• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2017 Dynasty Draft - Pick Selection and Discussion Thread

AHF

Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
kiddgmi01.png 9.2 pts - 7.0 rebs - 1.0 blk - 1.0 stls

MKG has had injury problems in the past , but he managed to play in 81 games last season.
He's an excellent defensive player that can defend 4 positions. He's a good shot blocker and offensive rebounder as well.
The Hornets had him guarding the opposing team's best player for the majority of the time that he was on the court.
Lebron  , Harden , Westbrook, Melo ... MKG took the challenge of guarding the best players in the nba, and he frustrated all of them. This is a big reason why I want him on my team. My guards are not know for their defense, so when needed, we can put MKG in the lineup to shadow the other team's best offensive player.

• Admin
28 minutes ago, pimp said:

Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
kiddgmi01.png 9.2 pts - 7.0 rebs - 1.0 blk - 1.0 stls

MKG has had injury problems in the past , but he managed to play in 81 games last season.
He's an excellent defensive player that can defend 4 positions. He's a good shot blocker and offensive rebounder as well.
The Hornets had him guarding the opposing team's best player for the majority of the time that he was on the court.
Lebron  , Harden , Westbrook, Melo ... MKG took the challenge of guarding the best players in the nba, and he frustrated all of them. This is a big reason why I want him on my team. My guards are not know for their defense, so when needed, we can put MKG in the lineup to shadow the other team's best offensive player.

Your pick is not until 1:43 ... LW3 was giving you a heads up and MKG has already been taken

6 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Your pick is not until 1:43 ... LW3 was giving you a heads up and MKG has already been taken

LOL , yeah , he was taken by me.  Look at the last page....
I took MKG last night , i just added the write up today because i didn't have time last night.

Edited by pimp
  • Like 2

With my next pick, I decided to hire a coach.
I think it would be a good idea to bring in a coach that's used to coaching a "super team"
With that said, the Atl Air Force is announcing that we have come to terms with :

Steve Kerr
kerr.gif 7 time NBA Champion : 5 as a player : 2 as a coach
Regular season record: 207 - 39
Playoff record :  47 -15

Kerr has championship experience as a player and coach
3 championships with the Bulls, 2 with the Spurs , as coach of the Warriors.

When he took over as head coach of the Golden State Warriors, Kerr broke the NBA record for the most regular season wins for a rookie coach. He was the first rookie coach to win a championship since Pat Riley in ‘82. And he beat his own ‘95 Bulls all-time greatest winning record this season. But it’s not luck that’s gotten him this far. It’s the fundamentals of his leadership style that carry him to record-breaking greatness and set such a great example for others aspiring to achieve greatness in their own careers.
DB0R6crXkAAIdcN.jpg
@Buzzard

Edited by pimp
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, pimp said:

With my next pick, I decided to hire a coach.
I think it would be a good idea to bring in a coach that's used to coaching a "super team"
With that said, the Atl Air Force is announcing that we have come to terms with :

Steve Kerr
kerr.gif 7 time NBA Champion : 5 as a player : 2 as a coach
Regular season record: 207 - 39
Playoff record :  47 -15

Kerr has championship experience as a player and coach
3 championships with the Bulls, 2 with the Spurs , as coach of the Warriors.

When he took over as head coach of the Golden State Warriors, Kerr broke the NBA record for the most regular season wins for a rookie coach. He was the first rookie coach to win a championship since Pat Riley in ‘82. And he beat his own ‘95 Bulls all-time greatest winning record this season. But it’s not luck that’s gotten him this far. It’s the fundamentals of his leadership style that carry him to record-breaking greatness and set such a great example for others aspiring to achieve greatness in their own careers.
DB0R6crXkAAIdcN.jpg
@Buzzard

This was the pick I was afraid to make.  I wanted him and could have had him but just wasn't sure that his back would hold up for the season.  I suppose you should have this guy too..

Image result for Mike Woodson

• Like 1

With the 111th pick in the Dynasty Draft the Flocking Buzzards finally select a rookie. I was beginning to think everyone of them would be gone one round before I had them targeted. Hopefully patience is a virtue and this young man pans out.

We are selecting  Jonathan Isaac. Isaac was the 6th pick in this years draft and is looked on as a jack of all trades. A player with good size for either forward spot and an upside that has many thinking he may one day be able to play all five positions. We honestly think he could be a perfect fit to play along side KAT and luckily for us he can take his time and learn; while he strengthens up playing  behind some pretty good players on our team.

