• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Huge possibility Howards locker room presence got him shipped out

JTB

• Moderators

I'll note on the Twitter side of things that Maybe (Big M maybe), the players were instructed to hold off on reactions until the dust settles on all the wheeling and dealing.

Judging from Malcolm Delaney's clapback Tweets, though, nobody's been forced to hold their tongue about much else.

Is Force M.D. illustrating his own characters now?

~lw3

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

UMMMM . .  . you may want to post the stats of Dennis in this past series, and compare him to JJ and Smitty . . . and then re-ask that question.

I'm not down with the Dwight bashers, but Dennis straight up BALLED in that Washington series.

Dennis bests both outside of Joe Johnson's 3 point percentage but wait...I thought he costed the Hawks the series, LMFAO.

22 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

I'll note on the Twitter side of things that Maybe (Big M maybe), the players were instructed to hold off on reactions until the dust settles on all the wheeling and dealing.

Judging from Malcolm Delaney's clapback Tweets, though, nobody's been forced to hold their tongue about much else.

Is Force M.D. illustrating his own characters now?

~lw3

The same guy that blocked me. Boy, he sure is a sensitive one, isn't he?

Edited by Hotlanta1981
  • Like 2

Dennis didn't let the Hawks down at all in that Washington series. His lack of a backup, shooters, and rollman did. It was pretty much Dennis and Millsap vs the world in that series with Taurean helping where he could.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Let's just call it like this.  Dennis is ball dominant and he shoots 45% from the field and 34% from three.   Even with that, he would hoist up 4 3 pters per game.   That's reg season.   In the playoffs, he shot better and he hoisted up 6.6  3pters per game. 

As far as Dwight is concerned, he played far less minutes than his average in the playoffs, but he still led us in rebs and blks.  Moreover, as far as his shot attempts go:  Dennis, Paul, Baze, Hardaway, and Prince made more than Dwight.   While Dwight shot much better % than they (except Prince).   How do you blame a guy for offense when he doesn't get touches??

Dennis shot  18.3 shots per game in the playoffs.  Let's consider this...

In our great series vs. the Celtics.... in 2007,  Joe Johnson shot 16.4 shots per game

In our 1999 series vs. the Knicks... in 1999, Steve Smith shot 18.1 shots per game. 

I had to go all the way back to Nique in the 1987 series with the Celtics before I could find a playoff game where somebody took more shots than Dennis and that was Nique (26.7 attempts)...

So..

Do you think Dennis is better than Joe Johnson, Steve Smith, or on the same level with NIQUE??

If not.. why are you condoning our PG shooting this much??

Funny how you didn't answer my original question.  Please answer that question.  You know I wouldn't be like this towards you, but you speak in absolutes when it comes to Dennis as if he's done developing or as if some of his bad habits can't be corrected.  None of us here think Dennis is the perfect PG.  He most definitely can be upgraded.  My point being, every since Teague was traded you haven't had one positive thing to say about Dennis.  When I see you do that I will gladly applaud.  You act like Dennis is Michael Carter Williams out there.  Would you rather have him as your starting PG?

Then you defend Dwight as if he's Shaq and had no Flaws.  I'm not a fan of any specific player.  I'm a fan of the Atlanta Hawks. If you're not a Hawk, I'm not defending you. I like Teague, Sap, and Korver, but now that they aren't Hawks and can't get this team to a championship they all can go kick rocks.

Remember that full court press Menace? Remember that best player in the playoffs in his first year as starter Menace? That comes back if there's teammates who can hit 3s, pick, roll, and whatnot. Dennis evolved into what he had to evolve into to fit the situation, following Bud's instruction. Dennis will again evolve into what Bud needs when he has teammates that'll run, gun, and hit 3s. Dude. Is. 23. Years. Old...

Edited by hazer
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, hazer said:

Remember that full court press Menace? Remember that best player in the playoffs in his first year as starter Menace? That comes back if there's teammates who can hit 3s, pick, roll, and whatnot. Dennis evolved into what he had to evolve into to fit the situation, following Bud's instruction. Dennis will again evolve into what Bud needs when he has teammates that'll run, gun, and hit. Dude. Is. 23. Years. Old...

Remember him dribbling out the clock in the one game against Cleveland that we had a real chance of winning?  Dribbles until the clock's almost gone, has an opportunity for an open ten footer, but instead drives into a crowd of Cleveland players, and gets the ball knocked down his throat.  Game over.

