• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2018 draft

bleachkit

35 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Drafting Wendell Carter w/ a top 5 pick has Shellhead written all over it. Bud would make Bagley/Ayton/Doncic/Porter Jr. offensive juggernauts. Not sure about Bamba offensively but his defense is legit. He is #5 on my list thus far.

Oh yeah I wouldn't take him top 5 either. Just saying in terms of the duke big prospects.

I see some are still getting blinded by flashes from Bagley.  There's no substance to his game though.  He can't shoot from the perimeter.  He can't go to his right.  He has poor defensive awareness.  Really, his greatest traits are his athleticism and the fact that his motor is always running.  The kid has A LONG way to go before he can contribute on a NBA team.  The skill level simply isn't there.

https://twitter.com/Eurohoopsnet/status/934148703442661378

You can't teach this kind of court vision.  His overall skill level and basketball IQ is far above any other prospect in this draft.  He's easily the #1 overall guy.  The pairing of Doncic with Markkanen in Chicago could be deadily long term.

Give me Luka Doncic this year and Luka Samanic next year.

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

You can't teach this kind of court vision.  His overall skill level and basketball IQ is far above any other prospect in this draft.  He's easily the #1 overall guy.  The pairing of Doncic with Markkanen in Chicago could be deadily long term.

Give me Luka Doncic this year and Luka Samanic next year.

Sheesh I had to watch that pass a couple times to see exactly what went down. It really was a laser.

Okay, so out of the top 5 guys this year, nobody has disappointed me yet. Porter not playing means he won’t get the chance to, but the other guys all look pretty darn good. Sure they all have strengths and weaknesses, but they aren’t stuff we didn’t know about. I guess what I’m saying is nobody is lowering there stock and they all have serious flashes of number one overall picks. Good stuff.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, KB21 said:

You can't teach this kind of court vision.  His overall skill level and basketball IQ is far above any other prospect in this draft. 

He does. But athletically, he defends similar to Kyle Korver. Doesn't cover much ground. No matter how smart he is, he will be limited due to that alone. What you just stated, is why he's a top 5 prospects. What I stated is why he won't be drafted in the top 3 or even top 4. I am not sure Atlanta if at 4 would pass on Porter Jr. for Doncic. Porter has a much higher ceiling and most of his abilities translate. In the NBA, not translating athletically isn't a big deal or a killer but at SG, it is if your goal is to be a superstar. The best he could be a better passing Drazen Petrovic. 

I just watched Alabama lose their entire bench, lose 2 guys to fouls/injuries, and outscore #14 Minnesota 3v5 for 8 minutes led by Collin Sexton dropping 40 on good efficiency. Giving his all until the last whistle. They actually brought it from down 15 to down 3.

So he has permanent space in my top 3 and he's probably my personal favorite prospect now.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

He does. But athletically, he defends similar to Kyle Korver. Doesn't cover much ground. No matter how smart he is, he will be limited due to that alone. What you just stated, is why he's a top 5 prospects. What I stated is why he won't be drafted in the top 3 or even top 4. I am not sure Atlanta if at 4 would pass on Porter Jr. for Doncic. Porter has a much higher ceiling and most of his abilities translate. In the NBA, not translating athletically isn't a big deal or a killer but at SG, it is if your goal is to be a superstar. The best he could be a better passing Drazen Petrovic. 

You don't value actual basketball ability though.  You value hype.  

This is what I posted a while back about The Young Bull:  

It's time to establish the law firm of Sexton and Collins.  This is the player I want.  You would never see DeAndre Ayton give the effort that Collin Sexton gave in that game tonight.  

6 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I'm sorry but considering Porter Jr a top prospect with a back injury is absolutely laughable. I am not messing with a back or shoulder even if their potential is LeBron James 2.0.

Yeah especially in a near 7 footer. It would take one hell of a medical clearance.

57 minutes ago, KB21 said:

You don't value actual basketball ability though.  You value hype.  

