• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2018 draft

bleachkit

JJJ has through the roof potential.  It would be awesome to see him stay at MSU for at least two years, but that isn’t happening.  Offensively he’s behind the curve.  He clearly relied on athleticism to dominate high school.  Now that the level of play has gone up he’s looked mostly bad on offense.  Had some nice moments, but definitely has a lot of work to do.  Great rebounder and has amazing anticipation and understanding of where the ball is going to bounce.  He’s fun to watch when someone fails to box out and the ball is just off the rim for a put back.

Defense is miles ahead of offense right now and there’s nothing wrong with that.  That great anticipation is probably even more prevalent on the defensive end.  Elite shot blocker, but sometimes going for the highlight reel rejection is the wrong play.  He’ll learn to play better defense, but now his mistakes or his teammates mistakes can be erased at the rim.  His superior athletic ability, length, and inital jump make up for a lack of experience.  He’s raw overall, but has more of a solid base than some other kids.  As long as he continues to buy in he will be a FOY candidate.

39 minutes ago, Alex said:

JJJ has through the roof potential.  It would be awesome to see him stay at MSU for at least two years, but that isn’t happening.  Offensively he’s behind the curve.  He clearly relied on athleticism to dominate high school.  Now that the level of play has gone up he’s looked mostly bad on offense.  Had some nice moments, but definitely has a lot of work to do.  Great rebounder and has amazing anticipation and understanding of where the ball is going to bounce.  He’s fun to watch when someone fails to box out and the ball is just off the rim for a put back.

Defense is miles ahead of offense right now and there’s nothing wrong with that.  That great anticipation is probably even more prevalent on the defensive end.  Elite shot blocker, but sometimes going for the highlight reel rejection is the wrong play.  He’ll learn to play better defense, but now his mistakes or his teammates mistakes can be erased at the rim.  His superior athletic ability, length, and inital jump make up for a lack of experience.  He’s raw overall, but has more of a solid base than some other kids.  As long as he continues to buy in he will be a FOY candidate.

IMO, Jackson's jumper is more translatable to the NBA than either Bagley's or Ayton's.  He's already better defensively than both.  

9 hours ago, KB21 said:

IMO, Jackson's jumper is more translatable to the NBA than either Bagley's or Ayton's.  He's already better defensively than both.  

No it's not. It's not even close. Jackson jumper has a weird form. He might need to work on some of the kinks. Bamba has the best form. Ayton is a flat-footed shooter. But he's a center so it's whatever but all of these players need to work on their shot. 

9 hours ago, CP61 said:

I just watched the Oklahoma USC game. Trae Young is a much better floor general than I thought. He’s a hell of a passer and shooter. I really like the kid, but he’s not going to be there for us to take with the non lottery firsts.

Is this site moving slow for everyone else this AM?

Yeah.  I take back my earlier comment stating that we might already have Trae Young on the roster in Tyler Dorsey.  NOPE!!!  I was dead ass wrong!!

Playing the comparison game is dangerous, but you are lying to yourself if you don't see some Steph Curry in this kid's game.  

He's going to be very polarizing as to where to put him in the draft.  He's too small, not athletic enough....blah, blah, blah......but he is a dead on shooter who is also an elite passer.  The skill level is clearly elite even if the physical tools are average.  His athletic profile and skill set is very similar to Steph's coming out of Davidson.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Yeah.  I take back my earlier comment stating that we might already have Trae Young on the roster in Tyler Dorsey.  NOPE!!!  I was dead ass wrong!!

Playing the comparison game is dangerous, but you are lying to yourself if you don't see some Steph Curry in this kid's game.  

He's going to be very polarizing as to where to put him in the draft.  He's too small, not athletic enough....blah, blah, blah......but he is a dead on shooter who is also an elite passer.  The skill level is clearly elite even if the physical tools are average.  His athletic profile and skill set is very similar to Steph's coming out of Davidson.

I didn’t want to throw the Curry comp out there yet, but I mean I can see it. I could see Schlenk seeing some of Curry in him and trying to get him. I know he’s obviously a huge riser in the draft process, but I do hope he falls far enough so we could get another top guy and Young with a trade up. I know you’d go crazy for Doncic and him.

12 minutes ago, CP61 said:

I didn’t want to throw the Curry comp out there yet, but I mean I can see it. I could see Schlenk seeing some of Curry in him and trying to get him. I know he’s obviously a huge riser in the draft process, but I do hope he falls far enough so we could get another top guy and Young with a trade up. I know you’d go crazy for Doncic and him.

It all depends upon where Young ends up in the draft, but I could see Travis trying to match up Young and Porter Jr as his two main shooters.  NBADraft.net has Young going 17th right now, but I can see him sneaking into the lottery before the draft rolls around.  

8 minutes ago, KB21 said:

It all depends upon where Young ends up in the draft, but I could see Travis trying to match up Young and Porter Jr as his two main shooters.  NBADraft.net has Young going 17th right now, but I can see him sneaking into the lottery before the draft rolls around.  

I know it’s not even close to an exact science, but I was looking at some trade value charts that have been put together and, if the rockets and twolves finish where they are now. We should be able too move up into the last couple lottery picks 

10 hours ago, KB21 said:

His skill level isn't elite. He's not polished. He's just very talented and skilled. He needs to be elite in one of the areas to be effective in the NBA given his physical profile. No position has a larger gap in the NBA from college as PG. The level of responsibility and competition makes the transition insane. 

Edited by NBASupes

5 hours ago, KB21 said:

Just so no one can say that I'm just the "young player hater" who is picking on the guy:

https://twitter.com/Mike_Schmitz/status/939580270012858369

You are a hater on Bagley. Even he said, he has the feet to be a plus defender. You denied he had that. Bagley like all prospects in this class is not without flaw. This isn't the 80's and early 90's, all of these prospects have flaws that hamper their NBA readiness since they are usually 19 and 20 instead of 21 and 22. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

You are a hater on Bagley. Even he said, he has the feet to be a plus defender. You denied he had that. Bagley like all prospects in this class is not without flaw. This isn't the 80's and early 90's, all of these prospects have flaws that hamper their NBA readiness since they are usually 19 and 20 instead of 21 and 22. 

Correction.   He said he has the feet to be a plus PERIMETER defender.  The problem is, the feet to do it is his only defensive positive at this time. 

So, if all of these prospects are flawed, why are we tanking to get one?

15 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Correction.   He said he has the feet to be a plus PERIMETER defender.  The problem is, the feet to do it is his only defensive positive at this time. 

So, if all of these prospects are flawed, why are we tanking to get one?

Once again, because when they develop, they can be special. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Once again, because when they develop, they can be special. 

........and in the meantime while said player is developing, the Hawks continue to lose games.  

So tell me.  Will this lottery pick be in his second contract before he develops?