• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2018 draft

bleachkit

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

It's American football in which it's all about talent and measurables. Skills and being developed absolutely matters in the other sports.

The NBA is as well. Giannis was one of the worst NBA players his rookie year. Dennis was right there with him. Now Dennis is a low tier NBA starting PG and Giannis a top 5 NBA player. Name another sport where players can make such a significant jump? 

Even as a rookie, Porzee wasn't that impressive from a production standpoint. But at 22, he's amazing. But look at guys who had elite skills in college like Denzel Valentine. He's holding on to his NBA career but this guy was one of the most skilled players we seen in college Basketball in years. Probably would be amazing in Europe. 

I'll take anomalies for 1000 Alex

If I'm imitating you, you really need to go back to the drawing board with your opinion in sports completely. You may be an extremely smart doctor but it doesn't mean you have the sports smarts. Sorry. Most people have it in one field and not in another.

Edited by Lurker

1 minute ago, DBac said:

Doncic reminds me of James Harden, who is a superstar. 

Looking at this, you wouldn't deem him an athletic freak either.

Harden has an elite first step. Harden has a great physical balance with his weight which was 225 in college, Harden had a great handle at ASU and it's even better now. Doncic doesn't have the strength that Harden had out of college. Not even close at this age. 

Harden really had to develop his game to where it became today because some of the traits he has shown in the NBA, wasn't seen in college. That said, Harden has clearly better physical tools than Doncic. Much quicker, very long arms and standing reach for a perimeter player, and he's just much faster with his shot even at ASU. Harden always looked like a #1 option in college, the doubt was, was he going to top out as a scorer only who overly relied on his long large shooting. In the NBA, he became a playmaker and added more versatility to his scoring as well. I clearly don't see Harden in Doncic tool-box. 

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Harden has an elite first step. Harden has a great physical balance with his weight which was 225 in college, Harden had a great handle at ASU and it's even better now. Doncic doesn't have the strength that Harden had out of college. Not even close at this age. 

Harden really had to develop his game to where it became today because some of the traits he has shown in the NBA, wasn't seen in college. That said, Harden has clearly better physical tools than Doncic. Much quicker, very long arms and standing reach for a perimeter player, and he's just much faster with his shot even at ASU. Harden always looked like a #1 option in college, the doubt was, was he going to top out as a scorer only who overly relied on his long large shooting. In the NBA, he became a playmaker and added more versatility to his scoring as well. I clearly don't see Harden in Doncic tool-box. 

Doncic is almost 2 years younger than Harden when he came out, a better playmaker than he was at this point, and same size except a little taller. And Harden's first step was not thought to be elite coming out either. 

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

If it was all about being able to run, jump, being physical freaks, guys like Anthony Davis, Giannis, etc would have won titles already!!?!!?!?!?!?!!

Because guys like LeBron and Durant who also are anomalies are winning the titles. 

How many teams have won titles without anomalies?  

Just now, NBASupes said:

Because guys like LeBron and Durant who also are anomalies are winning the titles. 

How many teams have won titles without anomalies?  

We do not have a LeBron James or Kevin Durant in this draft, and sorry but your boy Zion is not that either.

Just now, DBac said:

Doncic is almost 2 years younger than Harden when he came out, a better playmaker than he was at this point, and same size except a little taller. And Harden's first step was not thought to be elite coming out either. 

Harden first step was ALWAYS elite. No one questioned his ability to play on the perimeter in college, the questions for him was being a two-way player and becoming more than just a scorer. Not to mention, becoming more well rounded. 

If Doncic is 6'8 and a quarter or taller barefeet. We shouldn't pass on him. He would be able to play SF full time. But he's not a NBA SG and if he has to play it, he will struggle. In the NBA, he's a smallball 4 and a fulltime SF. So if he's 6'5 or 6'6 barefeet, he gonna struggle to adjust to the NBA. Height matters in this league. It's a game of inches no different than any other sport. 

Just now, NBASupes said:

Harden first step was ALWAYS elite. No one questioned his ability to play on the perimeter in college, the questions for him was being a two-way player and becoming more than just a scorer. Not to mention, becoming more well rounded. 

