• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2018 draft

bleachkit

28 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I'm with @NBASupes on this one.  Bamba is a top three pick.  His offensive game has some things to build upon and if he reaches them he's def worth a top 3 pick.

Don't fall for the candy.  His upside is Rudy Gobert.  That's the kind of defender he can be, but it is also the type of offensive player he can be.  The jumper will not translate to the NBA.  

I still want to see Ayton through the rest of the season, because I still think his effort waxes and wanes, and that's an issue.  I have a hard time justifying taking him #1 when he is lazy.  With that said, his upside is the highest among the college prospects.  He's showing dominant rebounding ability right now, and when watching the film, he just goes higher than everyone else and can high point the ball outside his frame.  I have doubts about his jumper right now, and approximately 19% of his shots are three point shots.  Defense is where the effort and awareness is really lacking.  Someone with his size and length should be blocking more than 1.8 shots per 40 minutes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KB21 said:

Don't fall for the candy.  His upside is Rudy Gobert.  That's the kind of defender he can be, but it is also the type of offensive player he can be.  The jumper will not translate to the NBA.  

I still want to see Ayton through the rest of the season, because I still think his effort waxes and wanes, and that's an issue.  I have a hard time justifying taking him #1 when he is lazy.  With that said, his upside is the highest among the college prospects.  He's showing dominant rebounding ability right now, and when watching the film, he just goes higher than everyone else and can high point the ball outside his frame.  I have doubts about his jumper right now, and approximately 19% of his shots are three point shots.  Defense is where the effort and awareness is really lacking.  Someone with his size and length should be blocking more than 1.8 shots per 40 minutes.

No, it is not. 

2 hours ago, KB21 said:

We got an entire community of draftniks and why is it always you that's v. everyone that's not guys who have no chance of being top picks. 

Bamba is someone who has the potential to be a 20-22PPG scorer in 3-4 seasons due to his athletic abilities. 

Ayton doesn't have laziness issue. What he has is an issue playing off of the ball offense and movement offense. That said, he does show flashes. He's already out-producing most FR's centers who have played in college Basketball. Nothing about him is normal. He's an anomaly. I will you would stop bullshitting other players because you got a hard on for Doncic. He's not even that good. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

We got an entire community of draftniks and why is it always you that's v. everyone that's not guys who have no chance of being top picks. 

Bamba is someone who has the potential to be a 20-22PPG scorer in 3-4 seasons due to his athletic abilities. 

Ayton doesn't have laziness issue. What he has is an issue playing off of the ball offense and movement offense. That said, he does show flashes. He's already out-producing most FR's centers who have played in college Basketball. Nothing about him is normal. He's an anomaly. I will you would stop bullshitting other players because you got a hard on for Doncic. He's not even that good. 

If Bamba gets to 20  - 22 ppg he should be the number 1 pick because he'll be the best two way center in the game.

Doncic actually is that good.  He's just not flashy, but he's very savvy. 

Marvin Bagley is looking really raw in the Duke vs Texas game.  I need to see more skill out of him.

• Like 1

Bamba isn't going to do that this year. 

That said it's clear the highest upside picks at college (even if Porter Jr were healthy) is between Bamba and Ayton. The safest? One of the three of Collin Sexton, Miles Bridges, and Mikal Bridges (sleeper to make a huge leap due to his 3/D abilities).

(and as I said that, Bamba lost out vs Bagley on a rebound but might've been fouled)

This big man class is pretty ridiculous.

What's crazy is that Bagely still has room for improvement offensively. Dude is young as hell and already has the skill set to produce right away in the NBA. He's supposed to be in high school right now. If he goes to the right team and develops his game, dude is going to be nice.

Edited by Guard
  • Like 1

Bagley is cleary very good. But I still don't think you can pair him and Collins and I haven't seen anything from him that makes him a guy where you just chuck Collins out of the window (right now he's mostly playing the role of cleanup man with his other skills sprinkled in.. if he starts hitting those threes and creating his own shot more then its a discussion). Some team is gonna get a nice player there though. I like his teammate Wendell Carter better for the Hawks personally.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, DBac said:

Bagley is cleary very good. But I still don't think you can pair him and Collins and I haven't seen anything from him that makes him a guy where you just chuck Collins out of the window (right now he's mostly playing the role of cleanup man with his other skills sprinkled in.. if he starts hitting those threes and creating his own shot more then its a discussion). Some team is gonna get a nice player there though. I like his teammate Wendell Carter better for the Hawks personally.

Carter is really good at what he does, I’m just waiting to see a lil more versatility out of him. He’s quicker and more agile than I thought he was tho. He’s really strong down low too. He shouldn’t be the pick of we’re top 5 tho...he should be somebody that we try and move back up to get by packaging some picks or something 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Drafting Wendell Carter w/ a top 5 pick has Shellhead written all over it. Bud would make Bagley/Ayton/Doncic/Porter Jr. offensive juggernauts. Not sure about Bamba offensively but his defense is legit. He is #5 on my list thus far.

Carter is definitely not Shellhead but i get where you’re coming from lol. He’s more agile, more athletic, softer touch around the basket and has a knack for blocking shots just like Shell but with more athleticism and this is all at a much younger age.