• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Huge possibility Howards locker room presence got him shipped out

JTB

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

He didn't really fight for positioning ... I am not the biggest Dennis proponent but a lot is on Howard too ... he stood there a lot on offense.  You couldn't give him the ball.  I def know he wasn't the 2009 Howard but it is not like he could challenge more ... he didn't put in the work.   I didn't see a lot of effort from the guy.  I had high hopes but was really disappointed ... 

Well, with our current PG... I'm waiting to see how many other players will be blamed for not being in position to receive a Dennis pass.  A Dennis pass is like a Willie Wonka Golden ticket... Not everybody gets one. 

Image result for willy wonka golden ticket

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Dennis has always been selfish.  Even when we had Teague, Sap, Horf, and Korver.. with all those weapons, Dennis would come in and shoot us out of games.  Then... everybody would say that ... Dennis is only doing what Coach Bud wants.  The problem is that both he and Bud must go if our offense will revolve around Dennis scoring because he's not efficient and he doesn't get our offense involved. He's Monta Ellis at the PG position. 

Being selfish and learning the nba is two different things. you are placing some extreme judgement on a young player that wasn't even a lottery pick. You act as if dennis is suppose to be cp3 like right away. It doesn't work like that...you have to give players time to develop. 

And no..you have no real proof that dennis is selfish like monte and josh smith. there were many times this season we needed dennis scoring and he provided that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

Well, with our current PG... I'm waiting to see how many other players will be blamed for not being in position to receive a Dennis pass.  A Dennis pass is like a Willie Wonka Golden ticket... Not everybody gets one. 

Image result for willy wonka golden ticket

If you have a center that will do his job 90 % of the time which is play to his strengths by setting screens and rolling hard to the basket perhaps we would have seen more all around ball movement

but dennis and sap had to iso a lot more this year because you have a center that cant score unless he's right under the goal and a team that had no knock down shooters. 

Did you watch the games this season? Hawks would have been fine had howard played to his strengths and he would have really helped the team. instead he wanted post touches cause he believes he's the next shaq or olajuwon 

Trust me it wasn't just dennis that wasnt passing...millsap too went into hero mode. not because thats what bud asked but because he also didn't trust his team

oh and you said dennis isn't efficient???? he's league avg on his fg%....dennis had a great year for a first time starter...please stop the hate. I understand you like dwight and i do too but you cant deny howards flaws and only point out dennis flaws.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

The same arguments seem to follow everywhere he goes. 

And it will be the same once Kemba and Dwight fight in Charlotte next year...the Dwight apologists will always be like but but... its *   * guard, Dwight will be outstanding and will be seen as outstanding with a different guard!

Baloney.

You can not like Dennis, and realize that Dwight is trash anyway. As I know you don't really like him.

Edited by Lurker

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JTB said:

Trust me it wasn't just dennis that wasnt passing...millsap too went into hero mode. not because thats what bud asked but because he also didn't trust his team

oh and you said dennis isn't efficient???? he's league avg on his fg%....dennis had a great year for a first time starter...please stop the hate. I understand you like dwight and i do too but you cant deny howards flaws and only point out dennis flaws.

First off.. when a PG goes Rogue... Everybody goes rogue. 

First time starter??  Please.  He's been in the league for 4 years and he maintained half of the minutes at PG for the last 2.  What will the excuse be this year???  

37 minutes ago, Diesel said:

First off.. when a PG goes Rogue... Everybody goes rogue. 

First time starter??  Please.  He's been in the league for 4 years and he maintained half of the minutes at PG for the last 2.  What will the excuse be this year???  

Question:  Did Dennis play well in the playoffs for a FIRST year starter in a playoffs?

Question:  Did Dwight play well in the playoffs for a 10 year veteran?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Ever since the Lakers the franchises that sign him are worse than the last.  Nowhere else for him to go after Charlotte but Brooklyn, NY, or Sacramento.

It's actually the opposite.   Everywhere he leaves, the team gets worse 75% of the time.

- Orlando . . . 5 straight losing seasons with 35 wins being the most.

- LA Lakers . . . 4 straight losing seasons with 26 wins being the most.

- Houston  . . . . got way better, but had to change coaches, move their star SG to PG, and had to bring in 6 different players ( with one of them winning 6 Man of the Year )

- Atlanta?