BleacherReport

And despite how good he was at Arizona State the last two seasons, he does have some flaws as a prospect. The biggest issue for most scouts will be his athleticism, or relative lack thereof. Harden will not be entering the dunk contest, and he lacks an explosive first step.

NBADraft.net

Weaknesses: His body type is deceiving as it appears to be soft and uncut … Listed at 6-4, he's likely close to 6-5 but still on the short side for a 2-guard … Can improve the consistency of his outside shooting … His quickness and athleticism, while good wont stand out on the next levelFirst step and his explosiveness aren't at an elite level … A decent defender who doesn't gamble much, but his lack of great foot speed limits his ability as a lock down guy … A terrific leader who can improve by becoming more vocal … 

DraftExpress

His first step and pure explosiveness are nothing to write home about, meaning he has to find other ways to make his presence felt.

I don't dislike Ayton (shit I might slide him into the #2 spot if he keep showing out), he may very well end up the better pro. But Doncic's ceiling is very high and his floor is substantially higher than any other prospect in this draft.

Just now, DBac said:

BleacherReport

NBADraft.net

DraftExpress

I don't dislike Ayton (shit I might slide him into the #2 spot if he keep showing out), he may very well end up the better pro. But Doncic's ceiling is very high and his floor is substantially higher than any other prospect in this draft.

I wrote up a scouting report on Harden that said otherwise. I was also on the money with Curry. I was wrong on Thabeet tho...

37 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The NBA is as well. Giannis was one of the worst NBA players his rookie year. Dennis was right there with him. Now Dennis is a low tier NBA starting PG and Giannis a top 5 NBA player. Name another sport where players can make such a significant jump? 

Let me stop you right there.  Dennis is not a low tier starting PG this season.  He's actually the 6th best PG in the league by efficiency. 

22 pts, 7 asts, 3 rbs, and 1 stl per game is nothing to sneeze at.  He's shooting 48% overall and 38% from three.

Now to your Doncic analysis, like I said before, I believe you're old school and you love the big men and being that Ayton is the top projected big man, he should be at the top of your board.  My board is different, Doncic is my clear number 1.  There are reports out that he is actually 6'9".  I don't know how true that is,  but some players grow between 17 and 18.  I would like to see Doncic's % from 3 go up this season with higher usage and he'll be hands down my number 1. 

Luca is a 2 guard and he'll be just fine in the nba.  Players improve their athleticism all the time in the NBA and Luca's athletic for his size. 

You can't say skills don't matter because LBJ, Steph Curry (poster child of being skilled and not the best athlete), KD, and Harden all have tons of skill. 

My younger cousin doesn't play sports at a competitive level, but he was not done growing until 18 and I'm not even sure he's done (he's 19 years old), but then again I don't think he truly started going through puberty until 14 and going on 15.

It wouldn't be surprising if Doncic did grow a bit, everyone is different.

20 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Let me stop you right there.  Dennis is not a low tier starting PG this season.  He's actually the 6th best PG in the league by efficiency. 

22 pts, 7 asts, 3 rbs, and 1 stl per game is nothing to sneeze at.  He's shooting 48% overall and 38% from three.

Now to your Doncic analysis, like I said before, I believe you're old school and you love the big men and being that Ayton is the top projected big man, he should be at the top of your board.  My board is different, Doncic is my clear number 1.  There are reports out that he is actually 6'9".  I don't know how true that is,  but some players grow between 17 and 18.  I would like to see Doncic's % from 3 go up this season with higher usage and he'll be hands down my number 1. 

Luca is a 2 guard and he'll be just fine in the nba.  Players improve their athleticism all the time in the NBA and Luca's athletic for his size. 

You can't say skills don't matter because LBJ, Steph Curry (poster child of being skilled and not the best athlete), KD, and Harden all have tons of skill. 

I had a long reply but lost it when I hit reply. I disagree with a number of statements. The one about old school. The one about Curry not being an great athlete. The one about Doncic at the 2. 

I had a long reply but lost it when I hit reply. I disagree with a number of statements. The one about old school. The one about Curry not being an great athlete. The one about Doncic at the 2. 

You don't think Doncic can be a great 2 guard? I think he'd be perfect for us, he'd basically inherit the ball handling responsibilities Bazemore current has for us, but he'd obviously perform at a much higher level.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk