• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bud is too good of a coach for us to ever be in the lottery!!!!

Wurider05

51 minutes ago, Wurider05 said:

This guy can do more with less talent than anyone. I am looking at a 6 or 7 seed next season regardless of who is on the roster. He is too good of a coach. There will be no tanking. 

They only won 38 games the year before the 60 win season with a way more talented team than what they have now.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

They only won 38 games the year before the 60 win season with a way more talented team than what they have now.

Yeah - I think that is an unfair expectation for Bud.  Coaches can only move the needle on talent to a certain degree.   I think Bud does a very good job but he can't turn water into wine.  Let's see what talent the GM gives him before declaring the team is a lock for a mid-playoff seed.

15 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

Well Al only played 29 games, forcing Pero to start, backed up by Gustavo Ayon backed up by Elton Brand who was forced to play a ton of minutes for a 10 game stretch because of injuries.  First year with Hawks for Millsap and Demarre. Dennis and Moose were rookies.

2013 Team was way better. 

Al and Millsap were all star level guys

Teague, Lou Will, Demarre, and Korver were really good veteran players. That matters on the court and off of it. 

Experienced role players in Martin, Pero,Brand and Ayon

And your young guys were Dennis, Mack, Jenkins and Scott with the latter two being older 2nd year guys. 

This years team lacks the star power of an Al or Millsap. 

Dennis now is on par with Teague from back then

We lack the veteran leadership of a Brand 

And we lack the exceptional skillset of a Korvers shooting, or Demarres defense.

THJ is a younger taller more athletic LouWill if you ask me. 

Baze and Prince combined can maybe equal Demarres overall impact. 

Either way, we are definitely not as good as that team on paper.

Did I miss free agency? How can anyone talk about expectations for this team when we only know what half of our roster will look like? 

And yeah Bud is a good but not great coach. We barely made the playoffs last year, we were skunked in about 25% of our losses (just guesstimating there) and we had multiple long losing streaks. His rotations have been questionable at times and he's yet to really show anything in the playoffs in terms of surprising the other team. Hell hes not even known for something like amazingly inbounds plays like LD was. So don't go thinking he's going to make our team that much better than an average coach would.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Dolfan23 said:

Did I miss free agency? How can anyone talk about expectations for this team when we only know what half of our roster will look like? 

And yeah Bud is a good but not great coach. We barely made the playoffs last year, we were skunked in about 25% of our losses (just guesstimating there) and we had multiple long losing streaks. His rotations have been questionable at times and he's yet to really show anything in the playoffs in terms of surprising the other team. Hell hes not even known for something like amazingly inbounds plays like LD was. So don't go thinking he's going to make our team that much better than an average coach would.

Exactly the way I see it.  Player blaming coming in 3-2-1!  LOL!

3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

All these agendas...lol.

Anywho, name the other teams in the east you'll put ahead of the Hawks and you'll be surprised to see the Hawks are still probably the 7th or 8th best team in the East as constructed...free agency pending.

Cleveland, Toronto, Boston, Washington, Milwaukee, Indiana, Miami, and Charlotte.  

• Like 2

Just now, Alex said:

Cleveland, Toronto, Boston, Washington, Milwaukee, Indiana, Miami, and Charlotte.  

Can't argue there much.  I still see Indiana tanking and I don't know if Dwight makes Charlotte a playoff team.  It's debatable. Though.

Just now, marco102 said:

Can't argue there much.  I still see Indiana tanking and I don't know if Dwight makes Charlotte a playoff team.  It's debatable. Though.

Well since you said as constructed...I left Indy in there.  I agree they are probably blowing it up though, but until that happens they get the nod over the Hawks.  

A lot can and probably will happen before November, but I think those 8 teams are the playoff representers until Indy throws it all away and in that case I think Atlanta can remain in the hunt.

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Are you including Lowry, Ibaka  on Toronto? Because they are free agents same as Millsap. What if Lowry leaves?

Charlotte is always a question mark for me? Non contract year Marvin is always an enigma, how long is it going to incorporate Dwight? 

We were one of the worst teams in the league when Paul Millsap was out. I believe our record was 2-10.

Even if we some how make the playoffs.

Being the 6th or 7th seed with a majority of the players 25 and under on a rookie scale contracts is significantly better than being a 6th or 7th with a 100 million dollar payroll.