"Isaac is a small-ball heavy, defensive-oriented coach's dream. Despite his slight frame, at 6' 11 with the reach of many NBA centers (9' 0.5), and the feet of a two guard, Isaac has the defensive versatility to check at least four positions, maybe even stealing some minutes at the 5 once he fills out"

Source: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Jonathan-Isaac-90052/

Please welcome to the Flock Jonathan Isaac!

JonathanIsaac.jpg

@lethalweapon3 is up!

Edited by Buzzard

• Moderators

With roughly the 112th pick of the 2017 Hawksquawk Summer Dynasty Draft, the Lethal Flexibility selects:

I’m really at a loss to figure out which forward I want to add to this roster. So, I’m simply going to take this loss, and go back to my hotel with…

morris.jpg

Markieff Morris (Power Forward, 6’10”, 245 lbs., Age 28 as of 10/1/2017), who seems to be dressed for the draft lottery. Or the trap house, either way.

Temperament and maturity have long been issues for Markieff Morris, particularly off the floor. While he has an ideal cohort to play behind, in two-time NBA champion Draymond Green, that shouldn't take away from noting one of the more balanced seasons of his oft-unbalanced pro career.

With teammates better able to spread the floor, Morris thrived on the inside. 46.8% of his shots were within ten feet of the rim, easily a career-best for him. Coupling that with his career-high 36.2 3FG% has transformed Morris into a full-floor threat. His free throw shooting last season (83.7 FT%) also blasted away his previous career-best mark.

On the other end of the floor, Keef collected a career-high 5.1 defensive RPG while nearly matching a career-best with 1.1 SPG.  This makes Morris one of four L-Flexers among the 23 players averaging at least 5 D-Rebs and one steal per contest. This also contributed to Morris finishing last season, along with Green among the Top 8 power forwards in Defensive RPM.

Like his new teammate, Robert Covington, Morris could stand to work on his defensive posture and commit fewer fouls (4th-most in the league last season). Also like Covington, he will have longer tenures on the floor if he figures out how to improve as a passer.

As is a tendency of most things named Morris, this particular Morris tends to get a little finicky. His perpetual needling of referees, and occasionally teammates, coaches, and the media, presents another chemistry challenge for L-Flex Coach Jason Kidd. Kidd may like spilling drinks on occasion, but he doesn't need Morris lobbing a towel in his direction.

Still, the persistent threat of diminished playing time, in favor of the youthful Ben Simmons and Dario Saric, should suffice to keep Markieff straightened-up and flying right.

While Keef celebrates his selection on his way to the showers…

…we’ll keep this thing moving with @LucastheThird!

THE LETHAL FLEXIBILITY

PG: Wardell Stephen Curry II, Lonzo Anderson Ball

SG: James Khristian Middleton, Gary Harris, Bogdan Bogdanovic

SF: Benjamin Simmons, Robert Covington

PF: Draymond Jamal Green, Markieff Morris, Dario Saric

C: Nikola Jokic, Nikola Vucevic

COACH: Jason Frederick Kidd

~lw3

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

With roughly the 112th pick of the 2017 Hawksquawk Summer Dynasty Draft, the Lethal Flexibility selects:

I’m really at a loss to figure out which forward I want to add to this roster. So, I’m simply going to take this loss, and go back to my hotel with…

morris.jpg

Markieff Morris (Power Forward, 6’10”, 245 lbs., Age 28 as of 10/1/2017), who seems to be dressed for the draft lottery. Or the trap house, either way.

More on this whiny wizard in this space down the road. While Keef celebrates his selection on his way to the showers…

…we’ll keep this thing moving with @LucastheThird!

THE LETHAL FLEXIBILITY

PG: Wardell Stephen Curry II, Lonzo Anderson Ball

SG: James Khristian Middleton, Gary Harris, Bogdan Bogdanovic

SF: Benjamin Simmons, Robert Covington

PF: Draymond Jamal Green, Markieff Morris, Dario Saric

C: Nikola Jokic, Nikola Vucevic

COACH: Jason Frederick Kidd

~lw3

I looked at Morris among others but decided I wanted to get on the rookie train. I like him and think he is a good pro on both ends of the floor. My bench is full of good pros so I reached for someone spectacular this time instead.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

All Points Bulletin: If anyone has recently seen the whereabouts of this former Squawk Assistant GM, contact Lexington authorities asap.

news201603190911827.jpg

~lw3

Well bleep me.  Only one possible response to my complete mental lapse:

thats-a-paddlin.jpg

Be gentle, Ashley.

• Like 3