• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ryan Kelly signed for rest of season

Bankingitbig

• Premium Member
30 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Geez can we get some actual NBA players in here.   Ones that can shoot!   So Kelly is better than Scott now?   And what does Patterson bring to the team?   This is the most random collection of misfits and cast offs yet.   

i think whoever posted that Bud probably just wanted to have a full roster for practice purposes was on to something... there's no predicting when these guys actually get bought out, and so you go with some guys familiar with what you do until something else shakes out.

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 minute ago, sturt said:

i think whoever posted that Bud probably just wanted to have a full roster for practice purposes was on to something... there's no predicting when these guys actually get bought out, and so you go with some guys familiar with what you do until something else shakes out.

i hope this is the case.

I'd be more worried if they got a "2 year deal" much like Austin Daye did a few years back as that would symbolize for sure that they'd be here for the rest of the season even though that 2nd year is entirely non-guaranteed.  This.....this is more hope to just keep Dwight, Sap, and Thabo fresh on the sidelines while the rest of the team drills in practice.  Yea, hope, the most dangerous thing.

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, hazer said:

Fillers, just until the buyout casualties start dropping.

Interested in a bet as to whether we keep them or dump them and sign some exciting buyout casualty?  I am betting heavily on keep them.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, AHF said:

Interested in a bet as to whether we keep them or dump them and sign some exciting buyout casualty?  I am betting heavily on keep them.

Yes, I am...

5 minutes ago, Lurker said:

All that matters is attitude. If they have the Spursian way attitude, they're going to be kept! Doesn't matter if they're actually talented, the good attitude matters more!

I think we need to end all this Spurs talk.  They develop and find great players all the time.  The Hawks blow draft pick after draft pick and sign players to deals they don't deserve.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

Did we hurt ourselves now by extending a non-guaranteed year onto those contracts? I'm not sure. I'm inclined to think that all that actually happened is they're trapped in a commitment to play for us, but we can still release them tomorrow with no consequence.

True or false? Someone help me out. I'm sure I'm not the only one wondering.

3 hours ago, Dejay said:

The Falcons in the 4th quarter. The Hawks' front office. The Braves in October. Your local megachurch pastor. The only ones who could make thousands at a time yell 'Jesus Christ!!!' in one swoop...

raw

• Moderators
34 minutes ago, sturt said:

Did we hurt ourselves now by extending a non-guaranteed year onto those contracts? I'm not sure. I'm inclined to think that all that actually happened is they're trapped in a commitment to play for us, but we can still release them tomorrow with no consequence.

True or false? Someone help me out. I'm sure I'm not the only one wondering.

A nonguaranteed second year doesn't hurt us at all.  You are looking at this correctly.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, hazer said:

Yes, I am...

@hazer

Here is my proposal:

If we keep Patterson and Kelly for the rest of the season, I pick your avatar for as long as we are in the post-season.

If we dump either Patterson and Kelly and sign someone with any kind of sizzle (i.e., a player other teams are excited to see cut and competing for), you get to pick my avatar for as long as we are in the post-season.

Push:  Some scenario like we drop Patterson to resign Gary Neal.  We shake hands and cheer the Hawks in the post-season.

Only avatar constraints are normal forum rules regarding appropriateness for the site.

Fair?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AHF said:

@hazer

Here is my proposal:

If we keep Patterson and Kelly for the rest of the season, I pick your avatar for as long as we are in the post-season.

If we dump either Patterson and Kelly and sign someone with any kind of sizzle (i.e., a player other teams are excited to see cut and competing for), you get to pick my avatar for as long as we are in the post-season.

Push:  Some scenario like we drop Patterson to resign Gary Neal.  We shake hands and cheer the Hawks in the post-season.

Only avatar constraints are normal forum rules regarding appropriateness for the site.

Fair?

I'm rooting hard for @AHF on this one.  Hope @hazer goes down in flames. lol.  Or  is the other way around....whoever wins for dumping Lamar and Kelly...that's my guy.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm rooting hard for @AHF on this one.  Hope @hazer goes down in flames. lol.

That's ironic because I'm rooting hard for @hazer (if he takes the bet).  I'd love it if we signed someone much better than Patterson or Kelly and I'd happily wear my avatar of shame if Budcox pulls that one off.  I just strongly think it isn't likely.