• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jae Crowder to Atlanta?

GameTime

I can roll with crowder and that lovely contract he has. It'd be a great addition. And yes with the way the nba is going he probably can be considered a 4 in a small ball lineup with Collins playing the 5 but ultimately it doesn't really matter as we should be more focused on positionaless basketball and versatility 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, hazer said:

Villa Rica HS and South GA Tech, which I believe is in Americus. Down near my old stomping grounds of Albany. There's a current Squawker from or currently in Americus.

It sure is in Americus. I went to Georgia Southwestern State for 2 years

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

He is from damn near where I live then.

The Rich Village!

5 minutes ago, GrimeyKidd said:

It sure is in Americus. I went to Georgia Southwestern State for 2 years

I was born (1970) and raised in Albany, left when I was 17 (Athens, L.A., Atlanta). Visited Americus on occasion, nice little town with great food.

• Like 2

Pump the brakes. People getting way too excited with very little info on thisbout there. Anyone here should be thrilled to get Crowder but he's not gonna come cheap and I'm sure there will be a lot of suitors offering the Celtics the same that we can. It would probably cost us Bembry in addition to a 1st and that would suck. Hope we get a Crowder for peanuts but I'm gonna expect this is just speculation from someone until we hear something more concrete. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member

I live in Columbus, Georgia, was raised in Worth County, Ga in Poulan and Sylvester, went to college in Albany at Darton then my second degree in Georgia Southwestern in Americus. It feels like I should want Crowder more but we already got him in Prince.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

Pump the brakes. People getting way too excited with very little info on thisbout there. Anyone here should be thrilled to get Crowder but he's not gonna come cheap and I'm sure there will be a lot of suitors offering the Celtics the same that we can. It would probably cost us Bembry in addition to a 1st and that would suck. Hope we get a Crowder for peanuts but I'm gonna expect this is just speculation from someone until we hear something more concrete. 

Give me the proven commodity over a low percentage chance that a draft pick yields.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I live in Columbus, Georgia, was raised in Worth County, Ga in Poulan and Sylvester, went to college in Albany at Darton then my second degree in Georgia Southwestern in Americus. It feels like I should want Crowder more but we already got him in Prince.

I have an Associates from Darton too. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Alex said:

Give me the proven commodity over a low percentage chance that a draft pick yields.

Yep.  Plus, we have the cap space to get a deal done without having to send back any contracts in the deal, and we have 5 first round picks over the next two years likely.   Heck, give them the Minnesota pick and take Crowder and that beautiful contract.

9 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Yep.  Plus, we have the cap space to get a deal done without having to send back any contracts in the deal, and we have 5 first round picks over the next two years likely.   Heck, give them the Minnesota pick and take Crowder and that beautiful contract.

I say give them a second rd pick and no more 

1 hour ago, Alex said:

That way you can complain when Bembry goes to Boston and turns into a player?

They can have Minnesota's 1st if they take Plumlee and give us Crowder. I'm not giving them someone the coaching staff has already invested a year in developing and who showed some serious promise when he got playing time last year. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Why wouldn't you want Prince to play big minutes?  That's really the only way he'll get better very quickly.  If Prince can really ball, increasing his minutes won't be a problem.   He averaged 31 minutes during the playoffs.  He's ready to play 30 - 35 minutes on a nightly basis.

....and Prince and Crowder can both play at the same time.  

• Like 1

They could form a terrific pair out there together. Crowder is only 6'6 and he shot 40% from 3 last year so he's pretty much the prototypical big SG from a size and shooting ability standpoint. Or we could go small at times with Prince sliding to the 4 and Crowder sliding to the 3.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

So are you starting Prince and Crowder?  Because it makes no sense to bring Crowder in, and have him come off the bench.

So we're going small with Prince at the 4 and Crowder at the 3.

I would start them both, yes.  In fact, I'd probably just say those two are my wings with my bigs being Kelly Olynyk if he is signed and Willie Reed (if signed)/Mike Muscala (if resigned).  

In an ideal world though, we get Kelly Olynyk and Mason Plumlee and roll out with a line up of Schröder, Crowder, Prince, Olynyk, and Plumlee.

• Like 2