Edited by Watchman

7 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Remember him dribbling out the clock in the one game against Cleveland that we had a real change of winning?  Dribbles until the clock's almost gone, has an opportunity for an open ten footer, but instead drives into a crowd of Cleveland players, and gets the ball knocked down his throat.  Game over.

Remember Teague doing that and several other stupid things in his last season here?  Look all our players have stupid moments,  but there are some here unwilling to say anything positive about the Hawks point guard.  He's a Hawk. It seems you would want to support him and hope he improves in areas he is lacking.  Bashing him to no end isn't going to help anything because as far as I know he will be here for the near future. . 

Sidenote:  I'm not bashing Dwight to defend Dennis.  Dwight did one thing well for the Hawks, rebound.  His pick n roll defense  and offense were lacking.  He's not the reason the Hawks lost a lot of games.  In the same instance, he's didn't cause the Hawks to win a lot of games.  The main thing the Hawks were lacking were wings that could create offense and shoot.  If they could do any of that consistently, both Dennis and Dwight would have been better.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Remember him dribbling out the clock in the one game against Cleveland that we had a real change of winning?  Dribbles until the clock's almost gone, has an opportunity for an open ten footer, but instead drives into a crowd of Cleveland players, and gets the ball knocked down his throat.  Game over.

FFS, One game. 2017 playoffs? Best player, at only 23 years old in his 1st year as starter:

43% from 3

84% from the stripe

8 assists

Under 2 turnovers

25+ points

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hazer said:

FFS, One game. 2017 playoffs? Best player, at only 23 years old in his 1st year as starter:

43% from 3

84% from the stripe

8 assists

Under 2 turnovers

25+ points

But he took 18.3 shots AND those are empty stats!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, marco102 said:

But he took 18.3 shots AND those are empty stats!

How'd they compare to Wall's stats? 

Speaking of empty stats, - Kind of like Howard's empty 13 & 13 stats?

Edited by Watchman

Just now, Watchman said:

Just fine if you ask me.

Wall: 29. 5 pts 10 assists and 4.5 turnovers per game on 20.5 shots per game.  525% from the field.

Dennis: 25 pts, 8 assists and 2 turnovers per game on 18.3 shots per game. .455% from the field.

So comparing him to the best point guard in the East, he stacked up pretty well.   What stats did you expect him to put up? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

Just fine if you ask me.

Wall: 29. 5 pts 10 assists and 4.5 turnovers per game on 20.5 shots per game.  525% from the field.

Dennis: 25 pts, 8 assists and 2 turnovers per game on 18.3 shots per game. .455% from the field.

So comparing him to the best point guard in the East, he stacked up pretty well.   What stats did you expect him to put up? 

My point was that Wall went around him at will.  Defense was questionable at best.

8 minutes ago, Watchman said:

John Wall is almost 27 years old. How long's he been starting? He also had Beal and Bog. Name me the last 23 year old 1st year starter PG that put up those Dennis nimbers in his very 1st playoffs as the starter. I'll wait...

Edited by hazer
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Watchman said:

My point was that Wall went around him at will.  Defense was questionable at best.

From those stats Dennis went around Wall at will too. Walls defense was lacking too.   Like I said, I would have loved to see Dennis play better defense and a lot of other things better, but you CAN NOT say he didn't play well in the playoffs when every one outside of him, Sap, and Prince shat the bed.  He actually gave me hope he could turn into something more than an average point guard going forward.

Also, you watched the series.  Washington attacked the pick and roll.  They knew Dwight would sag off and if Wall wasn't puling up for uncontested midrange shots once he got Dwight on him he was assisting to the other players. 

Edited by marco102

2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

From those stats Dennis went around Wall at will too. Walls defense was lacking too.   Like I said, I would have loved to see Dennis play better defense and a lot of other things better, but you CAN NOT say he didn't play well in the playoffs when every one outside of him, Sap, and Prince shat the bed.  He actually gave me hope he could turn into something more than the average point guard going forward.

Millsap scored 24.3 per game and shot over 50% in the playoffs.  You have no basis in criticizing him at all.

Just now, Watchman said:

Millsap scored 24.3 per game and shot over 50% in the playoffs.  You have no basis in criticizing him at all.

Please reread my post, I wasn't critizing Milsap at all.  I gave him credit for showing up.

Also Dennis score 25 pts per game on 46% shooting in the playoffs.  You have no basis in criticizing him at all!