• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2018 draft

bleachkit

1 hour ago, DBac said:

I saw a Lowry comp for Sexton somewhere and I can see it tbh. Hopefully he's not a choke artist like Lowry.

I can see Lowry except 2 inches taller. Except he’s got that Kobe mentality to push him over the edge from all star to superstar. 

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Stop it! No he's not. They don't play anything alike. 

Not at all...I don’t know what this guy is looking at half the time 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Sexton is doing what (pre-injury) Lou Williams would've done had he went to college. I'm not sure if he's a PG but he has that 'it" factor and a motor that doesn't quit. Reminds me a little of a Dejuan Wagner/Lou Will/Iverson type of guard.

One my favorite websites to use for draft purposes actually says Collin Sexton is similar to Irving lol and mocks him to Atlanta. (Lillard/Irving is the comp, but with actual defense)

I'd be happy with him. While that site says he's a true PG, I don't see it but I'd be happy with him. 

No point in moving from Dennis at this stage. Sexton really isn't much for moving the needle for me. He could be better than Dennis in 3-4 years but that's silly for the most part when we got a need for a star at every position. Bagley, Ayton and Bamba are more rare and Doncic is a better fit than Sexton. That said, I love Sexton's game. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, KB21 said:

He also might be the worst defensive player in college basketball.  

Not just that, but he's not skilled enough to make it with the tools he has and his mental isn't NBA ready to where it needs to be as well. Anyone who drafts him is making a massive mistake. 

Trae Young is having one of the best offensive seasons for any college point guard ever averaging 28.8 points and 8.8 assists on 49/42/89 shooting.

I don't think he's better than Sexton because he doesn't have near the two way upside but at the least he's gonna be a bench microwave scorer like Patty Mills or Gary Neal. I'd take him with one of those 20s picks, I don't see him in many mocks.

10 hours ago, KB21 said:

He also might be the worst defensive player in college basketball.  

When you pick where out later firsts are going to be, I’d just be looking for someone with at least one skill I they can hang there hat on. He can shoot, so why not take a shot on him? I wouldn’t take him in the lottery as if today, but he’s worth something.

15 minutes ago, CP61 said:

When you pick where out later firsts are going to be, I’d just be looking for someone with at least one skill I they can hang there hat on. He can shoot, so why not take a shot on him? I wouldn’t take him in the lottery as if today, but he’s worth something.

I have a feeling the Hawks already have this guy on their roster.  Tyler Dorsey.  Trae Young probably has a bit better shot creation ability overall.

2 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I have a feeling the Hawks already have this guy on their roster.  Tyler Dorsey.  Trae Young probably has a bit better shot creation ability overall.

Fair. I didn’t like Dorsey that much though. He’s given me no reason to change my opinion yet unfortunately.

• Like 1