• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jae Crowder to Atlanta?

GameTime

The power forward and small forward position is pretty much the same at this point, so I'd be cool starting both of them. I highly doubt he comes here though. He is worth his weight in gold to contenders since they don't have to pay him much. They don't have the picks to get him, but Boston doesn't need anymore picks. They need to trade him for a good big. 

8 hours ago, Dolfan23 said:

Pump the brakes. People getting way too excited with very little info on thisbout there. Anyone here should be thrilled to get Crowder but he's not gonna come cheap and I'm sure there will be a lot of suitors offering the Celtics the same that we can. It would probably cost us Bembry in addition to a 1st and that would suck. Hope we get a Crowder for peanuts but I'm gonna expect this is just speculation from someone until we hear something more concrete. 

C's have to make a deal to make room for Hayward so they can't take on any salary.  Looks like it would just be picks. The question is how many?  Would Minny's 1 next year be enough?  Would the GM add a 2nd?  I wouldn't give more than that.   

5 hours ago, KB21 said:

I would start them both, yes.  In fact, I'd probably just say those two are my wings with my bigs being Kelly Olynyk if he is signed and Willie Reed (if signed)/Mike Muscala (if resigned).  

In an ideal world though, we get Kelly Olynyk and Mason Plumlee and roll out with a line up of Schröder, Crowder, Prince, Olynyk, and Plumlee.

That's a lineup I'd get on board with.  The sweet thing about Crowder is the C's can't take any salary back so all they are giving up is picks to get him.  I'd do that depending on what the demand is.  BUT.....Ainge doesn't have the luxury of holding out for the highest bidder because he has to clear space before he can sign Hayward.  Rock....Hard Place and all that.  Now let's hope our GM can take full advantage. 

First off all, deal me in for Crowder if we can get him for a 1st (especially if it's one of those late 1sts we acquired in trades).  He can defend larger SF's like LeBron and company but also shoots well from 3.  Seems like a tailor-made fit for Bud's offense.  His contract is icing on the cake and I see him and Prince being bulldogs on defense and solid on offense. 

And all y'all talking about the Albany area had me like "whoa" this morning.  I live in Leesburg and have been in this area my whole life.  Small world. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KB21 said:

I would start them both, yes.  In fact, I'd probably just say those two are my wings with my bigs being Kelly Olynyk if he is signed and Willie Reed (if signed)/Mike Muscala (if resigned).  

In an ideal world though, we get Kelly Olynyk and Mason Plumlee and roll out with a line up of Schröder, Crowder, Prince, Olynyk, and Plumlee.

Is this a case of if you keep throwing Mason Plumlee's name out there maybe the universe will listen? I'm with you on wanting him but haven't heard of any interest from the Hawks. 

3 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

C's have to make a deal to make room for Hayward so they can't take on any salary.  Looks like it would just be picks. The question is how many?  Would Minny's 1 next year be enough?  Would the GM add a 2nd?  I wouldn't give more than that.   

The C's could make it a 3 way trade and expect someone from us that they can flip to the 3rd team while getting them a pick in return. That way they'd get multiple picks for Crowder. All they need is a team who'd give up a future 1st for Bembry and I bet that wouldn't be difficult. 

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

Didn't Crowder play PF for the Cs last season in smallball lineups?

Yep he played 12% of the teams minutes at PF. He can also play SG and if we went reaaaallly small he's tough enough to play spot minutes at the 5 as he did for a very limited amount of minutes last year. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

Is this a case of if you keep throwing Mason Plumlee's name out there maybe the universe will listen? I'm with you on wanting him but haven't heard of any interest from the Hawks. 

Yes.  There is no reported interest.  There is just hope on my part that the Hawks secretly have interest in him.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Why wouldn't you want Prince to play big minutes?  That's really the only way he'll get better very quickly.  If Prince can really ball, increasing his minutes won't be a problem.   He averaged 31 minutes during the playoffs.  He's ready to play 30 - 35 minutes on a nightly basis.

To be honest there's no compelling reason. I fear a sophomore slump with an elevated role and I'm totally sold on the Falcons approach of internal competition :biggrin:

3 hours ago, Dragitoff said:

First off all, deal me in for Crowder if we can get him for a 1st (especially if it's one of those late 1sts we acquired in trades).  He can defend larger SF's like LeBron and company but also shoots well from 3.  Seems like a tailor-made fit for Bud's offense.  His contract is icing on the cake and I see him and Prince being bulldogs on defense and solid on offense. 

And all y'all talking about the Albany area had me like "whoa" this morning.  I live in Leesburg and have been in this area my whole life.  Small world. 

My sister and bro-in-law live in Leesburg, my parents still live in Albany. I graduated Westover in '88 and Darton in '90.

We would start Crowder and flip his ass like a shiny quarter during the deadline. Boston wants future assets and immediate relief. 

I'd easily part with the Houston pick even though that pick could potentially be in the lotto. Crowder will net the team a much better package.

29 minutes ago, hazer said:

My sister and bro-in-law live in Leesburg, my parents still live in Albany. I graduated Westover in '88 and Darton in '90.

I graduated Sherwood in '96 and also attended Darton.  We live on the west side of Lee Co. (towards Sasser).  Seriously small world.  I know this is a Hawks forum but I swear I only know a few real Hawks fans here and most of them are not as hardcore of a fan as I am. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, Dragitoff said:

I graduated Sherwood in '96 and also attended Darton.  We live on the west side of Lee Co. (towards Sasser).  Seriously small world.  I know this is a Hawks forum but I swear I only know a few real Hawks fans here and most of them are not as hardcore of a fan as I am. 

Graduated worth county high school in 94, can't remember when I graduated Darton and Georgia Southwestern off the top of my head. I switched majors at both schools which set me back.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, CP61 said:

The power forward and small forward position is pretty much the same at this point...

I disagree wholeheartedly with this recent notion.  Playing 3s at the 4 spaces the floor a little more and you get more breaking opportunities.  At the cost of proper screening and rebounding.  I'll pass.

Only the top echelon of SFs can do so (KD, Lebron, Giannis, and Kawhi). Paul George and Carmelo tried to do it, with poor or worse results.  Sap tried in a few instances to position down, I wasn't impressed.  

Without looking at numbers I'd bet the Celtics had some success against bad teams running Crowder at the 4.  Absolutely drubbed against good ones.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Graduated worth county high school in 94, can't remember when I graduated Darton and Georgia Southwestern off the top of my head. I switched majors at both schools which set me back.

Did you know Glenda or Amy Lane?  Glenda would've been a little older than you and Amy was a few years younger.  Both are 1st cousins of mine that graduated from Worth County. 

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, Dragitoff said:

Did you know Glenda or Amy Lane?  Glenda would've been a little older than you and Amy was a few years younger.  Both are 1st cousins of mine that graduated from Worth County. 

names aren't familiar to me but I can ask my brother, he graduated 4 years after me from Worth County. He also graduated from Georgia SW in Americus.

1 hour ago, Dragitoff said:

Know many Sherwood grads, and my sis/bro-in-law live out that way too (Hickory Grove S/D). My parents live in Doublegate.

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

I know many Worth grads too...

• Like 1