• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

You're In Bad Hands with D8

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

But was he Driving Too Closely, Tho?

The incident happened Friday night, April 28, at about 2 a.m. when a Dunwoody Police officer saw a 2016 blue Audi rs7 followed by a black SUV traveling at 95 mph in a 65 mph zone on I-285 westbound at Ashford-Dunwoody Road, according to a police report.

The officer pulled the blue Audi over and the SUV stopped also. When the officer asked the driver of the blue Audi about the SUV, the driver, later identified as Dwight Howard, said it was being driven by his security guard. Howard told officer he played for the Atlanta Hawks and gave him his drivers license.

"But officer, do you not know who I think I am?"

The officer ran the drivers license and vehicle license through the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) and learned the vehicle had a suspended registration and no valid insurance, according to the police report. The officer also confirmed the information with state authorities.

“I returned to [Howard] and informed him that his vehicle had no insurance. He seemed confused and informed me he had insurance,” the police report states. “I asked him for a current insurance card which he could not provide. I informed him since no proof of insurance was available and NCIC stated he had none his vehicle would be towed.”

The officer wrote Howard a ticket for no insurance and gave him a verbal warning for speeding and suspended registration, according to the report.,,

The Washington Wizards beat the Atlanta Hawks April 28 at home to take the Hawks out of the playoffs.

http://www.reporternewspapers.net/2017/05/08/atlanta-hawks-dwight-howards-car-towed-dunwoody-no-insurance/

Among other tasks, someone needs to fire their "security guard."

If the times add up, he's "calling Tyrone" for a ride home in the middle of the night before an elimination game. Thank goodness he wasn't arrested (just a warning, for going 30 mph over the limit), I suppose?

~lw3

• Like 4

You know, no matter who becomes a Hawk via draft, trade or FA I always pull for them as a teammate but sometimes a cluster f... just can't get out of its own infatuated version of itself's way. Not in a position to blow his last stop before the diminishing returns absolutely drown him so wake up Dwight. No mistakes off the court are affordable at this stage in your career. Guess I'm back to where I was a year ago on Dwight. Just foolish crap.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Thomas said:

You know, no matter who becomes a Hawk via draft, trade or FA I always pull for them as a teammate but sometimes a cluster f... just can't get out of its own infatuated version of itself's way. Not in a position to blow his last stop before the diminishing returns absolutely drown him so wake up Dwight. No mistakes off the court are affordable at this stage in your career. Guess I'm back to where I was a year ago on Dwight. Just foolish crap.  

Yeah, I've given Dwight the benefit of the doubt but this is the kind of stuff you should have a handle on.

He's going to need a renewed focus.  I think he needs one of those offseasons where he does more mental/spiritual work than physical.  He needs his mind right for a full season.  

This guy is having a hard time realizing he isn't the same Dwight as when he was younger.  He can definitely still contribute but needs to realize his role and not let his head get so big.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, AUhawksfan said:

Yeah, I've given Dwight the benefit of the doubt but this is the kind of stuff you should have a handle on.

He's going to need a renewed focus.  I think he needs one of those offseasons where he does more mental/spiritual work than physical.  He needs his mind right for a full season.  

This guy is having a hard time realizing he isn't the same Dwight as when he was younger.  He can definitely still contribute but needs to realize his role and not let his head get so big.

He just needs to work hard during the off season to become a more complete player.  Definitely needs to work on moving the ball instead of being a black hole on offense.

• Like 3

Dwight gives ridin round gittin it a whole new meaning...:-/

Damnit Dwight I thought you had a driver. Might be beneficial. You can afford it, and you can sit in the back and check out film and scout other players for next season...

Ah who am I kidding....Dwight being Dwight I guess...on the other hand, people make mistakes..try and learn from it.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Dolfan23 said:

Sounds like profiling to me. I mean are we go believe another cop who claims to be pulling over a vehicle that just happens to be going 95 mph?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely.  No doubt had to be profiling.........

• Moderators

I think I found just the guy who could bend Dwight's ear about reckless driving in the ATL.

