of ball, because his skillset is rare and crisp as f***. I for one would have loved to see him next to Dwight for that money, because he brings all the things to the table both Dwight and Sap miss and vise versa.

But surely we are tapping in the dark because that guy at the point.

Edited by DS17Fanboy