Check that . . . only Houston didn't decide to tank, after Dwight left them.  They went out and cleaned house, and got better.  The other 2 franchises basically gave up.  And it looks like the Hawks are about to do the same.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, marco102 said:

Question:  Did Dennis play well in the playoffs for a FIRST year starter in a playoffs?

Question:  Did Dwight play well in the playoffs for a 10 year veteran?

Let's just call it like this.  Dennis is ball dominant and he shoots 45% from the field and 34% from three.   Even with that, he would hoist up 4 3 pters per game.   That's reg season.   In the playoffs, he shot better and he hoisted up 6.6  3pters per game. 

As far as Dwight is concerned, he played far less minutes than his average in the playoffs, but he still led us in rebs and blks.  Moreover, as far as his shot attempts go:  Dennis, Paul, Baze, Hardaway, and Prince made more than Dwight.   While Dwight shot much better % than they (except Prince).   How do you blame a guy for offense when he doesn't get touches??

Dennis shot  18.3 shots per game in the playoffs.  Let's consider this...

In our great series vs. the Celtics.... in 2007,  Joe Johnson shot 16.4 shots per game

In our 1999 series vs. the Knicks... in 1999, Steve Smith shot 18.1 shots per game. 

I had to go all the way back to Nique in the 1987 series with the Celtics before I could find a playoff game where somebody took more shots than Dennis and that was Nique (26.7 attempts)...

So..

Do you think Dennis is better than Joe Johnson, Steve Smith, or on the same level with NIQUE??

If not.. why are you condoning our PG shooting this much??

Just now, Diesel said:

Let's just call it like this.  Dennis is ball dominant and he shoots 45% from the field and 34% from three.   Even with that, he would hoist up 4 3 pters per game.   That's reg season.   In the playoffs, he shot better and he hoisted up 6.6  3pters per game. 

As far as Dwight is concerned, he played far less minutes than his average in the playoffs, but he still led us in rebs and blks.  Moreover, as far as his shot attempts go:  Dennis, Paul, Baze, Hardaway, and Prince made more than Dwight.   While Dwight shot much better % than they (except Prince).   How do you blame a guy for offense when he doesn't get touches??

In our great series vs. the Celtics.... in 2007,  Joe Johnson shot 16.4 shots per game

In our 1999 series vs. the Knicks... in 1999, Steve Smith shot 18.1 shots per game. 

I had to go all the way back to Nique in the 1987 series with the Celtics before I could find a playoff game where somebody took more shots than Dennis and that was Nique (26.7 attempts)...

So..

Do you think Dennis is better than Joe Johnson, Steve Smith, or on the same level with NIQUE??

Sorry, but more Dwight does not win the series vs Washington. In fact, more Dwight likely makes it a 4 game sweep.

Dwight is trash, and maybe you will realize it after he gets ran off of 10 more teams.

• Premium Member

Dennis shot  18.3 shots per game in the playoffs.  Let's consider this...

In our 1999 series vs. the Knicks... in 1999, Steve Smith shot 18.1 shots per game. 

So..

4 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Dennis shot  18.3 shots per game in the playoffs.  Let's consider this...

In our 1999 series vs. the Knicks... in 1999, Steve Smith shot 18.1 shots per game. 

So..

And I'm sorry, but if your homebaw was featured, Washington sweeps Atlanta into the ground and wins every single game in a massive blowout.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

And I'm sorry, but if your homebaw was featured, Washington sweeps Atlanta into the ground and wins every single game in a massive blowout.

Poor Delaney couldn't get more than 10 minutes per game in these massive blowouts. 

2 minutes ago, DBac said:

Someone on twitter made a good point.. not one Hawks player has acknowledged Dwight's departure yet. I know I saw Taurean and Baze sad about Millsap leaving. 

Now we have to find out what they said bout teague and horford. and Carroll. And Antic. 

1 minute ago, GrimeyKidd said:

Now we have to find out what they said bout teague and horford. and Carroll. And Antic. 

I at least remember Dennis making posts about Teague/Horford. Carroll and Antic (lol) I don't remember. But then again, those guys don't have Dwight's reputation either.

31 minutes ago, Diesel said:

So..

UMMMM . .  . you may want to post the stats of Dennis in this past series, and compare him to JJ and Smitty . . . and then re-ask that question.

I'm not down with the Dwight bashers, but Dennis straight up BALLED in that Washington series.

• Like 3