I value talent, tools, skills, BBIQ, feel for the game, speed, athleticism, drive, hustle, measurables, coordination, etc. I value it all. I don't overly value nothing. I do however look at the ability for the position. It's far more impressive for KP to be doing what he's doing at 7'3 than at 6'11. At 6'11, he's a 15-20 pick who has good stretch forward potential but too skinny for full time starts. At 7'3, he's a unicorn. No one can guard him on this planet. 

I don't see it with Doncic. I see a supremely skilled player who blessed with natural ability. If I didn't, wouldn't think he's a top-tier prospect, to begin with. But I don't see future NBA superstar. I see a potentially great offensive player. Not a two-way NBA player. He just doesn't have the athletic ability or the tools. For all you can say about Bamba, he is superior to prospects like Gobert at the same age. It's not even close. He's an anomaly. A unicorn of sorts. Players with those tools move like Ajinca. Not like Chuck Hayes. He moves like Hayes but 5 inches taller, much longer and with a superior shooting touch. That's insane. Bamba isn't a normal prospect, he's a unicorn. KP was one, as a prospect, I wasn't convinced he would be good by his 3rd year in the NBA. He's now one of the best players in the league. The NBA is a sport of the super freaks. I am sure Doncic is a freak offensively but I don't know if that entices me. Being a European Pistol Pete won't win you ish in the NBA. 

Edited by NBASupes

26 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I'm sorry but considering Porter Jr a top prospect with a back injury is absolutely laughable. I am not messing with a back or shoulder even if their potential is LeBron James 2.0.

He's clearly one. Why wouldn't he be? This is the same surgery P.J. Tucker had which he came back from about 2 months. Porter should be fine. I am certain he could come back but they are likely going to shut him down for the sake of his pro prospects. 

On 11/24/2017 at 7:15 PM, marco102 said:

If Bamba gets to 20  - 22 ppg he should be the number 1 pick because he'll be the best two way center in the game.

Doncic actually is that good.  He's just not flashy, but he's very savvy. 

Marvin Bagley is looking really raw in the Duke vs Texas game.  I need to see more skill out of him.

Doncic is that good if good is potentially elite offensively. Pistol Pete like. But if good is one of the best players in the NBA, I don't see how it can be Doncic? Ayton, Bagley, and Bamba have everything needed to be elite on both sides of the court. How could you pass on that for someone one way like Doncic who isn't even a supreme talent like Porter Jr. who's also very skilled. Just not Doncic skilled. 

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Doncic is that good if good is potentially elite offensively. Pistol Pete like. But if good is one of the best players in the NBA, I don't see how it can be Doncic? Ayton, Bagley, and Bamba have everything needed to be elite on both sides of the court. How could you pass on that for someone one way like Doncic who isn't even a supreme talent like Porter Jr. who's also very skilled. Just not Doncic skilled. 

Cool.  I still have Doncic in my top 3 and you don't.  Either way, I'll be happy if the Hawks select anyone in the top 5.

I'm really hoping some weird way Houston gets us the 4th pick this year and Porter falls to 15 (Minnesota's pick).

Ayton, Doncic, Porter jr.  I know that will never happen, but I'm sure Phillips would at capacity all of next year if that happens...lol

Collin Sexton oh my goodness. That’s special. I’m still not down for a PG as long as Dennis is here. Not that I don’t think Sexton is better, but I think it’s better for the Hawks to go with another position as long as the prospect is still really good. And I’d say the only guys I would take over him even with Dennis here are the consensus top 5. Maybe not even Bamba.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, CP61 said:

Collin Sexton oh my goodness. That’s special. I’m still not down for a PG as long as Dennis is here. Not that I don’t think Sexton is better, but I think it’s better for the Hawks to go with another position as long as the prospect is still really good. And I’d say the only guys I would take over him even with Dennis here are the consensus top 5. Maybe not even Bamba.

Ya know what? After watching the whole thing, I’d be happy to have him with any pick.