• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Will Dwight stay as a Hawk or not? (Now that Hawks are in rebuild mode)

Spursfanpeacemaker

• Premium Member

If they only move Korver and keep the rest of the team we're still a good playoff team. I honestly don't know what the plan is at this point. If they trade Millsap and Thabo then I have to question why keep a 31 year old Dwight around for a rebuild around Dennis.

• Like 1

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, AHF said:

Korver being dealt doesn't change the complexion of this team.  Just one less flawed wing on the roster and the loss of our only good 3pt shooter.  That hurts our ability to space the floor but doesn't directionally change who we are.  Next steps will be more telling as to where we are going.

Korver for a future draft pick though seems like more to come.  If we're still trying to win now why ship him out for nothing in return?  Unless we're still in the business of doing favors for guys we like.  Which wouldn't surprise me. 

40 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Korver for a future draft pick though seems like more to come.  If we're still trying to win now why ship him out for nothing in return?  Unless we're still in the business of doing favors for guys we like.  Which wouldn't surprise me. 

How is a first rounder nothing?  Having him leave after this season and not getting squat is the definition of "nothing."

I'm going to miss Kyle for sentimental reasons but I think what we've lost in 3pt shooting we've gained in defense.  I don't see us as any better or worse of a team at this point.  

I think we can still win now as is, but I'm not Bud so who knows if this is just a single move or him lining up to make more.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Korver being dealt doesn't change the complexion of this team.  Just one less flawed wing on the roster and the loss of our only good 3pt shooter.  That hurts our ability to space the floor but doesn't directionally change who we are.  Next steps will be more telling as to where we are going.

I guess you hadn't also heard they are shopping Thabo as well then huh?

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

You should look at the numbers someone else already posted. We're significantly better this year without Korver than with him. Moving Korver opens up more minutes for our young guys and gets us a future first rounder for a guy that probably was not coming back to the team next season. That's what I call a win/win.

I agree, it's a win/win.

• Like 1

It really sucks we FINALLY get a legit center that is performing well and we may be blowing up our team. Howard is playing really well no attitude issues and he is finally home and we have the look like we are going blow up the team. What a pisser.

If we trade Millsap for future picks and no other decent players you know we are in tank mode. I feel bad for Howard if that is the case.

Edited by swanlee
  • Like 1

Technically trading Korver makes the team a little less white so yeah it does change the complexion of the team by a few shades...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

Technically trading Korver makes the team a little less white so yeah it does change the complexion of the team by a few shades...

Ummmmm Mods???? Oh wait....

@kg01 911 911

1 minute ago, Spursfanpeacemaker said:

I don't know if that's racist or not but good one.

Lol wtffffff that's hilarious.

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

You forget who we got in the deal!

drunk+dunleavy.jpg

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

He's here all week folks, and try the veal...

• Moderators
2 hours ago, AUhawksfan said:

How is a first rounder nothing?  Having him leave after this season and not getting squat is the definition of "nothing."

I'm going to miss Kyle for sentimental reasons but I think what we've lost in 3pt shooting we've gained in defense.  I don't see us as any better or worse of a team at this point.  

I think we can still win now as is, but I'm not Bud so who knows if this is just a single move or him lining up to make more.

It's nothing unless we turn it into something.  Hopefully that will happen this season by trading it but more than likely we will hang on to it like it's gold and draft a 12 minute a night backup PF.  That's nothing.