2017 Dynasty Draft - Pick Selection and Discussion Thread

AHF

With our final pick in the draft, the ATL Air Force selects . Jaylen Brown
7-jaylen-brown-gear-shop.png
Jaylen is an explosive athlete with a quick first step, and has the ability to defend multiple positions.
He has potential  become one of the best two way players in the NBA. 
 He has all the physical tools to be an elite NBA player, but the skills haven’t quite caught up yet to the physical ability. This duality shows immensely on the offensive end of the floor for Brown, where he utilizes his great strength and athleticism to score, rather than utilizing any skill. He' s a long term project that we believe will end up being a steal , when we look back on this draft in a few years.

tumblr_oi0ic7Di4C1s3gys4o1_400.gif

pm sent!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, pimp said:

With our final pick in the draft, the ATL Air Force selects . Jaylen Brown
7-jaylen-brown-gear-shop.png
Jaylen is an explosive athlete with a quick first step, and has the ability to defend multiple positions.
He has potential  become one of the best two way players in the NBA. 
 He has all the physical tools to be an elite NBA player, but the skills haven’t quite caught up yet to the physical ability. This duality shows immensely on the offensive end of the floor for Brown, where he utilizes his great strength and athleticism to score, rather than utilizing any skill. He' s a long term project that we believe will end up being a steal , when we look back on this draft in a few years.

tumblr_oi0ic7Di4C1s3gys4o1_400.gif

pm sent!

Boston is going to be a scary team, even for Bron, in the years to come. Bron may run out west to get away from them. At least that way he can say he lost to the Warriors.

If Morey figures out a way to get Bron paired up with Harden and CP3, they could give the Warriors a run.

Edited by Buzzard

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Boston is going to be a scary team, even for Bron, in the years to come. Bron may run out west to get away from them. At least that way he can say he lost to the Warriors.

If Morey figures out a way to get Bron paired up with Harden and CP3, they could give the Warriors a run.

Boston needs a couple guys to really pop if they want to be contenders.  Adding Al Horford level players is nice but doesn't make them contenders.  They need to hit on one of these high lottery picks who becomes their best player and then support him with guys like Hayward, Horford and Thomas.  They are fortunate to be in an era where the East is so pitiful because they would have been bounced in the first or second round of the playoffs last year in the West.  For the future, with Brown and Tatum they need one or both of those guys to really emerge.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

Boston needs a couple guys to really pop if they want to be contenders.  Adding Al Horford level players is nice but doesn't make them contenders.  They need to hit on one of these high lottery picks who becomes their best player and then support him with guys like Hayward, Horford and Thomas.  They are fortunate to be in an era where the East is so pitiful because they would have been bounced in the first or second round of the playoffs last year in the West.  For the future, with Brown and Tatum they need one or of those guys to really emerge.

I agree they need someone else to emerge or pick/trade for someone.

I am not a Boston fan; more like a hater. But I am envious and  Boston fans are going to enjoy watching them play. If Brown emerges, it is on in Boston is what we are saying. If not, Ainge will try and make a splash some other way. Bron thinks further ahead than just this season; what he sees building up in Boston has to be like nothing he has seen in the East since Ainge put the big three together.

13 minutes ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

With last pick to close out this year's Dynasty draft, PSSSHHHRRR87's 'Birds of a Feather' select:

PF/C - Mr. Irrelevant... Alan Williams

r211728_608x342_16-9.jpg

I had to go look this guy up. Suns decided to keep him over Alex Len and they reportedly love him as a teammate with a big heart and motor. Mom is Chief of Police there so he has some hometown roots. His per 36 is off the charts and he will be a primary backup to another un-drafted player in Tyson Chandler.

I like the tag Mr. Irrelevant... Alan Williams but most think he is a very good role player.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Western_Conference_(NBA)_logo.gif

The West is Best... but the East made it close! Buddy Hield's pick was the clincher for the Western Conference.

Pretty good divisional balance by the end of the draft.

WESTERN CONFERENCE -- 60

Pacific Division - 23

Southwest Division - 19

Northwest Division - 18

(Coaches: 5)

EASTERN CONFERENCE -- 57

Atlantic Division - 20

Central Division - 19

Southeast Division - 18

(Coaches: 4)

~lw3

• Like 2

• Moderators

The tallest Summer Dynasty League team is also the cheapest. And the most clueless!

The shortest team is the lightest. Spud Webb would be proud!

The most experienced team is also the oldest, most expensive, and heaviest. Gotta be all those great postgame meals!

