• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dennis Schröder appreciation thread

StephenHawking

5 minutes ago, Diesel said:

It's funny... People say pass and create for other guys and all you hear is Dwight??

Game 4.    7 Guys in Double figures...  Team Shoots 44%... That's Hawks basketball. 

Game 5 .   4 Guys is Double Figures... Team shoots 41%...  That's not Hawks basketball.  

Bottom Line, we don't have the shooters to be in a shootout with anybody. So if we're going to rely on the two man game, they better have a team FG% above 48%.   The only way you do that is if the ball is touching a lot of hands on the offensive side.  It's that simple.  When we break down to the ISO game, we're getting our seats on the fishing boat.

It's also not Hawks basketball for Dwight to *********back it down in the post*********.

7 minutes ago, Diesel said:

It's funny... People say pass and create for other guys and all you hear is Dwight??

Game 4.    7 Guys in Double figures...  Team Shoots 44%... That's Hawks basketball. 

Game 5 .   4 Guys is Double Figures... Team shoots 41%...  That's not Hawks basketball.  

Bottom Line, we don't have the shooters to be in a shootout with anybody. So if we're going to rely on the two man game, they better have a team FG% above 48%.   The only way you do that is if the ball is touching a lot of hands on the offensive side.  It's that simple.  When we break down to the ISO game, we're getting our seats on the fishing boat.

I'm glad you pointed this out because these screams it's the damn shooting, or lack there of.

Bazemore took the same number of shots in games 4 and 5.  he was 5-12 in game 4, 3-12 in game 5.  He missed the same number of 3's in both games except he made 3 in game 4.

Hardaway made the same number of 3's in both games but he took twice as many,  5 vs 10.

Prince took 1 3 in game 4, he took 3 in game 5 missing all.

Calderon played 20 minutes scored 10 points in Game 4, played 10 minute scored 2 points and 1 assist in game 5.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm glad you pointed this out because these screams it's the damn shooting, or lack there of.

Bazemore took the same number of shots in games 4 and 5.  he was 5-12 in game 4, 3-12 in game 5.  He missed the same number of 3's in both games except he made 3 in game 4.

Hardaway made the same number of 3's in both games but he took twice as many,  5 vs 10.

Prince took 1 3 in game 4, he took 3 in game 5 missing all.

Calderon played 20 minutes scored 10 points in Game 4, played 10 minute scored 2 points and 1 assist in game 5.

Well, what it is not is some great defensive effort by the Wiz.   Getting guys the ball in their spot, in rhythym is an art.  In game 4, we had it.  Hell, in game 3, we had it.  We can have it again because the Wiz are not a defensive stopping team.  It's us and our ability to play as a team that dictates this.

15 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Well, what it is not is some great defensive effort by the Wiz.   Getting guys the ball in their spot, in rhythym is an art.  In game 4, we had it.  Hell, in game 3, we had it.  We can have it again because the Wiz are not a defensive stopping team.  It's us and our ability to play as a team that dictates this.

The
Looks
That
They
Had
Were
Fine.
They
Were
Just
Bricked.

Hardaway Jr bricked two RHYTHM open threes in the fourth. Bazemore looked like he was pressing and aimed the ball. Prince bricked two open threes in what had proved to be his spots in the previous four games, the corner and the wing.

Guys were in their spots. Quick making excuses for them.

Edited by Lurker
  • Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Jeff got to a pretty good place in the PG conversation.   However, Dennis has always been a me first guy.   That's why Westbrook is gone fishing and Harden is going to thesecond round.  That why without Lebron, Irving had Cleveland in the Lottery.  That's why Jason Kidd has a ring and Iverson don't.  That's why for all his greatness, Marbury never could make it in the NBA. Marbury played fulltime as a starter in this league for 9 season and only made it to the playoffs 3 seasons.  That's what happens when you have empty assists and a me first attitude.   Dennis has never played within Bud's offensive system.  People call that good??

Heresy! Starbury is a champion and deity in China. He literally has a statue over there. :laugh:

But seriously, some players never get a good supporting cast. That shouldn't diminish their individual greatness though. I'd take Westbrook, Iverson, and Starbury in a heartbeat.

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, hawkman said:

Heresy! Starbury is a champion and deity in China. He literally has a statue over there. :laugh:

But seriously, some players never get a good supporting cast. That shouldn't diminish their individual greatness though. I'd take Westbrook, Iverson, and Starbury in a heartbeat.

A good supporting cast?

At the time, Starbury was in Minnesota with Garnett (20+/12/6), Guggliotta (allstar), and Serbiak (3 pt gunner). 

They shipped Marbury out for a broken down Terrell Brandon and a first round pick. 

"With Marbury gone, Garnett went on to flourish, winning an MVP award, a championship later with the Celtics and a first-ballot ticket to the Naismith Memorial Hall of Fame in Springfield, Mass. Meanwhile, Marbury never approached Stockton when it came to toughness and mental makeup. He never came close to being a difference-maker at point guard. After he left Garnett, his career took a downward trajectory, hitting rock bottom when he landed with the Knicks after also playing in Phoenix."

