• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We Were Doomed from the Start!

LastDon

27 minutes ago, Diesel said:

We will have a Moose, Plumlee rotation.  Deal.

No chance in hell does Schlenkholzer role out a 3rd string C and a 3rd string PF as our C corps. They're retooling, not tanking. No deal. Care to wager?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

That was dirty as hell but I don't think he was expecting to injure Love.   That's his biggest incident as far as i know.   Zaza and Patrick Beverly have had ones just as bad.   

Correction: Zaza has had some plays that aren't just as bad. The majority of his plays are just as bad lol. I don't think Zaza gets to play the dumb blonde card anymore when it comes to accidentally being dirty. 

In addition to the Centers we should be looking at the PF FAs to fill one or both 'big' front court spots.

http://hoopshype.com/2017/06/15/nba-free-agency-2017-power-forwards/

Not a great list, but some interesting names besides Paul and Blake:
Serge Ibaka

Patrick Patterson (has a shot and ok rebounder)

Montiejunas (can shoot from deep, but more of a Muscala type player)

Thomas Robinson (never lived up to his billing, but has some rebounding skills. I have no idea how he sets picks or would work in the Bud-offense)

Again, not great, but with the way the league is moving to smaller guys in the front court, one or two of these guys could be a part of a rotation.

4 hours ago, hazer said:

No chance in hell does Schlenkholzer role out a 3rd string C and a 3rd string PF as our C corps. They're retooling, not tanking. No deal. Care to wager?

Schlenkholzer.... hehe.   I like it.

Knowing that Germans love compound nouns, we could probably do one better.  I present to you; Budenschlenkenholzer.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

I didn't know @LastDon was a screamer..I mean a yeller...oh no..what did I do again..

Make em say uhhhh nananana 

33 minutes ago, ATLSmith said:

Schlenkholzer.... hehe.   I like it.

Knowing that Germans love compound nouns, we could probably do one better.  I present to you; Budenschlenkenholzer.

Kind of like my creation: Ilyasovavichkovchev

• Like 2

• Premium Member

"In sum, Atlanta traded out an expensive impact player for an expensive non-impact player, it dropped 10 spots in the draft order, it took on an extra year of eight-figure commitments to Plumlee, and it created a hole in the middle. "

• Like 2

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, Diesel said:

"In sum, Atlanta traded out an expensive impact player for an expensive non-impact player, it dropped 10 spots in the draft order, it took on an extra year of eight-figure commitments to Plumlee, and it created a hole in the middle. "

I'm somewhat in the middle on this trade but the expensives aren't equal.   I understand hating the trade but the financial benefit can't be denied.   

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Diesel said:

3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I'm somewhat in the middle on this trade but the expensives aren't equal.   I understand hating the trade but the financial benefit can't be denied.   

This "move" isn't complete yet...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dolfan23 said:

Well at least it's not in all caps this time. @LastDon is never happy with anything the Hawks do but there's some growth in the random yelling about it threads he starts. 

How is limited capspace and heading towards the lottery growth..We had a talented team that was tainted by the selfish play of Schröder..D12 is going to dominate us unless we sign and trade Sap for LA..Thats the only way to clean up this mess this rookie Gm done made!!!

2 minutes ago, LastDon said:

How is limited capspace and heading towards the lottery growth..We had a talented team that was tainted by the selfish play of Schröder..D12 is going to dominate us unless we sign and trade Sap for LA..Thats the only way to clean up this mess this rookie Gm done made!!!

Wings that sucked it up to high heaven and a limited offensive center.

Much more likely that Kemba Walker and Dwight Howard fight then Dwight Howard dominates the Hawks or really does anything to make them regret the trade.

You can be a Dennis hater and also realize that Dwight Howard sucks and was not going to be good for the team even with any other pg in the land. Charlotte will prove it.

And no, Dennis is not why guys like Kent Bazemore struggled, guys like Kent Bazemore struggled because they are horrible outside of floor totally spaced situations.

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Much more likely that Kemba Walker and Dwight Howard fight then Dwight Howard dominates the Hawks or really does anything to make them regret the trade.

You can be a Dennis hater and also realize that Dwight Howard sucks and was not going to be good for the team even with any other pg in the land. Charlotte will prove it.

And no, Dennis is not why guys like Kent Bazemore struggled, guys like Kent Bazemore struggled because they are horrible outside of floor totally spaced situations.

Prediction time Lurker:  Does Charlotte make the playoffs next season?

11 hours ago, bleachkit said:

That trade was just horrible. Why take on Plumlee's contract and get the worse pick. Just keep Dwight for another year, he was not that bad last year.

It was a bad trade from a talent standpoint. Example, Plumlees best per 36 season is not as good as Howards 2nd worse regular season last year. In other words what Howard did in 29 minutes last year trumps anything Plumlee could have put up in 36 minutes ever lol.

We are hurting for certain on the boards once again, which drastically improved last year, and still need to improve our horrible offensive efficiency. We took a step back with this trade and the only way no one can see that is they are wearing rose colored blinders.

I think we are in a rebuild. Others want to disagree. We will see if we make the playoffs. If not, we are rebuilding. If we do, then I guess that would be called retooling.

10 minutes ago, AHF said:

I think they do. 

Edited by Buzzard

54 minutes ago, AHF said:

At best I think they top out as an 8th seed so my answer is no. Like I have said, there is no point guard in the NBA today that is going to jive with Dwight Howard. It doesn't matter who, all of them are going to fight Dwight for what he does.