• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

As one famous announcer said

TRW

35 minutes ago, JSmooooove said:

We just beat the top 2 teams in the East who are both battling to get home court. We also have been on a terrible stretch of basketball so of course this matters. Or did that long losing streak not mean anything either? 

Top 4 seeds get homecourt. At this point it's just the matter of staying healthy and experimenting different lineups before the playoffs. I know CLE doesn't care, they beat GS on their home floor game 7. BOS is cocky enough to think they can beat anybody.

ATL just need to keep winning. They aren't consistent.

6 minutes ago, BigDog90 said:

Right. Cavs thinking about playoffs.

Cavs are still trying to get the #1 seed, so these remaining regular season games matter to them.

The Cavs are a HORRIBLE defensive team.  That's their issue.  Their 3rd in offense, but 21st in defense.   A team like that hardly ever wins the title, let alone get out of the 2nd round of the playoffs.

Stats wise, we're the best defensive team in the East ( 4th ).   The next playoff team ( Chicago ), is 10th.

Toronto, from an Offensive ( 6th ) and Defensive ( 11th ) standpoint, is the most balanced.

Everyone else is flawed as hell.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

The Cavs are a HORRIBLE defensive team.  That's their issue.  Their 3rd in offense, but 21st in defense.   A team like that hardly ever wins the title, let alone get out of the 2nd round of the playoffs.

Stats wise, we're the best defensive team in the East ( 4th ).   The next playoff team ( Chicago ), is 10th.

Toronto, from an Offensive ( 6th ) and Defensive ( 11th ) standpoint, is the most balanced.

Everyone else is flawed as hell.

Thank you I've been putting this out there...if the Hawks offense can show up like these past 2 games we can clearly make some playoff noise ...however i have to disagree with one part ya see Clevelands defense hasn't been good since lebron returned. I'm almost 95% sure that the cavs have NOT had a high ranked or even average defense at all these last 2 years of making the playoffs and still getting to the NBA championship.

clearly lebron wills his team but the real problem is that the east is very terrible when it comes to offense in the playoffs and most teams are extremely inefficient....where as Lebrons high powered offenses lead by the big 3s he's been apart of simply overwhelms the east.

long story short lebron has went to 6 straight finals honestly more so cause of high powered offense with his big 3s than anything else ....the east just can't handle it. Which is why I'd love to see melo added to this same team cause our defense is the best in the east by a wide margin.

Update:

ok I see they were ranked 16,9,22 over the last 3 years in defense efficiency (including this season) which is way better than I thought as far as the previous two seasons...still I'd say cavs make it to finals at the very least.

Edited by JTB
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Love it when the Hawks win, but Selltics and Cavs are seriously overrated and the East is the worst it's been in 30 years. Toronto is the best team in the East and we will likely have them in the first round. These have been more of moral wins than anything. A bigger prize would've getting top 15 talent in a surprisingly deep NBA draft this year. We need talent, not first round exits, but we made the playoffs!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think a pretty big prize would be a chance to meet the Cavs in the playoffs this year which would mean we achieved a lot post season. If we could possibly get there don't see the Cavs dominating teams (us in particular) unless they drain tons of threes which of course is possible. Not expecting that scenario to occur but the Cavs have had some big losses as well as tight ones this time around.

I'd need to check on it, but I think the Cavs defense was better last season, although still not great.

I suspect they still make the finals but LeBron has a date with a worse beating than the 2014 finals. Like I said elsewhere, but softer here: The Cavaliers are not the early 2000's Lakers. They can and likely will play better, but that is not going to significantly change their defensive ability.

I checked...wow their defense has actually really regressed. Top 10 in defensive efficiency is good enough to be a legitimate finals contender. They've gone from top 10 to 22 or 23.

17 hours ago, JSmooooove said:

We just beat the top 2 teams in the East who are both battling to get home court. We also have been on a terrible stretch of basketball so of course this matters. Or did that long losing streak not mean anything either? 

The Hawks will be going home early in the playoffs while the Cavs will not.

Yes, this is probably the weakest of the three Cleveland Lebrons teams, but the results are going to be the same.

We go through this every year.

Current nbadraft.net mocks have us taking

18th - TJ Leaf ( UCLA ) . . . . . . . . NBA Comparison:  Nick Collison

31st - Jordan Bell ( Oregon ) . . . NBA Comparison:  Bo Outlaw

48th - Josh Hart ( Villanova ) . . . NBA Comparison:  no rating yet

DraftExpress.com

18th - Isaiah Hartenstein ( Zalgiris - Lithuania )

31st - Mathias Lessort ( Nanterre - France )

48th - L.J, Peak ( Georgetown )

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

DraftExpress.com

Draftexpress has us taking my man Ivan Rabb though.

12 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

DraftExpress.com

We don't actually have the 48th pick. It was traded in the deal to get Ersan.

13 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Nick is a nice guy and all but to me he is a decent utility player and really hoping for someone who can and does actually develop much more. Not impressed by a comparison to him in a deep draft. Planning for better.