• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2018 draft

bleachkit

I'm really going to have to watch this kid going forward.  He's putting up great numbers, and the thing with that is they aren't empty numbers.  He's leading his team to wins.  Tonight, he didn't shoot the ball great.  He was 9 of 22 from the floor and 4 of 11 from three point.  He stills scores 29 points despite that, and he dished out 10 assists.  He is creating his scoring opportunities as well as opportunities for his teammates.

If he continues this pace, it will be extremely hard to ignore the numbers, particularly if Oklahoma makes a run in the NCAA tournament.

Young is probably going top 7. He's the best point guard prospect in the class. What he's doing is rare. Especially when you take into account who is around him at Oklahoma. It's just him and a bunch of guys. His combination of shooting, ball handling, and passing is impressive. He's giving of those Curry/Lilard vibes right now.

Ive said this before but this is a great draft to be bad in. Hopefully he keeps this up.

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, DBac said:

He just has to keep it up. At that size, he has to be special to go that high. And he's special right now.

Agreed.  However, the more I watch, the more I'm impressed.  His handle and footwork are very impressive.

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, Lurker said:

The only thing that is really bad about him is his defense. And that's not a huge issue if his offense translates. Have only watched a little of him but what an incredible offensive talent.

He's the best offensive talent of all the draft prospects I've seen thus far.

I haven’t seen him play live (TV), but I am gonna pass on Trae Young.  Watched 2 minutes of his highlight video against Northwestern and that’s enough for me.  Jacking up awful shots against bad teams.  That won’t translate in the NBA or even NCAA once he faces good competition. 

Trae Young has already ripped up a few quality opponents, despite not playing Big 12 competition yet because Oklahoma was one of those PK80 teams.

I understand the worry that he's much more Jimmer than other PGs (and not just Steph) but so far his start is very much real. Helped by the fact that Oklahoma is literally the Golden State of college basketball (they go fast on offense), but real.

Edited by Lurker