• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2018 draft

bleachkit

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Alex said:

I feel you on the Kawhi comparison.  I haven’t watched any of Villanova so I know very little about Bridges.  He’s probably further along offensively than Kawhi was his rookie season though or at least he should be when Mikal plays next season.  

Miles is no slouch either. I actually think he will be better in the NBA than he is in college. I wish he was more creative offensively though. I do wonder why he hasn't improved from his Freshman season because he has the tools.

11 hours ago, hawkman said:

Miles is no slouch either. I actually think he will be better in the NBA than he is in college. I wish he was more creative offensively though. I do wonder why he hasn't improved from his Freshman season because he has the tools.

I think as recently as two weeks ago Miles was being too passive and trying to let his teammates get theirs.  Izzo has repeatedly said he wants him to be selfish.  Early on he fell in love with his three point shot.  He was stroking it too, but has come crashing back down.  He did have a sprained ankle about 6 weeks back that did hamper him for a bit so I that could make sense as to why he hung out on the perimeter so much. 

Statistically he’s about the same as he was last season which doesn’t mean anything.  I think he’s gotten better defensively, decision making, and passing.  His ball handling could use some work and yes, his offense at times can be stagnant.  He’s not a finished product by any means, but he’s still got half a season left.

• Premium Member
43 minutes ago, AHF said:

Ready for Young vs. Sexton this weekend.

As long as Young plays like he did versus Kansas and doesn't get himself into a one on one battle, he will be fine. It was nice seeing him make such a dramatic adjustment to his game and still drive his team to a win versus a very good Kansas team. I'm not as high on Sexton as I am on Young, but I'm sure he's itching to show scouts he should be the #1 guard taken on Draft night. It should be a very exciting game.

5 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Bagley is Atlanta #1 guy. He's the best player in this class with an extremely high ceiling. Love it. Then again if it is Bagley, Ayton or Bamba, I am happy

Bamba finally showed out offensively. I hope he continues, but he’s way behind the other two bigs for me right now.

I've talked myself into Bagley.

There's so much Michael Beasley 2.0 bust potential with him though. He is very efficient and rebounds well but what are the other things he does well....??

Besides the length and all that garb. He's even been regressing in scoring in conference play. Wendell Carter Jr has been Duke's best player, period.

But I won't be too up in arms if it's Bagley. 

I will be if it's Bamba. Sorry. You're not talking me into him.

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

I've talked myself into Bagley.

There's so much Michael Beasley 2.0 bust potential with him though. He is very efficient and rebounds well but what are the other things he does well....??

Besides the length and all that garb. He's even been regressing in scoring in conference play. Wendell Carter Jr has been Duke's best player, period.

But I won't be too up in arms if it's Bagley. 

I will be if it's Bamba. Sorry. You're not talking me into him.

Bagley has elite speed and quickness for a big man. I don’t see him being a bust at all. He’s got the kind of game that translates really well like John Collins had. They are the kind of players that will always get buckets just because they are high end athletes for their position and have great hustle. I’d say that he’s the safest bet to be an all star in the class because it’s very easy to see him putting up 20 points and 10 rebounds a game pretty early in his career. 

Not gonna lie, I haven’t watched Duke since conference play started. I felt like I had a pretty good feel for him after watching all his games before then, so maybe he actually is worse. He has my full attention now though.

Edited by CP61
  • Like 1

Carter is not our best player, he’s a great player but he’s not as good as Bagley. Bagley has a great first step, good quickness, hustle is other worldly and I don’t care what anybody says hard work and hustle is a talent, he’s a good athlete, has a nose for the ball when it comes to rebounding, has good from shooting the ball, has good footwork, is improving on the defensive end of the floor, good passer out of the high post. He hasn’t slowed down in conference play we are just becoming more balanced so his shot attempts have gone down, others guys are stepping up and finding their game 

• Like 2