5 hours ago, Vol4ever said:

Notice when Dennis puts up big numbers Hawks lose?  The second unit runs buds offense and gets the Hawks back in to the game.  Dennis has never run Buds system, he is a gunner and takes others out of the offense.

Not a Dennis fan.  He is no where near a top 3 PG in this league imo.

Fire away......

He is Reggie Jackson like.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, Diesel said:

A good supporting cast?

At the time, Starbury was in Minnesota with Garnett (20+/12/6), Guggliotta (allstar), and Serbiak (3 pt gunner). 

They shipped Marbury out for a broken down Terrell Brandon and a first round pick. 

"With Marbury gone, Garnett went on to flourish, winning an MVP award, a championship later with the Celtics and a first-ballot ticket to the Naismith Memorial Hall of Fame in Springfield, Mass. Meanwhile, Marbury never approached Stockton when it came to toughness and mental makeup. He never came close to being a difference-maker at point guard. After he left Garnett, his career took a downward trajectory, hitting rock bottom when he landed with the Knicks after also playing in Phoenix."

Not fair. That article is clearly biased against Marbury! :laugh:

Im not surprised and Ive been seeing the great potential in Dennis! He's playing good defense too I just wish he was stronger to fight through screens better but that will come as years past by Im sure as his body will mature. Anyways Dennis definitely can make all star game next year as a reserve no doubt.

Just like Ive been seeing the huge potential in Dennis, I also see it in THJ and Prince. Those 3 can be very good for the hawks for a very long time! Of course all have a different ceiling but all have a great chance at reaching high levels to contribute to the team and make impact.

The way I see it as the near future:

Dennis - For sure future All Star possible could be Superstar point guard in the NBA. Its really up to him, he obviously has the talent, the attitude, and the blazing speed to be a top 5 pg for many years in this league.

THJ - Solid impactful role player who will be recognized as good scorer as a starter and decent defender when he's locked in. May not reach the levels of all star consideration but I can see him being able to be a dependable scorer who will avg 16 - 19 points per game as him and Dennis gets use to each other in the backcourt season by season. However with all that said it wouldn't shock me at all if THJ was able to avg 20 points per game  efficiently in a break out season in the near future especially if the ball movement gets back to where it should be for the team consistently.

Prince- He's going to be an excellent defender I can already tell. He has the "junkyard dog" attitude with all the hustle plays and he's not afraid to attack the goal or cut to the basket and finish strong (he will only get better). I honestly need to see a full year of him starting before making a bold statement, however in the playoffs and the last ten games of the regular season he's surely looking like a keeper! Its hard to tell what his scoring avg will be or even make a prediction in my opinion BUT he looks like he too can avg around 15-18 points per game or even more once he fully understands buds system....what Im most confident in is his defense and rebounding ability. Prince has good defender for years to come written all over him and also see him being a good rebounder at the SF position for us grabbing 7 boards a night...Last but not least Prince may be able to play PF effectively in a small ball lineup.

To me Bud and staff have the pg, sg, sf positions locked up for the hawks, been saying this once we saw prince get more action late in the season. The pg and sf (Dennis & Prince) has all star ability I would say but of course we need to see more from them, that is just my confident prediction. With that said at some point these 3 will be without millsap and one of them (likely dennis) will have to be the anchor man. also dwight will not be the primary center once these 3 get into their prime ages around 26 or 27....therefore its very important Bud and Staff get an potential all star young big man to grow with these 3. Im holding out hope for Kentucky's BAM who's been said to look like Howard as far as looks go but to an extent he plays like a young howard and will be incredibly strong when he hits his prime in the nba. Whats different about BAM is that though he doesn't have the jumpshot down its absolutely not completely broken like howard's. BAM could come into the nba next season and be the next Dwight Howard but with a solid mid range. 

Most NBA mock's Ive looked at has us taking bam adebayo*

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, hawkman said:

Not fair. That article is clearly biased against Marbury! :laugh:

Starbury's career outside of China is biased against him.

Here is his career summary:

Have Starbury and struggle to win meaningful games.

Deal Starbury and immediately and meaningfully improve.

• Like 2

Been loving Dennis' play this postseason.  He recognized and slid hard over not one but two screens to stay in front of Wall that led to a stop in the second quarter I was like f&@k yeah boy.  Gortat out there playing left tackle and sh@t.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

@kg01 can you take this I got some shit (no pun) to handle..

20 hours ago, Thomas said:

Pins and needles here.

Ah man, I was on the road so I missed the moment.  I can't even think of anything clever.  I'm chokin' bigtime here.  I'm talkin' Raptor guards in the playoffs level chokin'.

17 hours ago, AHF said:

Starbury's career outside of China is biased against him.

Here is his career summary:

Have Starbury and struggle to win meaningful games.

Deal Starbury and immediately and meaningfully improve.

I think that's an unfairly simplistic way of looking at things although I fully acknowledge that, at times, Starb's biggest impediment to NBA success was himself.

12 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@DennisMike93 has a better A:TO ratio than any starting point guard in the playoffs except Rondo. (Dennis 4.5/1; Wall 2.7/1). Rondo 2g 5/1.

Thats excellent by Dennis and really pretty unexpected , kinda wild Rondo having an average like that as well after everything this year, though its only two games for him.