• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2018 draft

bleachkit

Porter's injury is unfortunate. I wouldn't touch a tall guy with back problems unless it 100% checks out personally. Hopefully he declares so he gets his money and some other guys get pushed down the board.

I watched Collin Sexton play a full game and wow. First thing that jumps off is how muscular he is for his size. Draws contact really well at the rim (which is why his free throw rate is super high). It was actually a good game, got to see him play coming from behind and in a clutch situation. He hit the go ahead shot and also got the game winning block on defense at the end. Kid's got "it"

26 minutes ago, DBac said:

Porter's injury is unfortunate. I wouldn't touch a tall guy with back problems unless it 100% checks out personally. Hopefully he declares so he gets his money and some other guys get pushed down the board.

I watched Collin Sexton play a full game and wow. First thing that jumps off is how muscular he is for his size. Draws contact really well at the rim (which is why his free throw rate is super high). It was actually a good game, got to see him play coming from behind and in a clutch situation. He hit the go ahead shot and also got the game winning block on defense at the end. Kid's got "it"

Yeah I watched that Collins game too. He’s such a baller. I’d definitely put some feelers out around the league on what people think Dennis is worth. His value will never be higher than it is this year when he has the full green light. If he can get a pick, or be a part of a package to get a decently high pick, i’d do it to get Sexton in addition to one of the top guys. I’m just not ready to say I’d take him top 5 yet. 

31 minutes ago, CP61 said:

Yeah I watched that Collins game too. He’s such a baller. I’d definitely put some feelers out around the league on what people think Dennis is worth. His value will never be higher than it is this year when he has the full green light. If he can get a pick, or be a part of a package to get a decently high pick, i’d do it to get Sexton in addition to one of the top guys. I’m just not ready to say I’d take him top 5 yet. 

I'd be trying really hard to come away from this draft with Collin Sexton and Mikal Bridges if I were Schlenk. It's early though.

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Why? Why move from Dennis to a player like Sexton? 

Because of his propensity for drawing fouls, .573 FTr in high school, .659 in college so far, something that Dennis doesn't do well at all (especially for a guy whose whole game is based on driving to the basket). I think that and his superior overall athleticism (his first step is probably worse than Dennis) put his offensive ceiling higher. Also looks like he can get a little bigger, so I see him holding up on defense better too. Add in the attitude and yeah I'm sold.

I'm also confused on if you were asking why move from Dennis to Sexton (Dennis is better) or why move from Dennis to a player like Sexton (they're too similar). In either case I'm inclined to disagree. Though like I said it's early.

Because of his propensity for drawing fouls, .573 FTr in high school, .659 in college so far, something that Dennis doesn't do well at all (especially for a guy whose whole game is based on driving to the basket). I think that and his superior overall athleticism (his first step is probably worse than Dennis) put his offensive ceiling higher. Also looks like he can get a little bigger, so I see him holding up on defense better too. Add in the attitude and yeah I'm sold.

I'm also confused on if you were asking why move from Dennis to Sexton (Dennis is better) or why move from Dennis to a player like Sexton (they're too similar). In either case I'm inclined to disagree. Though like I said it's early.

I'm not trying to diss Sexton, but if he ever becomes as good as Dennis, he would have done well for himself. His jump shot needs some work, and while I expect it to improve, it will take some time. Defense at PG isn't that big of a deal to me, but Dennis when he's locked in is a good defender. That being said, Sexton has the tools to be be far greater. What I don't see is Sexton drawing fouls easily, at least in a Hawks jersey. Dennis gets fouled all the time, but refs don't call anything, like Millsap always had to deal with. Maybe Sexton with his athleticism will have an easier time drawing more contact, but personally I wouldn't trade Dennis straight up for Sexton.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

As we have two mid to late Firstroundpicks two Germans could be interesting:

Isaac Bonga (just turned 18): potential secondary ballhandler at 6/10-6/11

-bad three point shooter off the dribble but really improved his catchnshoot jumper and midrange J

-not an explosive athlete (compared to top American prospects) but moves really well

-can switch a lot defensively w/ good defensive timing (stl+blk).

mobile.twitter.com/draftprosnba/status/933391171400978435

Kostja Mushidi (19 years old):

Big 3nD guard (220lbs, 6'4-6'5) with very long arms (7'1 wingspan). 

-versatile defender

-can pass a bit but not a playmaker due to lack of ballhandling ability

- streaky shooter because his shot-selection can be JRSmith-esque (pre Cavs) at times

-used to be a good slasher but since he plays in Serbia he has shot way more threes

https://mobile.twitter.com/ABA_League/status/927548228958081024

42 minutes ago, Guard said:

Wouldn't surprise me at all if Mikal Bridges is one of the players selected once the top 4 to 5 guys are gone. 

The league is becoming more and more aware of the analytics darlings, so it wouldn't surprise me either if he landed somewhere in the top 10 or so.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DBac said:

While there is a chance he could be better with development and time. That's about four to five years away while Dennis got a prime for another 7-8 years. I'll pass on this even being an option. To me, Dennis and Collins are the two definitely mainstays. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

While there is a chance he could be better with development and time. That's about four to five years away while Dennis got a prime for another 7-8 years. I'll pass on this even being an option. To me, Dennis and Collins are the two definitely mainstays. 

I suppose, but Sexton's timeline would line up with JC's just fine. 24 and 25 going into their second contracts.

My biggest issue with Dennis is his horrible free throw rate/average finishing for his style of play (the reason I keep harping on this because at the top level the pretty much all of the guards really efficient, and since Dennis style lends to him being the go-to guy he has to be more efficient). Tony Parker for example (because he played in the Spurs system and has a similar style), was a 69% finisher at the rim by this age.

I dunno. To build a contending team with Dennis, he could be your ? best player. What do you think?