• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Our next GM oughta be...

4 hours ago, Watchman said:

Wilcox still has a job, just not GM now.  I'm ok that they didn't just throw him out on the street. 

He's probably set for life anyway.  He's terrible at his job and shouldn't have it any longer.  If you don't perform well at your job you get fired and rightfully so.  That's how the world works.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

I thought about Reef but im not so sure he's gonna be very good. Just my opinion. 

Yeah he worked for SAC I believe for a while and I can't say they have the best resume when it comes to team building.

Hawks may need to go the unconventional route like the Warriors/Lakers and hire an agent as GM.

• Like 1

• Moderators

One thing I like about Reef was he was among the first Kangz Kasualtiez under the new, post-Magoofs regime. He was assistant GM three GMs ago, under the longtime Sacto exec and decidedly anti-Vivek Geoff Petrie. In 2013, replacement GM Pete D'Alessandro arrived from Denver and stripped Reef of AGM duties, and of course now Pete D's back in Denver, Mullie's back at St. John's, taking Mitch Rich with him, and we're left with Vlade.

The demoted Reef remained in a player personnel director's role, but reportedly squabbled with Vivek's new front office (Pete D joining Mullin, Mitch Richmond and lame duck coach Mike Malone) during 2013 and 2014 Draft war room decisions, going so far as to walk out on the group on 2014 Draft Night. And can you blame him? Ben McLemore and Nik Stauskas, anyone? Pete D's crew probably mistook devil's advocacy with the devil incarnate.

Abdur-Rahim was also briefly in charge of GM'ing the Reno Bighorns, before Vivek turned the D-League outfit into Grinnell College West, and fielding the Kings' Summer League team, the 2014 version of which won the Vegas Summer League title. Reef was already on the outs by then and was officially released a couple months later.

It's likely that Reef's candidacy, were the Hawks looking in that direction, would not only be broad-brushed with tar by his failed tenure here under the Playoff Guarantee era, but also by the perceived mistakes made by the Vivekians (throw in Isaiah Thomas' 2014 departure from Sacto for good measure).

~lw3

• Like 4

Not advocating this at all but Kenny Smith has always been out there too...:-|

Also, Bird. It would be funny to see Bird working for the Hawks against Ainge and the Celts. 

Bring back Danny Ferry. He's already working around the league again as a consultant to the Pelicans. He'll be accepted. He works well with Bud, and understands the basketball philosophy that the team utilizes. It's a natural fit.

• Like 1

Before anyone asks 

Ressler said part-owner Grant Hill “gives us great input and will continue to, but I don’t think he has any interest in being president of basketball operations. Nor is he a candidate or whatever. He’s an owner, a friend and an adviser.”

• Moderators
1 hour ago, HawkItus said:

Before anyone asks: 

"Ressler said part-owner Grant Hill “gives us great input and will continue to, but I don’t think he has any interest in being president of basketball operations. Nor is he a candidate or whatever. He’s an owner, a friend and an adviser.”

Now, THAT's The Inside Stuff!

~lw3

• Like 1

SAR and Nique make Dumars look like the best candidate of all time! Hell I think I would take Lavar Ball over him and next to the kid who screwed up the abortion that allowed@kg01 to survive he's probably the biggest turd on the planet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Premium Member

I will take any Gm that can't be talked into keeping Muscala and Ryan Kelly.  And will also dedicate all of his resources to get us some young legitimate big men...There are several good prospects throughout the draft...Even at pick#31

• Like 3