IMG_3660-500x333.jpg

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/155971/Johnson-fractures-spine-but-full-recovery-expected

Still hooping, by the way... he's in Ice Cube's Big 3 league this summer!

https://sports.vice.com/en_us/article/dermarr-johnson-is-alive-and-well-and-dominating

I'd also ask Dwight when his dude Shawty Lo's next mixtape comes out.

~lw3

• Moderators

Apples-and-oranges (or rotten bananas, if you will), but comparing Scottie's after-sunrise cruise through rural Banks County with Dwight's moonlit drive around the Perimeter Expressway (also known locally as "Pascual Perez Drive"... that's a joke, son!) is a sketchy proposition.

Dunwoody, where Dwight got rightfully busted, is nobody's idea of a racial Shangri-La, true. They're only recently a stand-alone city (2008) after breaking out from under the exclusive thumb of DeKalb County's long-corrupt but now predominantly-black governance.

But unlike Banks County, whose sheriff's department feels a need to bankroll their coffers with assets forfeited from People Who Likely Can't Afford Decent Lawyers (profiling), Dunwoody is swimming in so much cash, from development and pricey housing alone, that their county sheriff apparently spends his late nights perusing the city of Atlanta's wonderful parks system.

Dwight also found probably the only time of day/night where one can go 30 mph over the speed limit in that stretch of 285, were one so foolishly inclined.

~lw3

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Dolfan23 said:

Sounds like profiling to me. I mean are we go believe another cop who claims to be pulling over a vehicle that just happens to be going 95 mph?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're comparing apples to deck chairs clearly so I gave you a 'dislike'.

On a semi-related note, if you want to speed in Atlanta go out on I-20.  I hit 125 going out past Stonecrest years ago.  No cops in site.

I also was speeding going out towards Athens on 138 once.  Cop got me going 81 in what had to have been a 55 zone.

He asked me if I wanted him to check his gear for calibration or something.  I was like, 'uh, yeah'.  He did and when he came back he told me he found an error in his gun and I was free to go.

I thought I was gonna die that night.  Figured he'd report I was eluding arrest or something and just mow me down.  I still don't know what exactly happened but I won't drive that stretch of 138 anymore.

Cool story, bro

Pretty cool car (from Car and Driver):

"There are no changes to the 2016 RS7's powertrain, which is very much okay with us. This monster still features a twin-turbocharged 4.0-liter V-8 that cranks out 560 horsepower at 5700 rpm and 516 lb-ft of torque at 1750 rpm.  Top speed is governed at 190 mph, and the sprint from 0 to 60 mph should take 3.4 seconds"

Edited by DJlaysitup
typo
  • Like 2

People need car insurance because they do not have the money to pay for damages and/or injuries of another person(s) in the event of a wreck, which is why it is required by law.. But seeing as Dwight is very rich, he does not need insurance, he can just pay out of pocket if anything happens. 

• Moderators
On 5/10/2017 at 0:10 AM, bleachkit said:

People need car insurance because they do not have the money to pay for damages and/or injuries of another person(s) in the event of a wreck, which is why it is required by law.. But seeing as Dwight is very rich, he does not need insurance, he can just pay out of pocket if anything happens. 

That's not really true.   If an unninsured Dwight hits someone and lets say does $25,000 of damage then the other motorist's insurance company will be required to cover the cost under the uninsured motorist coverage because Dwight has no insurance even though it was his fault.   This adversely affects that person's claims history (although not that much).   Then the company will probably sue Dwight to get their money back but that will incur a lot of legal fees.   All this driving up the cost of insurance for everyone.   

Change that scenario to Dwight killing or seriously injuring someone with his uninsured car then you've got a legal case costing hundreds of thousands and stretching out for years.   All because Dwight couldn't hire someone to pay his bills for him.  

• Like 1

I wait for some other driver to lead the speeding charge (plenty of them in the city) and I'll get behind them and ride those coattails.

There is maybe one spot that I feel like you can safely speed:  I-20E heading into the city where they slow it down to like 50mph for a stretch.  I remember a ton of cops setup for like a week pulling people over left and right.  I think they probably got so busy and tired of pulling people over they said "eff that, I got other things to do."  Haven't seen that since and people are always going 70-80 through there.

• Moderators