Cherokee Parks

Grant Hill

Antonio Lang

Brian Davis

Bobby Hurley

Christian Laettner

Alaa Abdelnaby

Danny Ferry

From that list the good defenders in the league would be Battier, Deng, Davis, Brand, Henderson, Winslow was good his first year, Duhon...that’s all I’m coming up with right now 

On 12/9/2017 at 10:25 AM, KB21 said:

It all depends upon where Young ends up in the draft, but I could see Travis trying to match up Young and Porter Jr as his two main shooters.  NBADraft.net has Young going 17th right now, but I can see him sneaking into the lottery before the draft rolls around.  

“Yep we’re gonna do it,” Young said. “We’re putting it out there that we’re gonna play together. We just feel like we can do big things together.”- Trae Young on playing with MPJ.

http://usatodayhss.com/2015/trae-young-michael-porter-package-deal-michael-porter-trae-young-mokan-elite-eybl

Apparently they were a package deal. I wonder what happened. That actually makes me really want to see it happen.

Splash bros 2.0?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jy23 said:

Anybody know anything about the Musa kid overseas?

He's getting some hype in the draft process, but he doesn't play at the same level as Doncic.  Musa has been playing for Cedevita in the Eurocup competition, which is a level below the Euroleague competition that Doncic has been playing in.  

2 hours ago, KB21 said:

He's getting some hype in the draft process, but he doesn't play at the same level as Doncic.  Musa has been playing for Cedevita in the Eurocup competition, which is a level below the Euroleague competition that Doncic has been playing in.  

Not tryna compare the two...i understand Luka is better i just wanted to know would he be worth one of our later picks. From what I’ve seen of him he looks like a really really good shooter. I don’t know about the rest of his skills which is why I was asking 

9 hours ago, jy23 said:

Not tryna compare the two...i understand Luka is better i just wanted to know would he be worth one of our later picks. From what I’ve seen of him he looks like a really really good shooter. I don’t know about the rest of his skills which is why I was asking 

He's probably going to go higher than that.  He's got a really good jump shot and is athletic on the drive.  Like most European prospects, he has to work on his defense.  I think he's a guy who ideally will be a draft and stash to get him experience at the Euroleague level.  

Obviously, he needs to work on his body and his strength.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, KB21 said:

The Stepien's updated composite draft rankings:  https://www.thestepien.com/2018-draft-rankings/

I still disagree with them on Michael Porter Jr.  I'd have Ayton #2, Jaren Jackson #3, and Collin Sexton #4.  I think Porter and Bagley are both very much more hype than substance.

Hopefully we will get to see Porter play good competition now.

My top 5 (for now and not necessarily in the actual ORDER I expect the draft to be):

1. Luka Doncic
2. Deandre Ayton
3. Collin Sexton
4. Jaren Jackson Jr
5. Trae Young

If Doncic for whatever reason isn't available, a scenario that I'd love is to take Ayton and somehow find a way to get Trae Young through moving up to the lower lottery with the other pick. But if Young continues his ridiculous start he hisself could be in the top 5.

• Premium Member

I hope the mods will stick this. Since we are rebuilding one of the key topics of discussion should be our differing opinions and views on potential lottery picks in the 2018 draft.

I submit the following to begin the discussion:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/potential-2018-no-1-draft-pick-luka-doncic-almost-good-true-video-165856463.html

• Like 3

• Premium Member
Just now, NBASupes said:

You my dude Sothron but don't we got an entire forum for this? 

This should be on the main forum since it is a  main topic of discussion for a rebuilding season. It isn't like the last 10 years where the draft was more of an afterthought.