• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

C viv tweets Hawks in negotiations with several players

JTB

Give me Mirotic please.  This teams needs some shooting and he's better than Ersan who I like, but prefer Nikola over him.  

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JTB said:

Probably not kcp or Noel unfortunately. I wouldn't mind Reed & Ersan though.

It would be nice to think that one of those two would be projected as a horse, but for either one, there is reason not to think they're going to be that, and I can respect it that Schlenk isn't going to make a neon-flashing-lights signing just to say he made a neon-flashing-lights signing.

Honest evaluations of talent are what should drive the decisions, not "what will keep the fans buying season tickets?"

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, Alex said:

Give me Mirotic please.  This teams needs some shooting and he's better than Ersan who I like, but prefer Nikola over him.  

I think what the Colonel is trying to say without coming out and saying it is, "I'm only filling out a roster at this point based on value... because anyone I sign going forward is not likely to be someone on the roster when we finally start winning again anyhow."

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

Not sure he was underused. As I recall they have given him several opportunities to become the starter and he simply didn't cut it. Still, he is very young and has decent touch, I wouldn't mind giving him a shot.

They would never fully commit to him because they'd yank him out despite his producing to waste minutes on the shadow of Tyson Chandler.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, JTB said:

Goodness I wish you guys didn't make sense on stuff like this but you're probably right smh.

Summer League and D-league hero who is still fairly young, and obviously has some history w/ Schlenk.

Plus I noticed that though Prince is the ONLY legit 3 on the roster, Sclhlenk didn't indicate he's seeking even one. That tells me (a) he concurs w/ the "Baze can play the 3" myth, and (b) the "power forward" he's intending to sign will also theoretically be able to play some 3. 

Hence McAdoo would be no surprise.

EDIT: It occurs to me that Ja Green is the player who Bud almost has to prefer here, though.

41 minutes ago, sturt said:

Summer League and D-league hero who is still fairly young, and obviously has some history w/ Schlenk.

Plus I noticed that though Prince is the ONLY legit 3 on the roster, Sclhlenk didn't indicate he's seeking even one. That tells me (a) he concurs w/ the "Baze can play the 3" myth, and (b) the "power forward" he's intending to sign will also theoretically be able to play some 3. 

Hence McAdoo would be no surprise.

EDIT: It occurs to me that Ja Green is the player who Bud almost has to prefer here, though.

Good observation....I'd much rather have green of course but Schlenk will likely roll with one of his guys.

Good call on McAdoo. Only PF I saw were Jamychal (probably don't want to commit to a guy like this with Collins looking so ready) and David Lee (would be a good vet presence but he's hurt so doesn't really help eat minutes.

Ian Clark/Tyler Ennis

James Mcadoo

Willie Reed/Dewayne Dedmon

Edited by DBac

• Premium Member

McAdoo and Green are somewhat incredibly comparable players in terms of size (6-9, 230-ish), and most stats....

Green is the decidedly better FT shooter, but McAdoo gets to the line more, and the two end up with about the same production from the line.

Green is the more prolific 3 pt scorer, but McAdoo scores a little better inside the arc, and the two end up with about the same overall FG production.

Green is the better defensive rebounder, but McAdoo will get you more steals and blocks.

Green gets about another assist per 100 possessions, but also gives up about another turnover than McAdoo will per 100.

Green began starting for MEM regularly this past season, is 27 and is an RFA who could be matched, and you have to think, will be as long as the number is reasonable.

McAdoo has started 3 games total over 3 seasons, and has only played 108 total. Then again, he's only 24, and is a UFA who you have to think will come at a much more economical price than will Green.

Verdict?

Have to go with McAdoo here.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Then again... upon further review...

2017-07-11_2334.png

This makes the case that Green is a more capable scorer all over the court, while McAdoo mainly generates his offense closer to the rim and is a stronger finisher.

What this doesn't capture, though, is that McAdoo has been trending toward better numbers each season, and accordingly, he may project still yet at his age to improve in some areas of the court where, right now, his lack of playing time limits the data to small numbers.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Did anyone else catch this? I admit I just read right over top of it until really just now... this was said to C-Viv and published in his Q&A article last night (and obviously, before tonight's Dedmon signing)...

“We’ll sign a third point guard. We are deciding to we get a veteran guy or do we get a young guy that we think has upside,” Schlenk said. “Do we bring in a couple guys and let them battle it out? We are going to sign a power forward for sure. We’ll sign a center for sure. Probably sign three more big guys so we end up with six.”

Um.

1. Collins

2. Plumlee

3. Moose

4. Stone

Mr. Schlenk, if you sign 3 more big guys, you'll end up with seven.

Did he slip up here and inadvertently say something he didn't mean to say? Or, can he just not count? What gives?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, sturt said:

Did anyone else catch this? I admit I just read right over top of it until really just now... this was said to C-Viv and published in his Q&A article last night (and obviously, before tonight's Dedmon signing)...

Um.

1. Collins

2. Plumlee

3. Moose

4. Stone

Did he slip up here and inadvertently say something he didn't mean to say? Or, can he just not count? What gives?

I'd hope that he slipped up and referenced a Plumlee trade.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, sturt said:

Um.

1. Collins

2. Plumlee

3. Moose

4. Stone

Maybe he doesn't consider twig armed man bun Moose as a big? 

As always though good catch @sturt

• Like 2