Team demographics (and All-Snub Teams) coming soon!

~lw3

• Like 1

• Moderators
I had to go look this guy up. Suns decided to keep him over Alex Len and they reportedly love him as a teammate with a big heart and motor. Mom is Chief of Police there so he has some hometown roots. His per 36 is off the charts and he will be a primary backup to another un-drafted player in Tyson Chandler.

I like the tag Mr. Irrelevant... Alan Williams but most think he is a very good role player.

And considering that Chandler spent the majority of last season on the bench, Williams could end up have a lot of minutes and a breakout season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

I picked Alan Williams up in the Squawk league last February. I had Tyson Chandler, who was getting over 11 rpg, but the Suns shut Him down after the All-star break. I picked up Williams and he put up some nice numbers post All-star break.

Edited by pimp
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Jonas Valanciunas not getting drafted is probably the biggest surprise to me

Me too! I looked at Jonas several times but with KAT and Whiteside already, I thought I needed more balance and flexibility at both forward spots.

Edited by Buzzard

12 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Me too! I looked at Jonas several times but with KAT and Whiteside already, I thought I needed more balance and flexibility at both forward spots.

In fact, I was pretty much scrambling to come up with a decent PF rotation to be honest.

• Moderators

“Hit the Music!”

Don't You Want Them? It’s time for the SUMMER DYNASTY LEAGUE SNUB TEAMS! 

Evan+Fournier+Orlando+Magic+v+Denver+Nug

All-Under 25 Team (min. 15 MPG):

G – Elfrid Payton, Emmanuel Mudiay, Marcus Smart

G – Evan Fournier, Shabazz Muhammad, Rodney Hood

F – Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, Norman Powell, Bobby Portis

F – Willy Hernangomez, Skal Labissiere, Frank Kaminsky

C – Montrezl Harrell, Richaun Holmes, Willie Cauley-Stein

Derrick+Rose+Jonas+Valanciunas+Toronto+R

All-25-to-29 Team (min. 15 MPG):

G – Derrick Rose, Patty Mills, Darren Collison

G – Jeremy Lamb, Sean Kilpatrick, Jordan Crawford

F – Michael Beasley, Bojan Bogdanovic, Nikola Mirotic

F – Enes Kanter, Ryan Anderson, Kenneth Faried

C – Jonas Valanciunas, Marreese Speights, Mason Plumlee

rondo_2.jpg

All-Over 30 Team (min. 15 MPG):

G – Rajon Rondo, Deron Williams, J.J. Barea

G - Dwyane Wade, Andre Iguodala, Manu Ginobili

F – Wilson Chandler, Ersan Ilyasova, James Johnson

F – Rudy Gay, Zach Randolph, Nene, David Lee

C – Tyson Chandler, Zaza Pachulia, Marcin Gortat

varyemez-amca.gif

All-The Money Team (min. $15 million 2017-18 salaries):

G – Dwyane Wade ($23,800,000 pending buyout), Tony Parker

G – Allen Crabbe ($19,332,500) , Evan Turner, Evan Fournier

F – Chandler Parsons ($23,112,004), Luol Deng, Kent Bazemore  

F – Ryan Anderson ($19,578,454), Enes Kanter, Bismack Biyombo, Ian Mahinmi

C – Joakim Noah ($17,765,000), Jonas Valanciunas, Timofey Mozgov

nba-mock-draft-lottery.vadapt.767.high.0

All-Rookie Team:

G – De’Aaron Fox, Frank Ntilikina, Milos Teodosic

G – Malik Monk, Donovan Mitchell, Terrance Ferguson

F – Luke Kennard, Justin Jackson, Furkan Korkmaz

F – Lauri Markkanen, Harry Giles, Guerschon Yabusele

C – Zach Collins, Justin Patton, Bam Adebayo

160708_memscores_chandlerparsons_01.jpg

All-Taken Top 100 Last Year Team:

G – Rajon Rondo (66th), Brandon Knight (93rd), Darren Collison (98th)

G – Evan Fournier (37th), Rodney Hood (58th), Dwyane Wade (85th)

F – Chandler Parsons (47th), Al-Farouq Aminu (60th), Kent Bazemore (75th), DeMarre Carroll (86th)

F – Kenneth Faried (79th), Luol Deng (80th), Enes Kanter (91st), Ryan Anderson (95th)

C – Jonas Valanciunas (54th), Zaza Pachulia (87th), Willie Cauley-Stein (90th), Bismack Biyombo (94th)

~lw3

• Like 2