• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2018 draft

bleachkit

55 minutes ago, CP61 said:

Giannis was always meant to be a Hawk. I hope the bucks organization crashes and he has to jump ship. Speaking of Giannis, I’m watching his brother at Dayton on ESPNU right now. He looks the part but he’s not even close to what I’d expect.

Actually Kostas actually flashes because he’s so dang long. Just the chance that he could be close to his brother is just so enticing.

On 11/15/2017 at 7:51 AM, CP61 said:

I’m quickly becoming team Ayton. I at least think he’s going #1 overall. He checks all the boxes teams seem to look for in a number one pick. I love Doncic, and I think if he becomes an elite shooter he can be the number one guy on a team. Ayton is just huge and looks the part of the ideal nba center

Ayton is my lottery pick right now too. I'm drooling over a fantasy lineup of Menace, Klay, Fresh Printz, The Baptist, and Ayton for 2019.

3 hours ago, CP61 said:

Giannis was always meant to be a Hawk. I hope the bucks organization crashes and he has to jump ship. Speaking of Giannis, I’m watching his brother at Dayton on ESPNU right now. He looks the part but he’s not even close to what I’d expect.

Missing the Grik Frik by 1 pick is still too painful for me to discuss. Move along please :bang:

19 minutes ago, hazer said:

Ayton put up 18pts 10 rebs and 3 asts in his 3rd college game tonight. Averaging 19/13 so far, 7’1” 260lbs.

He only scored 2 points in the first half too. I can’t wait to see the cut up of that second half. 

Seeing him against someone actually close to his size is something I really look forward to. Every time I see him standing next to the players on these cupcake teams it barely looks real.

DED86AFA-9A1A-459B-825B-4D46964EC69A.jpeg

1298345D-776B-4718-B89B-F8474764CAF2.jpeg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CP61 said:

He only scored 2 points in the first half too. I can’t wait to see the cut up of that second half. 

Seeing him against someone actually close to his size is something I really look forward to. Every time I see him standing next to the players on these cupcake teams it barely looks real.

DED86AFA-9A1A-459B-825B-4D46964EC69A.jpeg

1298345D-776B-4718-B89B-F8474764CAF2.jpeg

Yeah, the 7’6” wingspan, 9’3” standing reach, 44” vertical, speed/fluidity, shooting touch, etc are awesome and may end up being generational. We shall see against better teams, the jury is still out on that but I’m stoked about it.

Edited by hazer

If he does rise to the challenge against better competition, a front court of Fresh Printz, John the Baptist, and Deevy Ayton could be very scary. Again, I’m stoked to see how he fares against the stout teams and will contain my excitement until he shows out.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, DBac said:

This guy is electric 

That kid has some stuff he needs to work on, but he's got aggression.  He's got that dawg in him.  This is a player you aren't going to have to worry about the coaches pushing him.  He's a self starter who plays to win.  

Elite first step.  Above average athleticism.  Can elevated off one foot.  Developing into a solid jump shooter.  Will get after it defensively even though he is relatively clueless on defense right now.  Can he direct and lead without shooting?  

Atlanta would be MUCH better off winning some games and being in a position to draft this kid than they would be to reach on the more hyped freshmen who aren't as good but will go higher because of their hype.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KB21 said:

That kid has some stuff he needs to work on, but he's got aggression.  He's got that dawg in him.  This is a player you aren't going to have to worry about the coaches pushing him.  He's a self starter who plays to win.  

Elite first step.  Above average athleticism.  Can elevated off one foot.  Developing into a solid jump shooter.  Will get after it defensively even though he is relatively clueless on defense right now.  Can he direct and lead without shooting?  

Atlanta would be MUCH better off winning some games and being in a position to draft this kid than they would be to reach on the more hyped freshmen who aren't as good but will go higher because of their hype.

When I look at him I just can't help but think he's exactly the kind of athlete that would make people want to come to Hawks games. He's from Atlanta too. Kinda reminds me of Cam Newton with all that energy and flashiness.

31 minutes ago, DBac said:

When I look at him I just can't help but think he's exactly the kind of athlete that would make people want to come to Hawks games. He's from Atlanta too. Kinda reminds me of Cam Newton with all that energy and flashiness.

Hopefully he isn't the front runner that Scam is.

• Like 1

On 11/18/2017 at 11:26 AM, KB21 said:

I really like Sexton. If Schlenk and Bud think he’d be a star here then I’m all aboard getting the local kid. I’d like to move Dennis if we did fall in love with Sexton though. If he averages 20 this year I’m sure someone would give up a nice pick for him, possibly a pick that can be used to pair Sexton with one of the consensus top guys.

14 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Thanks!  I'm still on team Bamba if the Hawks have to select a big man.  The defensive skills he already has can not be taught.  You can also see great improvement in his offensive game.

Offensive improvement is the key for me being happy with Bamba in the to 3. He is so long it looks unnatural, and his defense would hopefully pair him nicely with John Collins. I’d still much rather have Ayton because I don’t think a defensive focused center is a good centerpiece of a franchise. He’d be a great piece of the puzzle though. 

Some guys for the draft, potentially, that I really like:

Miles Bridges, combo forward, Michigan State

Robert Williams, center, Texas A&M

Lamar Peters, point guard, Mississippi State

DeAnthony Melton, combo guard, USC

Mikal Bridges, small forward, Villanova

Vincent Edwards, small forward, Purdue